Redemption: My workout log up to my next two comps

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    yea i bucked up and bought a pair after some harrasement from a guy on another board, probably the best investment i've made. if i'm allowed to post the webiste from where i got them i will, i got them pretty cheap
    I can get them from Louie pretty cheap, I am just still paying for other equipment I bought from him, lol.

2. haha, that's great. you should go over to ironaddicts.com some great plers over there, i'm sure you know a couple of them.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    haha, that's great. you should go over to ironaddicts.com some great plers over there, i'm sure you know a couple of them.
    I will check it out, thanks for pointing it out to me

4. no problem, this board is good and all, but not a lot of powerlifters, check out the training section when you go, exmgq is pretty stout for an old guy

5. Back
    Rack pulls 6" off ground
    405x5
    500x5
    630x3
    720x2
    765x1

High row hammer machine
    410x10x4

Low row hammer machine
    410x10x4

Delts
    Arnolds
    100'sx10x4

Upright row
    225x10x3

Today was a pretty light workout (the rack pulls still took a lot out of me though, I thought they would be easier than they were), want to save my strength for benching heavy (so I can get it on vid) this sunday. Nothing spectacular, still tired though but that is prolly from a lack of sleep.
    •   

6. tattoopierced1

that was a light workout? man I wish I could do a light workout then....

7. Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1
    that was a light workout? man I wish I could do a light workout then....

Light except for the rack pulls. The hammer strength equipment makes things much easier.

8. Chest
    Bench
    315x5
    405x5
    505x3
    615x2
    665-miss
    665-miss
    665-miss

I had a ****ty workout, kinda felt like a ***** today,lol. I got 615 for a double, but couldn't get 665 today. My handoffs were ****ty (135lb guys who were asked last second, not their fault at all) and I had just lifted heavy on tuesday, I just didn't have it in me today. I will take the week off from benching (I will try to anyways) and try again next week. I will be putting a vid up later sometime, as soon as I get it from the guy who taped it. I was just weak as hell today, can't really make any excuses. I will get it on tape sometime, and I will hit it at Palmers meet. Its ok if you call me a ***** today, I deserve it, lol

9. Hey Nick, nice lifts

BTW, you should probably look for more competent spotters.

10. I had some guys that were supposed to be there but didn't show up, it sucks, they really were the worst lift offs I have ever had.

11. ya big poon

12. Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    ya big poon
    LOL... yup, pretty much

13. Nick,

What is your raw bench and shirted bench?

I'm curious just because if you're hitting over 600 raw I would imagine 800-900 was in reach geared up.

Keep up the impressive training.

14. if his big ass gets used to the shirt and finds his groove, he'll probably hit 1k+. lattimer hit 550 raw and hits 900+ shirted. then there's the gene miracle, 405 raw is a struggle, but hit 1k in a superduper shirt

15. which basically to me means he's a stronger bench than both of them, at 100lbs lighter.

JMO however.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    then there's the gene miracle, 405 raw is a struggle, but hit 1k in a superduper shirt
    Hope his recovery from Olympia is going well. I can't believe he went for 1015 or whatever it was. I don't mean to judge, but that seemed a bit of an absurd jump.

17. Here is the link to Gene's attempt:
    http://media.putfile.com/BenchPress25

18. most I have done raw is 665, and in a shirt is 805 gym lift. My technique isn't up to par but I am working on it

19. That raw bench is fantastic. How long have you been training with a shirt?

20. Quote Originally Posted by ivydude
    Hope his recovery from Olympia is going well. I can't believe he went for 1015 or whatever it was. I don't mean to judge, but that seemed a bit of an absurd jump.
    i train at a gym that's gene sometimes trains at, i was talking to the owner and he said his shirt slipped down on the attempt, he's completely recovered now.

21. I've trained about 3.5-4months in a shirt, well I have actually only used a shirt for about 2 of those months. I have competed in a shirt for about 6 months, I used to just throw it on and hope for the best, lol.

22. Chest/tris
    Floor presses-modified and paused (2 seconds)
    315x5
    405x5
    505x5
    605x2
    650x1

Thats all I had time for due to a meeting for my Jan term class. I did all of these paused, closer than comp grip, and raised (so I could touch my chest). I did these in order to help get ready for the Palmer classic meet. I am ready and looking very much forward to the meet. I was setup like I do for a comp bench (up on my traps) but no leg drive, I was very pleased with how explosive I was off of my chest.

23. Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    My dad thought I would make a good roofer, so I tried it and ended up turning my knee and sliding down my roof. Meniscus is all screwed up, looks like swiss cheese. I have to have knee surgery sometime, but I am a total ***** when it comes to needles, scalpels, or anything else used to penetrate my body, lol.
    Thats pretty funny that u screwed up the knee by slipping on a roof rather than squating 850lbs I hope you get better real soon man. If you get any time do u think u could pm me your schedule. I'm also a powerlifter and would be interested to see your split/ rep scheme/ exercises. Thanks, did you invest in cissus for post surgery?

24. Quote Originally Posted by TURUGBY
    Thats pretty funny that u screwed up the knee by slipping on a roof rather than squating 850lbs I hope you get better real soon man. If you get any time do u think u could pm me your schedule. I'm also a powerlifter and would be interested to see your split/ rep scheme/ exercises. Thanks, did you invest in cissus for post surgery?
    I haven't squatted that heavy since I ****ed up my knee. I have stuck to high rep stuff since. I have not really invested in much except for knee braces and compression sleeves. My workout schedule is in the first post, and my rep scheme is very low (usually no higher then 10 for most exercises, 5 or less on chest exercises and 20 reps for squats).

just re-read your post, knee was screwed up due to the shearing force caused by turning my knee and sliding down the roof, not something that happens during squats. I have very strong tendons, but apparently my weight twisting that fast was enough to tear my miscus up.

25. Yesterday all I got in were rack pulls, 10" high (higher than the bar) and worked my way up to 850 (up to 650 without a belt, I am paying for that today).

Today
    Delts
    Arnold's
    100'sx12x4sets

Side laterals (cable)
    90x10x4

front raises (cable)
    90x10x4

Tri's
    Rope press downs
    150x10
    200x10x4

Tate presses (finally found out the name of this exercise, lol)
    100'sx10x4

Felt a little weak today, I think its because I haven't eaten much (until just now) because of school being so hectic. I think workouts will be a little shorter the next couple weeks until finals are over with. Luckilly my raw debut will 3 days after finals are over so I will be getting plenty of rest before hand.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-20-2015, 01:42 PM
  2. Big Ups To My NP Crew
    By custom in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 06:06 PM
  3. Follow up to my R4W warning
    By MMALOVER in forum Get Diesel Nutrition
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 09:32 PM