DINOSAUR TRAINING

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.48%

Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    honestly it sounds like a bunch of powerlifting routines thrown into one
    No, it isnt a bunch of powerlifting routines thrown into one. dinosaur training is powerlifting, olympic lifting, strongman training, combat conditioning, kettlebell lifting, heavy hard grip work, etc. Dinosaur training is an title Brooks coined for these types of training. Randall Strossens Milo magazine is all about dino training, well before Brooks came out with his book.

All I can say is read the book and you'll understand that he isnt taking credit for inventing any new way of training. He pays respect back to those hard, strong old school guys that came up with dino training.

The book isnt expensive at all, $20. Even if you dont decide to train with the routines in the book, I think everyone serious into lifting weights would appreciate this book.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.2%

Bump!
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.17%

this is a great book!

let me say that I haven't followed one actual "routine" in this book, (I'm not big on follwoing routines anyway), I just got ideas from it.

this was one of the first books I read that opened my mind about what exercise really is, (only the first) there are others that opened it even more.

this book is very good for a drug-free trainee, this book may have several powerlifting routines combined into one, (like 5x5,singles,and rack work) but it also gets into detail about other lost exercises and talks about the old-time strongmen and gets into some odd grip training, and is very motivating, witch is top notch even if one can find most of the routines on the net.

it was one of the first books to actaully teach me how to get strong, and if your a thinker and look deep into it, one can realise what this type of training can do for longivity, training isn't just about muscle.

this book is a great start...........my review coming from a non-anabolic mind.

P.S. I don't even own a copy, I borrowed one
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

The name Dinosaur Training is no worse then DC (Dog Crap) training. In case you're not aware of the DC system, I'm not being an @$$hole, there really is a system called Dog Crap.

I'm weary of statements like, ôSome of you will literally see overnight changes in your physical development." Unless you cut off an arm, thats not a plausible statement. It sounds too much like a Muscletech add to me, but apparently the DT system is reinvigorating a lot of people's desire to exercise, and that sounds good to me. I love traditional lifting, but that's just me.

I've read a lot of positive responses about DT training. Its not for me, but big ups to people that get re-inspired to be active hard for me to hate on that.
    NSCA - CSCS
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.1%

anyone who knocks dino training is a p**SY. a wasp waist man boob pumped bicep pencil neck wuss. I love lifting weights but stuff like pumping up arms and squating 100lbs is useless to a dino trainer. we train for strength and power,we end up looking a little rougher than you Marky Mark/Brad Pitt sissies and our women love it. Plus if it came down to having to lift a car or whatever off somebody I could do it. could you?
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by satyricon View Post
    anyone who knocks dino training is a p**SY. a wasp waist man boob pumped bicep pencil neck wuss. I love lifting weights but stuff like pumping up arms and squating 100lbs is useless to a dino trainer. we train for strength and power,we end up looking a little rougher than you Marky Mark/Brad Pitt sissies and our women love it. Plus if it came down to having to lift a car or whatever off somebody I could do it. could you?
    I don't think squatting 100lbs would help anybody.

Now are we talking moving a vehicle to the side or over head?
    NSCA - CSCS

Similar Forum Threads

1. SHR # 1276 :: Dinosaur Training Question And Answers Sessi
    By triceptor in forum SHR Show Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2013, 06:43 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 12:28 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 11:26 AM
  4. Dinosaur Bodyweight Training
    By Y2Jversion1 in forum Exercise Science