Redemption: My workout log up to my next two comps

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.71%

    Redemption: My workout log up to my next two comps


    I have decided to make a journal leading up to my next comp or 2 (depending on if I decide to do Ron Palmer's Charity meet). This is how my workouts are split up:

    Mon: rest
    Tues: Chest (light), tri's (heavy)
    Wed: Back, bi's
    Thurs: delts, tri's (light)
    Fri: Legs
    Sat: rest
    Sun: Chest (heavy), tri's (heavy)

    I plan on attacking my triceps (my weakest point), all of my pressing exercises will be done with a close grip. I will follow this workout program until the begining of the new year. I will update this as often as possible, but can't promise every day updates though due to my school schedule. My planned meet(s) are Dec. 10th in Freemont, OH and possibly Dec. 18th in Indy. I will be going for over 800lbs at both meets. From now until my comps I will be working with my new RageX and my new Black Denim (it's great being sponsored by Inzer) and seeing which one will work the best for me. I will post my weights for every update and will also put in what shirt I wore (in case anyone cares). I will redeem myself from my last meet and hit 800+ before the new year.

  2. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.71%

    Chest (all raw)
    Flat bench:
    315 x 5
    405 x 5
    500 x 5
    610 x 2

    Incline bench
    315 x 5
    405 x 5
    500 x 3
    525 x 1

    Triceps
    Rope press downs
    150 x 10
    200 x 10 x 3 sets

    Medial head presses (hard to describe and really don't have a name)
    100's x 8 x 4 sets
  3. Registered User
    glenihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,679
    Rep Power
    1965
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    6.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    hmm ... it seems your benching is finally catching up to mine ..
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    primetimerg's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    323
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    17.85%

    Holy Hell...


    When you say 610 x 2; are you talking pounds? lol, just kidding. You are an official Man Child!

    Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    Chest (all raw)
    Flat bench:
    315 x 5
    405 x 5
    500 x 5
    610 x 2

    Incline bench
    315 x 5
    405 x 5
    500 x 3
    525 x 1

    Triceps
    Rope press downs
    150 x 10
    200 x 10 x 3 sets

    Medial head presses (hard to describe and really don't have a name)
    100's x 8 x 4 sets
  5. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.71%

    Actually I didn't go as heavy as I had planned, I am still recovering from being sick and felt weak (especially my triceps, but I think thats from overtraining them leading up to my last comp).
  6. Board Sponsor
    Apowerz6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,106
    Rep Power
    1167
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    66.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Keep it up, and the Goal will Be Achieved !!!
  7. New Member
    BiggerNstronger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    133
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    31.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    Actually I didn't go as heavy as I had planned, I am still recovering from being sick and felt weak (especially my triceps, but I think thats from overtraining them leading up to my last comp).
    Your working them 3 times a week NOW and you think you may have overtrained them BEFORE???? You know this, but muscles grow/get stronger while at REST, not in the gym. You know your bod better than I do of course...good luck and GO FOR IT!
  8. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4831
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    DAMN Bro.

    I don't know how I have missed your posts in the past unless that is a new avatar. I read where you said you were going for 800 in your next meet and I just figured a bench, squat and dead meet and I though hmmmmmmmm He aint too strong for looking so big in his avatar.

    Then I see you mean 800 in FREAKING BENCH ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!! lol


    Very nice!

    BTW nice rep points for so few posts let me in on the secret lol

    Best of luck to ya man.


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  9. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.71%

    Back

    Rack pulls 10" off ground
    405x5
    500x5
    600x1
    705x1
    805x1

    Close grip pull downs
    200x10 (warm up)
    400x10x4sets

    Wide grip pulldowns
    400x10x3sets

    bentover rows
    315x10x3sets
    335x10

    Didn't get a chance to get to biceps, will do them tomorrow with delts and triceps.
    Last edited by NickW; 11-09-2005 at 11:25 PM.
  10. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.71%

    Quote Originally Posted by BiggerNstronger
    Your working them 3 times a week NOW and you think you may have overtrained them BEFORE???? You know this, but muscles grow/get stronger while at REST, not in the gym. You know your bod better than I do of course...good luck and GO FOR IT!
    Now I am going light on one of the days instead of all three, lol. My strength usually increases when I work a muscle heavy more than once a week, but apparently 3 is too many. On my light tricep day I am just going to get some blood to the muscle and work on isolating the medial head.
  11. Elite Member
    ryansm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,125
    Rep Power
    22019
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    94.92%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    What are your lifts for Deads, and squat?

    Your bench is just insane.

  12. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,683
    Rep Power
    10789
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    Actually I didn't go as heavy as I had planned, I am still recovering from being sick and felt weak (especially my triceps, but I think thats from overtraining them leading up to my last comp).
    i know exactly what you mean bro. last time i hit 610 raw on bench, i remember thinking 'damn, i'm such a *****'.

    workouts are insane brudda. moving weight that i dream of. haven't seen you around MMI much lately. these workout logss would be great appreciated over there.
  13. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.71%

    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    i know exactly what you mean bro. last time i hit 610 raw on bench, i remember thinking 'damn, i'm such a *****'.

    workouts are insane brudda. moving weight that i dream of. haven't seen you around MMI much lately. these workout logss would be great appreciated over there.
    Will copy and paste it over there. Yeah I have been MIA from most boards, damn inorganic chemistry is kicking my ass.
  14. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.71%

    Quote Originally Posted by ryansm
    What are your lifts for Deads, and squat?

    Your bench is just insane.
    Most I have ever deadlifted with just a belt is 750, squat with just a belt and knee wraps is 850. That is all pre screwed up knee.
  15. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,683
    Rep Power
    10789
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    Most I have ever deadlifted with just a belt is 750, squat with just a belt and knee wraps is 850. That is all pre screwed up knee.
    what screwed up your knee?
  16. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.71%

    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    what screwed up your knee?
    My dad thought I would make a good roofer, so I tried it and ended up turning my knee and sliding down my roof. Meniscus is all screwed up, looks like swiss cheese. I have to have knee surgery sometime, but I am a total ***** when it comes to needles, scalpels, or anything else used to penetrate my body, lol.
  17. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,683
    Rep Power
    10789
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    My dad thought I would make a good roofer, so I tried it and ended up turning my knee and sliding down my roof. Meniscus is all screwed up, looks like swiss cheese. I have to have knee surgery sometime, but I am a total ***** when it comes to needles, scalpels, or anything else used to penetrate my body, lol.
    damn bro. hopefully a surgery would fix it. squatting 850 with a belt/wraps is impressive as ****. you've got some incredible genetics, and not just for bench. get that damn thing fixed and you'd shatter some more records.

    how were your knees from heavy squatting, pre-injury? any probs?
  18. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.71%

    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    damn bro. hopefully a surgery would fix it. squatting 850 with a belt/wraps is impressive as ****. you've got some incredible genetics, and not just for bench. get that damn thing fixed and you'd shatter some more records.

    how were your knees from heavy squatting, pre-injury? any probs?
    Bad patellar tendonitis before the injury due to not even wearing knee wraps for a long time, but thats about it. My family is full of guys with bad knees, of course we are all big athletic people. I think years of sports and weighing over 250 since my sophomore year of HS helped a lot with the tendonitis (causing it that is).
  19. Elite Member
    ryansm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,125
    Rep Power
    22019
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    94.92%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I have the same issues with my knees, and my shoulder. I do not have time right now for the surgery it would set me back too far. I'm sure I will regret when I am older, but hell I am having way too much fun.

    Looks like you and I have similar strength in the squat and dead department. You got me beat on bench, by far.

  20. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.71%

    Quote Originally Posted by ryansm
    I have the same issues with my knees, and my shoulder. I do not have time right now for the surgery it would set me back too far. I'm sure I will regret when I am older, but hell I am having way too much fun.

    Looks like you and I have similar strength in the squat and dead department. You got me beat on bench, by far.
    I know, I don't want to have the surgery either. I am having a lot of fun getting my bench and other upper body lifts as high as I can right now, but I also know that I have take care of my knees so when I have kids I can play with them.
  21. New Member
    MrSkullCrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    218
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    85.27%

    Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    Now I am going light on one of the days instead of all three, lol. My strength usually increases when I work a muscle heavy more than once a week, but apparently 3 is too many. On my light tricep day I am just going to get some blood to the muscle and work on isolating the medial head.
    I actually use to hit tris 3X a week also.Changed it up now to Twice.Whatever works for you though!I know you will hit your goal this time bro!Keep hitting it HARD!Eat a few of these every day too .
    Im hungry!
    Can u tell?
  22. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.71%

    Delts
    Upright rows
    135 x 10
    225 x 10 x 4

    BB Shoulder press
    225x10
    315x8x2sets
    405x2
    425x1

    Arnold Presses
    100's x 10 x 4sets

    Triceps
    Rope press downs
    150 x 15 x 4

    Skull crushers
    225 x 10 x 4

    skipped biceps again today, I really hate doing bi's..lol. I suppose I can do them tomorrow after legs
  23. Board Supporter
    DieTrying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    909
    Rep Power
    12960
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    74.32%

    Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    Delts
    Upright rows
    135 x 10
    225 x 10 x 4

    BB Shoulder press
    225x10
    315x8x2sets
    405x2
    425x1

    Arnold Presses
    100's x 10 x 4sets

    Triceps
    Rope press downs
    150 x 15 x 4

    Skull crushers
    225 x 10 x 4

    skipped biceps again today, I really hate doing bi's..lol. I suppose I can do them tomorrow after legs
    My God.
  24. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.71%

    My shoulders, chest, and back are crazy strong. My triceps and biceps are my weak points on upper body. My calves are my weak point on lower body, they are puny (sp?).
  25. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.71%

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSkullCrusher
    I actually use to hit tris 3X a week also.Changed it up now to Twice.Whatever works for you though!I know you will hit your goal this time bro!Keep hitting it HARD!Eat a few of these every day too .
    Im hungry!
    Can u tell?
    I def agree with your diet advice, lol.

    If anyone has any questions about my training or how I perform my lifts feel free to ask.
    Last edited by NickW; 11-10-2005 at 11:12 PM.
  26. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.71%

    Legs

    squats
    315 x 5
    405 x 5
    455 x 20

    Walking lunges (BB)
    225 x length of the basketball court and back

    Stiff legged deads
    315 x 10 x 3

    I didn't go very heavy on squats today, wanted to see how the knees were feeling and if they could take the weight without causing massive amounts of pain. They felt decent, but did begin to hurt a little 1/2 way through the lunges so I put on some compression sleeves. I will see how they feel later on tonight, lol.
  27. New Member
    PIOTREK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    175
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    71.45%

    Thumbs up


    Nice log Nick. I was wondering, how deep do usually go with heavy squats. Are you a believer that ATG squats are necessary? Thanks.
  28. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.71%

    I go to paralell, I don't think my knees could take ATG squats.
  29. Registered User
    EEmain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    882
    Rep Power
    568
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    71.86%

    Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    Chest (all raw)
    Flat bench:
    315 x 5
    405 x 5
    500 x 5
    610 x 2

    Incline bench
    315 x 5
    405 x 5
    500 x 3
    525 x 1

    Triceps
    Rope press downs
    150 x 10
    200 x 10 x 3 sets

    Medial head presses (hard to describe and really don't have a name)
    100's x 8 x 4 sets
    If you ever need a job I can get you one RERAILING trains. Wouldn`t need a jack with you around!
  30. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.71%

    My legs are in horrible pain today, which makes me wonder how bad they will hurt tomorrow, lol
  31. New Member
    Reggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    163
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    16.8%

    God almighty.
  32. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,683
    Rep Power
    10789
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    My legs are in horrible pain today, which makes me wonder how bad they will hurt tomorrow, lol
    that's what you get for 455 x 20. serves you right goliath.

  33. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.71%

    lol, I guess that would be true. I just need to get used to doing squats again. Right now I am just a big mangina, lol.
  34. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.71%

    Got a new goal for squats next week, I just read that Tom Platz did 500 for 23 reps, so I am going to go for 24. I know this is rather ambitious but I am going for it!
  35. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,683
    Rep Power
    10789
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    well, seeing that you did 600 and something for 20 reps at one point, i don't see it being that hard.

    oh, how i really hate you
  36. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.71%

    Thanks Beelze, it will be hard but not due to the weight...high reps are what kill me lol. You will be doing this much weight or more once you put your mind toward it.
  37. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,683
    Rep Power
    10789
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    hoping to get there one day bro. as mentioned previously, you're in a different class of lifting.

    genetically engineered - elephant + buffalo = NickW
  38. Advanced Member
    julius kelp's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    762
    Rep Power
    522
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    53.55%

    you're phenomenal dude. would any of the joint support supps help at all? i couldn't believe how well cissus/celadrin worked for my elbow.
  39. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.71%

    Chest/tri's

    4 board press with purple bands
    135x3
    185x3
    225x3
    275x3
    315x1
    365x1x6 sets (90 secs rest between sets)
    405x1
    455x1
    495x1
    505x1
    510x1
    515x1
    520x1

    These were all done close grip, forcing my elbows in (something I never do), and pushing the weight towards my feet. George is having me do these to work the medial head of my triceps. He says thats the only way I will ever achieve my ultimate goal of holding the SHW WR in the bench. The weight wasn't that heavy (compared to what I normally do) but I am not used to keeping it all in my triceps, I usually flare my arms and use my delts to push and beat the weight with speed. I am still a little sick, can't breathe through my nose, broke a ton of blood vessels in my face.
  40. DO WORK!
    NickW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    531
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.71%

    Quote Originally Posted by julius kelp
    you're phenomenal dude. would any of the joint support supps help at all? i couldn't believe how well cissus/celadrin worked for my elbow.
    Its not my joints that hurt, its my muscles themselves. I haven't squatted in a LONG time. My knees do hurt some, but that is due to a ****ty miniscus, lol.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. My first log thanks to AI Sports Nutrition "Stoked"!!
    By mnowak1228 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 05:40 PM
  2. Big Ups To My NP Crew
    By custom in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 06:06 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-30-2006, 03:49 AM
  4. Follow up to my M1T sickness
    By t_diddy2222 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 12:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in