What Music Do You listen to while lifting?

MrSkullCrusher

Awards
Im lucky.....The gym i go to has a serperate room for FreeWeights and Us hardcore lifters got together & bought our own system to play our music.We play Hard Rock,Metal,Rap,& hip-hop!GnR,Metallica:head: ,AC/DC ect...is some of the favorite also Slipknot,Hatebreed, & Linkin Park along with Eminem,50Cent,Ludacris ect.....
Name some songs you guys like to listen to while lifting or before lifting....NEW &/or OLD!!!
:djparty:

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am pretty lucky too. My gym is mostly all guys. Most between 16 and 35. We get to listen to any kind of stuff from rage against the machine to slipknot, atreyu, as I lay dying, disturbed system of a down. All the good stuff.

MrSkullCrusher

Awards
Oh Yeah DISTUREBED of course!I also like Rage against the machine (wish they hadnt broken up). :frustrate

kbaseball16

Awards
I listen to anywhere from slipknot, marilyn manson, rammstein, mudvayne, chamillionaire, lil wyte, eminem. Oh and don't worry, I work at a gym and they play fruitcake music so I always have my headphones on.

red5marauder

Awards
Grim Reaper- See You in HELL, Iron Maiden- Wrathchild, Skid Row-youth gone wild, Early Man- Death is the Answer, Judas Priest -The Sentinel....

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
AFI's black sails in the sunset is great to lift to

anything by pennywise

refused - shape of punk to come

satyricon, everytime i die, i love lifting to the Faint, rancid

gorilla

Awards
korn slipknot hatebreed sepultura kittie pantera ratm xzibit eminem 2pac

gixxman

Board Supporter
Awards
DMX - Fame, party up, whats my name, lets get it on, we bout to blow, number 11, stop being greedy, bring your whole crew, ain't no way, flesh of my flesh
Pac - Blasphemy, life of an outlaw, me and my girlfriend, closest road dogz, ghetto star, 2 of Americaz most wanted, no more pain, hit em up, out on bail ft.em, secretz of war, F*** friends, Breathin, lastonesleft
....plus em, 50, rage, guns and roses, nas....

MGH1982

Awards
I am a big fan of listening to 90's hip-hop like Bone thugs, Notorious BIG, Eazy-E, Dr. Dre, mostly gang-banging hip-hop... but also like to work out to the newer rap like 50 cent, lil Wayne, etc. I like basically all types ofmusic besides techno and country though so anything that appeals to my ears i listen to.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I listen to mostly Metallica :head: ,AC/AD, Black Sabbath, Godsmack, and for some reason I recently heard and liked Atreyu.

eshamed51

Awards
Gotta agree with glenihan pennywise rule my favorite band. Glen you ever see them live i have twice best shows of my life. :head:
Lately ive been listening to american head charge, darkest hour, project 86 and death by stereo. every time i die song guitarred and feathered on repeat on some days.:aargh:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
yeah i've seen pennywise live a few times .. great live show .. but nothing can compare to when i saw Joe Strummer live in Nov of 98

i really only like the Hot Damn album by every time i die .. gutter phenomenon just doesn't do it for me .. and the first album they tried too hard to be too complicated with the music

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
Mine would have to be Metallica, Slayer, Amon Amarth, Iced Earth, Pantera, Disturbed, and Drowning Pool. Helps to provide a bit of encouragement and keeps distractions to a minimum. Nothing says I'm here to work like a glare that could melt lead and headphones blaring metal.:twisted: :head:

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
AFI's black sails in the sunset is great to lift to

anything by pennywise

refused - shape of punk to come

satyricon, everytime i die, i love lifting to the Faint, rancid
Good taste man. Alot of Rancid songs get me pretty amped up when I'm lifting. Roots radicals always gets me juiced up. Pretty much just good aggressive punk in general, with maybe some old-school hardcore thrown in the mix is always good. Cro-mags, before the quarrel seems to find itself rotating in my mp3 player alot.

gten79

Awards
Any Tool album, and Metallica old school Metallica does it for me. Although I dabble with a little 50.

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
it doesn't really matter to me what is playing, when I am lifting hard and heavy I block everything out

Dungeon1

Dungeon1

Awards
Mudvayne get's it done, Slipknot, Sepultura, Soul Fly, Deftones, RATM, Chimara, a couple of local bands no one has ever heard of, Every Time I Die.

Just as a side note; there is this one owner at my gym who is always playing the most ridiculous music. last year around thanksgiving he was playing this Celtic music, now I am Irish, but I don't want to listen to the Titanic sink while I am Sqatting. Then last week, he was playing this instrumental, elevator style christmas album. How do you get pumped up to that? The worst part is the guy is ALL ABOUT this ****, like he stands around telling people about how "I saw this band last year at the community center and they rocked!" I seriously would like to smash the sterio when he plays that crap. Thank god I usually go to the gym at like 3 in the morning.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
The Used.........great songs, and the best live performers ive EVER seen, ive been to four of their show and they always blow me away
Definitely some AFI
Definitely some My Chemical Romance
Im trying to back away from the hard stuff but i still like em....underoath, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, the New Finch CD has some duesy's, Thursday, Greeley Estates, Dear Whoever, maybe some Silverstein, Thrice, Let Live, Agony Scene, Funeral for a Friend, Avenged Sevenfold, etc...
Im really not a fan of rap unless im throwin a party, in which case its a must if you want to dance with girls.

Lately i just listin to chillin music: Guster, Kalia, Jack Johnson

powerlifter

Awards
Slayer
old Sepultera
Obituary
Behemoth
Vader
Speed Kill Hate
Testament
Decapitated
Dying Fetus
Cannibal Corpse
Six Feet Under
Vital Remains
Orange Goblin
Nile
Vehemence
Pig Destroyer
Darkane
The Crown
Arch Enemy
Dew-Scented
Goatwhore
Cattle Decapitation
Dismember
Disgrace by Design
and **** loads more

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
Barbra Streisand for sure! :head: But if I'm going for my max I put on some Enya...thats what I'm talkin 'bout. :D

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
everyone that's mentioned Every Time I Die should check out "shape of punk to come" by Refused .. best hardcore album EVER and considering it came out in 97 it was way ahead of its time

Dennis Lyxzen (sp) is the singer .. he's now the singer of the (international) noise conspiracy

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, shape of punk to come blew me away when I first heard it. Some of the coolest breakdowns I have ever heard. I haven't played that album in a long time, I might have to pop it in.

stuffperson

Awards
As I Lay Dying

Norma Jean

thats all I need for lifting music, brutal music but grows on you like crazy.

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
AFI, Underoath (love the screamo), Story of the Year, From Autumn to Ashes, Atreyu, Finch, My Chemical Romance, Thrice, Trapt, Avenged Sevenfold (their old stuff live Unholy Confessions), Funeral for a Friend, PENNYWISE, Tiger Army, REFUSED, Armor for Sleep, the Used, HIM, Saosin, Bleed the Dream, Chevelle, A Static Lullaby, HE IS LEGEND (def a good band), Unearth...

Basically anything I'd listen to either when I'm in a pitt or angry :).

mywetnightmares

Kyra Gracie= my future wife
Awards
  • Established
I'm lucky, my NROTC unit has a weight room in the Armory. It's really small but it has all my friend and I need to get things done. It also has a stereo so we can pick the music. I think I'm the only Navy option that uses the weight room, other than me it's just the marines. Even my workout partner is a marine option.

Rancid- ... And Out Come the Wolves
Older AFI
Calavera
Tiger Army
Social Distortion
Some ridiculous mainstream rap
80's pop
50's rockabilly- Eddie Cochran, Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, etc.
Carmina Burana, which reminds me, I need to get some classical to make a classical mix for lifting, any suggestions?

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
AFI, Underoath (love the screamo), Story of the Year, From Autumn to Ashes, Atreyu, Finch, My Chemical Romance, Thrice, Trapt, Avenged Sevenfold (their old stuff live Unholy Confessions), Funeral for a Friend, PENNYWISE, Tiger Army, REFUSED, Armor for Sleep, the Used, HIM, Saosin, Bleed the Dream, Chevelle, A Static Lullaby, HE IS LEGEND (def a good band), Unearth...

Basically anything I'd listen to either when I'm in a pitt or angry :).
I didnt know I had a twin

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
I didnt know I had a twin
LOL! Well sir you have a good taste in music.

Everyone that's ever asked me what I'm listening to while I'm working out gets kind of scared. I get the "Oh ****, this guys a ticking time bomb" treatment. Girls don't seem to mind it though. They seem to understand it's a guy thing.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
LOL! Well sir you have a good taste in music.

Everyone that's ever asked me what I'm listening to while I'm working out gets kind of scared. I get the "Oh ****, this guys a ticking time bomb" treatment. Girls don't seem to mind it though. They seem to understand it's a guy thing.
Date's really suck though because every cd i have is this stuff.....it doesnt work. So i tell my dates to bring their music or we will be listening to the radio. (i hate the f ing radio)

It is a tough problem. I like it when girls im dating like the same music as i do so its not the "can we listen to my music after this" senario. But then again there is something very unsexy to me about girls that like the sound of men screaming like they are dying.

NevrEnuf

Awards
  • Established
i can't even think about moving heavy weights aorund without eminem, gotta have linkin park too

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
Date's really suck though because every cd i have is this stuff.....it doesnt work. So i tell my dates to bring their music or we will be listening to the radio. (i hate the f ing radio)

It is a tough problem. I like it when girls im dating like the same music as i do so its not the "can we listen to my music after this" senario. But then again there is something very unsexy to me about girls that like the sound of men screaming like they are dying.

nothing and i mean NOTHING is sexier to me than a hot chick that is into punk and/or hardcore

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
nothing and i mean NOTHING is sexier to me than a hot chick that is into punk and/or hardcore
I agree. However, on the flipside nothing to me is more unappealing than an emo chick...

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
My ex used to go in the pitts with me....

God I miss her..even if she was into Relient K & Fall Out Boy..

She was my hardcore grl at heart.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Lately, my taste has been very different. Mostly Spanish music:
Carlos Vives
La Ley
Diego Torres
Shakira (sexy and talented :D )
Alejandro Sanz

But overall, I tend toward some heavier stuff, only while I'm lifting (I used to listen to heavy music every waking hour, and I was a very angry young man).
I still throw these on once in a while (I used to know most of these guys):
Vision of Disorder
Candiria
Crown of Thornz
E-Town Concrete
Madball
...of course, I'll still throw on some Jeff Buckley and Radiohead :D

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
My ex used to go in the pitts with me....

God I miss her..even if she was into Relient K & Fall Out Boy..

She was my hardcore grl at heart.
I refuse to take girls with me to concerts now. My friend brought his girl to warp tour this year and some retard in a mosh flailing his arms hit her in the face. She lost a tooth and her lips were all ripped up.....it was pain full to watch that happen to a girl.

__
Beowolf, word on the angry young man stuff. Im calming it down now too with Jack Johnson type stuff.

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
Lately, my taste has been very different. Mostly Spanish music:
Carlos Vives
La Ley
Diego Torres
Shakira (sexy and talented :D )
Alejandro Sanz

But overall, I tend toward some heavier stuff, only while I'm lifting (I used to listen to heavy music every waking hour, and I was a very angry young man).
I still throw these on once in a while (I used to know most of these guys):
Vision of Disorder
Candiria
Crown of Thornz
E-Town Concrete
Madball
...of course, I'll still throw on some Jeff Buckley and Radiohead :D
You knew Madball and Crown of Thornz bro? Thats awesome. I bet you have some crazy stories if you hung around those guys. Madball- Hold it Down is an awesome cd to play when lifting.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Back in the day when I was into that **** I was the asshole with his arms flailing all over the place. Boston definitely had one of the most violent scenes anywhere. Crazy ****. But if that is the scene you are introduced to, that is the norm that you follow. I will say that I was never one to intentionally hit anyone, but if I was doing spin kicks or windmills across the floor and you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...

I took my share of bruises. Definitely keep the women away from the pit if you are at a show in Boston.

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, Boston has always been known for having that tough guy scene. I heard that Blood For Blood shows were always crazy with FSU and what not. My brother used to be pretty heavy into the scene when he lived in Portland, and he was pretty crazy about that ****.

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
I refuse to take girls with me to concerts now. My friend brought his girl to warp tour this year and some retard in a mosh flailing his arms hit her in the face. She lost a tooth and her lips were all ripped up.....it was pain full to watch that happen to a girl.

__
Beowolf, word on the angry young man stuff. Im calming it down now too with Jack Johnson type stuff.
My ex could hold her own, hell you should have seen some of our fights. One that'll never leave my mind was when she was yelling at me (I'm naturally passive) & I was just sitting there kind of letting things slide & she got up & started hitting me. I pinned her against a wall & threw a punch right next to her head. I of course broke through the wall & said, "If you ever touch me again I'll walk out of your life & write you off." She never touched me since. :) I'd never hit a girl though & it takes more than just **** talking for me to fight someone. In fact, I'd probably have to get hit first.

Pitts are a whole different story. It's my release for all the bullshit I bottle up in life. I'm usually the guy throwing punches in the air & doing spin kicks. I wait till no one is really around though & when someone hits the floor, I help em up as fast as I can as to no one likes getting trampled.

Either way, if that was my ex that got hit by that guy, she probably would've gone in the pitt after him.

Hmm..I think I'm missing someone.

Ohh yea, some other bands, Flogging Molly & Dropkick Murphys.

BHERTZ

Awards
2 of the sickest modern metal bands around: ILL NINO & DEVILDRIVER

if you have a pair you will buy any of their cd's and play them as loud as possible

devildriver's lead singer used to lead for coal chamber in case anyone is wondering...and as far as ill nino, they are slowly taking over the entire hardcore/metal scene.

the bands i listed are comprable if not better and heavier in some cases to hatebreed and disturbed. THEY WILL BLOW YOUR MIND.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, Boston has always been known for having that tough guy scene. I heard that Blood For Blood shows were always crazy with FSU and what not. My brother used to be pretty heavy into the scene when he lived in Portland, and he was pretty crazy about that ****.
Portland, Maine? There was a pretty crazy hc scene up there too. Actually, a Portland show was basically a Boston show. Same people made the trek. I used to go to BFB shows when I was like 15 or 16. Scary ****, but I came to love it.

Any time there were girls near the pit I just stayed away. I never wanted to be that guy who hit the girl. \

I hear you on picking people up, xxtruthxx1. When people were cool, the scene was the ****. Violence ruined it. I think the best scenes were in Queens and Long Island. They had the right blend of dancing hard and respect. Met lots of good peeps in those places.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
My ex could hold her own, hell you should have seen some of our fights. One that'll never leave my mind was when she was yelling at me (I'm naturally passive) & I was just sitting there kind of letting things slide & she got up & started hitting me. I pinned her against a wall & threw a punch right next to her head. I of course broke through the wall & said, "If you ever touch me again I'll walk out of your life & write you off." She never touched me since. :) I'd never hit a girl though & it takes more than just **** talking for me to fight someone. In fact, I'd probably have to get hit first.
That is such a good idea.....holy ****

Ive had stupid girl friends in the past that would hit me because they knew i wouldn't hit them back. And there was also something funny to them about hitting a guy that weighs 210 (ive lost a lot of mass since then from illness and whatnot). But ya, im sure if you punched a hole through the wall right next to their face they would definitely get the point...
thats awsome :clap2:

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
when i really want to **** some **** up i put on music that reminds me of my ex. when i get worked up over her i kinda scare myself sometimes

CrimsonOsiris

Board Supporter
Awards
back in november, as i was getting ready to max at 600 in the squat, down with the sickness by disturbed came on. we had the varsity weight room to ourselves for our max outs, so they cranked it up. just as i got ready to squat that ****, the part where he starts freaking out about his mother came on. now, i actually have a very postitive and close relationship to my mother, but for some reason that song translated over to my first ex. needless to say, i got the new max at 6 bills, a 75 pound increase from 7 weeks earlier.

tops2heavy

tops2heavy

Awards
nobody listens to trust company??? they make me wana rip someone apart