Redemption: My workout log up to my next two comps

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by ivydude
    Thanks for the quick response! I use the same scheme except for switching back to medium grip...maybe that's the key to my 600 raw bench!
    I think it helps, but the first time I hit 600 raw all I did was high weight and low reps. I actually haven't been doing too much DE work in the last couple weeks and have been making my progress off just lifting heavy. The bands defiantely will help, just don't forget to do your raw lifting heavy and eat a ton afterwards. The biggest key lately has probly been my all the tricep work I have been doing.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    I think it helps, but the first time I hit 600 raw all I did was high weight and low reps. I actually haven't been doing too much DE work in the last couple weeks and have been making my progress off just lifting heavy. The bands defiantely will help, just don't forget to do your raw lifting heavy and eat a ton afterwards. The biggest key lately has probly been my all the tricep work I have been doing.
    Agreed about the tricep work influencing the bench. My bench always goes up after my weighted dips go up. Heavy JM presses also seem to really help my bench. My experience with westside has always been that when one of the primary lifts is lagging or at plateau, the supplemental work is the key to breaking through. I'd be confident your extra tricep work is going to be the difference in boosting the bench.

    Heavy BB rows for low reps also seem to help my bench-especially with barbell placement on my chest.
    •   
       


  3. nick, what kinda bands, jump-stretch?

  4. Yep Beelze

  5. thinking about investing in some of em. might take a while to get used to, adjusting poundages and stuff.
    •   
       


  6. It takes a while to get used to balancing the bar with those ****ers on it, lol. The first time I ever used them it looked like I had parkinsons or something.

    No workout tonight, ate something bad at the union and feel sick to my stomach.
  7. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    we use chains at our gym...i assume bands do the same thing? what is the difference/benefit to using bands over chains if any?

  8. fairly similar, bands are just better at building speed and they continue to add resistance all the way up, where chains stop adding resistance once they are completely off the floor.

  9. unless you had some long ass chains, no?
  10. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    they are very long chains.... we have a few ranging from 30-60lbs each

  11. have they helped you progress since you started using them. been doing really well with just regular ol' free weights, but i'm always up for something that works better.
  12. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    yeah they have helped some explosiveness...we actually just started using them about a month ago.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    fairly similar, bands are just better at building speed and they continue to add resistance all the way up, where chains stop adding resistance once they are completely off the floor.
    I have been doing the bands with boards and its been great!I really like
    the bands more and more!Hit a new PR Friday!Got 574lbs on bench Paused and locked out!Im Very Very happy with that!Keep it up Nick!You will blow up at your next meet!Thanks for your help Bro!

  14. Quote Originally Posted by MrSkullCrusher
    I have been doing the bands with boards and its been great!I really like
    the bands more and more!Hit a new PR Friday!Got 574lbs on bench Paused and locked out!Im Very Very happy with that!Keep it up Nick!You will blow up at your next meet!Thanks for your help Bro!
    Thats incredible, you are doing great big guy. I can't wait to see how well you do at your next meet. Keep up the good work!!!

    Beezle and tattoo, long ass chains would work similar but still wouldn't build speed like the bands do.

    Back to my log

    Back
    Low rows
    200x10
    400x10x3
    445x10x3

    Wide Grip pull downs
    400x10x4

    Bent over rows
    335x10x3

    Triceps
    rope press downs
    150x10
    200x10x3
    245x8

    Medial head presses (the ones I don't know the name of)
    100'sx10x4


    Will do some light delts tomorrow after I get done with squats, not too heavy though, I don't want to **** up my workout at WSB on sunday

  15. Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    Will do some light delts tomorrow after I get done with squats, not too heavy though, I don't want to **** up my workout at WSB on sunday
    You train at WSB on the weekends only-or during the week too? I would die to train at a gym with equipment like that.

  16. I only train ar WSB on sundays, when George and the morning crew do their ME bench.

    Todays Workout

    Squats
    500x23

    Stiff legged DL
    315x10x3

    Puke and rally

    Delts
    Arnold presses
    100'sx10x4

    Side laterals (cable)
    90x10x3

    front raises (also cable)
    90x10x3

  17. Chest/tri's (kinda, lol)
    4board press with green bands
    135x3
    225x3
    315x1
    405x1
    455x1
    495x1
    520x1
    535x1

    This was a really good workout for me, for was great and I went 15lbs heavier (I think, too lazy to look) than last time while using heavier bands. George was very happy/impressed with the progress I am making.

  18. OK, no workout today but I did get my new Radical cut Dbl Denim from Inzer today . I will definately be trying it out tomorrow after I go for 660 (and if I hit that 675), then I will try 800 paused for a couple reps with my new shirt.

    I have also added (on friday) my pheraplex on this supplement cycle and am feeling great and very strong!!!

  19. Oh boy you are going to love pp esp with the strength gains. And yes the strength stays.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Apowerz6
    Oh boy you are going to love pp esp with the strength gains. And yes the strength stays.
    Yeah, I can't wait till it really starts kicking in. The PP + XCEED should get me more than ready for my upcoming comps!!! Getting sponsored by DS has been very beneficial for me, and their supps have been a big part of my accomplishments so far.
    Last edited by NickW; 11-21-2005 at 07:17 PM.

  21. Chest (raw and abbreviated due to lack of spotters...bastards closed school gym early and I had to go to rec center)

    Bench
    315x5
    405x5
    510x5
    615x3
    665x1 - easy, wanted 675 but spotters left

    Thats all I got to do tonight. The bar supporting the incline broke when I tried to bring 405 to my chest. Its a small gym with very little equipment (only 800lbs of plates) and only a handful of people who lift there. I was happy with the 665 but wanted more, every time I hit a PR I get greedy for more. I will do inclines and tri's tomorrow when I am lifting at the HS, then I will do the workout I have planned for tomorrow also.

  22. Chest......continued
    Incline
    315x5
    405x5
    500x3
    535x3
    575x1

    Triceps
    Medial head presses(the one I don't know the name of,lol)
    100'sx10x4

    rope press downs
    200x10x4

    I only got a chance to finish yesterdays workout today due to the weight room closing early (for break). Didn't go as heavy as I would have liked today either, I think I had a 600lb incline in me but I was being spotted by highschool kids and didn't want to chance it. I guess back and delts will wait for friday and legs on sunday after I try for 675 on bench.

  23. you should try your shoulder work(front raises, laterals, pull aparts) with bands, i started it and fell in love

  24. Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    you should try your shoulder work(front raises, laterals, pull aparts) with bands, i started it and fell in love
    I would if I had bands of my own, instead I just use the ones at WSB. I will be getting a pair of purples and blues here soon (as soon as I can afford it).

  25. yea i bucked up and bought a pair after some harrasement from a guy on another board, probably the best investment i've made. if i'm allowed to post the webiste from where i got them i will, i got them pretty cheap
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-20-2015, 12:42 PM
  2. Big Ups To My NP Crew
    By custom in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 05:06 PM
  3. Follow up to my R4W warning
    By MMALOVER in forum Get Diesel Nutrition
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 08:32 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-30-2006, 02:49 AM
  5. Follow up to my M1T sickness
    By t_diddy2222 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 11:30 AM
Log in
Log in