Redemption: My workout log up to my next two comps

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. have they helped you progress since you started using them. been doing really well with just regular ol' free weights, but i'm always up for something that works better.

2. tattoopierced1

yeah they have helped some explosiveness...we actually just started using them about a month ago.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    fairly similar, bands are just better at building speed and they continue to add resistance all the way up, where chains stop adding resistance once they are completely off the floor.
    I have been doing the bands with boards and its been great!I really like
    the bands more and more!Hit a new PR Friday!Got 574lbs on bench Paused and locked out!Im Very Very happy with that!Keep it up Nick!You will blow up at your next meet!Thanks for your help Bro!

4. Quote Originally Posted by MrSkullCrusher
    I have been doing the bands with boards and its been great!I really like
    the bands more and more!Hit a new PR Friday!Got 574lbs on bench Paused and locked out!Im Very Very happy with that!Keep it up Nick!You will blow up at your next meet!Thanks for your help Bro!
    Thats incredible, you are doing great big guy. I can't wait to see how well you do at your next meet. Keep up the good work!!!

Beezle and tattoo, long ass chains would work similar but still wouldn't build speed like the bands do.

Back to my log

Back
    Low rows
    200x10
    400x10x3
    445x10x3

Wide Grip pull downs
    400x10x4

Bent over rows
    335x10x3

Triceps
    rope press downs
    150x10
    200x10x3
    245x8

Medial head presses (the ones I don't know the name of)
    100'sx10x4

Will do some light delts tomorrow after I get done with squats, not too heavy though, I don't want to **** up my workout at WSB on sunday

5. Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    Will do some light delts tomorrow after I get done with squats, not too heavy though, I don't want to **** up my workout at WSB on sunday
    You train at WSB on the weekends only-or during the week too? I would die to train at a gym with equipment like that.
    •   

6. I only train ar WSB on sundays, when George and the morning crew do their ME bench.

Todays Workout

Squats
    500x23

Stiff legged DL
    315x10x3

Puke and rally

Delts
    Arnold presses
    100'sx10x4

Side laterals (cable)
    90x10x3

front raises (also cable)
    90x10x3

7. Chest/tri's (kinda, lol)
    4board press with green bands
    135x3
    225x3
    315x1
    405x1
    455x1
    495x1
    520x1
    535x1

This was a really good workout for me, for was great and I went 15lbs heavier (I think, too lazy to look) than last time while using heavier bands. George was very happy/impressed with the progress I am making.

8. OK, no workout today but I did get my new Radical cut Dbl Denim from Inzer today . I will definately be trying it out tomorrow after I go for 660 (and if I hit that 675), then I will try 800 paused for a couple reps with my new shirt.

I have also added (on friday) my pheraplex on this supplement cycle and am feeling great and very strong!!!

9. Oh boy you are going to love pp esp with the strength gains. And yes the strength stays.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Apowerz6
    Oh boy you are going to love pp esp with the strength gains. And yes the strength stays.
    Yeah, I can't wait till it really starts kicking in. The PP + XCEED should get me more than ready for my upcoming comps!!! Getting sponsored by DS has been very beneficial for me, and their supps have been a big part of my accomplishments so far.
    Last edited by NickW; 11-21-2005 at 08:17 PM.

11. Chest (raw and abbreviated due to lack of spotters...bastards closed school gym early and I had to go to rec center)

Bench
    315x5
    405x5
    510x5
    615x3
    665x1 - easy, wanted 675 but spotters left

Thats all I got to do tonight. The bar supporting the incline broke when I tried to bring 405 to my chest. Its a small gym with very little equipment (only 800lbs of plates) and only a handful of people who lift there. I was happy with the 665 but wanted more, every time I hit a PR I get greedy for more. I will do inclines and tri's tomorrow when I am lifting at the HS, then I will do the workout I have planned for tomorrow also.

12. Chest......continued
    Incline
    315x5
    405x5
    500x3
    535x3
    575x1

Triceps
    Medial head presses(the one I don't know the name of,lol)
    100'sx10x4

rope press downs
    200x10x4

I only got a chance to finish yesterdays workout today due to the weight room closing early (for break). Didn't go as heavy as I would have liked today either, I think I had a 600lb incline in me but I was being spotted by highschool kids and didn't want to chance it. I guess back and delts will wait for friday and legs on sunday after I try for 675 on bench.

13. you should try your shoulder work(front raises, laterals, pull aparts) with bands, i started it and fell in love

14. Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    you should try your shoulder work(front raises, laterals, pull aparts) with bands, i started it and fell in love
    I would if I had bands of my own, instead I just use the ones at WSB. I will be getting a pair of purples and blues here soon (as soon as I can afford it).

15. yea i bucked up and bought a pair after some harrasement from a guy on another board, probably the best investment i've made. if i'm allowed to post the webiste from where i got them i will, i got them pretty cheap

16. Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    yea i bucked up and bought a pair after some harrasement from a guy on another board, probably the best investment i've made. if i'm allowed to post the webiste from where i got them i will, i got them pretty cheap
    I can get them from Louie pretty cheap, I am just still paying for other equipment I bought from him, lol.

17. haha, that's great. you should go over to ironaddicts.com some great plers over there, i'm sure you know a couple of them.

18. Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    haha, that's great. you should go over to ironaddicts.com some great plers over there, i'm sure you know a couple of them.
    I will check it out, thanks for pointing it out to me

19. no problem, this board is good and all, but not a lot of powerlifters, check out the training section when you go, exmgq is pretty stout for an old guy

20. Back
    Rack pulls 6" off ground
    405x5
    500x5
    630x3
    720x2
    765x1

High row hammer machine
    410x10x4

Low row hammer machine
    410x10x4

Delts
    Arnolds
    100'sx10x4

Upright row
    225x10x3

Today was a pretty light workout (the rack pulls still took a lot out of me though, I thought they would be easier than they were), want to save my strength for benching heavy (so I can get it on vid) this sunday. Nothing spectacular, still tired though but that is prolly from a lack of sleep.
  21. tattoopierced1

that was a light workout? man I wish I could do a light workout then....

22. Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1
    that was a light workout? man I wish I could do a light workout then....

Light except for the rack pulls. The hammer strength equipment makes things much easier.

23. Chest
    Bench
    315x5
    405x5
    505x3
    615x2
    665-miss
    665-miss
    665-miss

I had a ****ty workout, kinda felt like a ***** today,lol. I got 615 for a double, but couldn't get 665 today. My handoffs were ****ty (135lb guys who were asked last second, not their fault at all) and I had just lifted heavy on tuesday, I just didn't have it in me today. I will take the week off from benching (I will try to anyways) and try again next week. I will be putting a vid up later sometime, as soon as I get it from the guy who taped it. I was just weak as hell today, can't really make any excuses. I will get it on tape sometime, and I will hit it at Palmers meet. Its ok if you call me a ***** today, I deserve it, lol

24. Hey Nick, nice lifts

BTW, you should probably look for more competent spotters.

25. I had some guys that were supposed to be there but didn't show up, it sucks, they really were the worst lift offs I have ever had.

26. ya big poon

27. Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    ya big poon
    LOL... yup, pretty much

28. Nick,

What is your raw bench and shirted bench?

I'm curious just because if you're hitting over 600 raw I would imagine 800-900 was in reach geared up.

Keep up the impressive training.

29. if his big ass gets used to the shirt and finds his groove, he'll probably hit 1k+. lattimer hit 550 raw and hits 900+ shirted. then there's the gene miracle, 405 raw is a struggle, but hit 1k in a superduper shirt

30. which basically to me means he's a stronger bench than both of them, at 100lbs lighter.

JMO however.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. My first log thanks to AI Sports Nutrition "Stoked"!!
    By mnowak1228 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 05:40 PM
  2. Big Ups To My NP Crew
    By custom in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 06:06 PM
  3. Follow up to my R4W warning
    By MMALOVER in forum Get Diesel Nutrition
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 09:32 PM
  4. Replies: 12