Redemption: My workout log up to my next two comps - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Redemption: My workout log up to my next two comps

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    Answers

UMMM

Is there really anything else I can say?!

2. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Answers

Bench (all raw again, not enough people to spot me)
    315x5
    405x5
    515x5
    610x1
    635x1
    655x1
    660x miss, liftoff guy dropped left side before letting go of right, still got it over halfway up

Incline bench
    405x5
    505x5
    525x2
    540x2

I didn't do triceps today, not enough time due to having to write a paper for European History. I got 655 easy as hell today, thought 660 would be easy also but got it dropped on me (well one side) and was too far out of groove to get it back to where it needed to be. Everything seemed pretty easy today, definately getting stronger. I hope to be doing 700 raw before the Arnold, if I achieve this goal I will be demonstrating it at the Designer Supplements booth. I will be demonstrating my raw strength anyways, but I would be happier if I achieve my goal first.

3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

keep rubbing it in, eh?

•   

4. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Answers

Beelze, don't worry about my strength on bench, you could kick my ass in raw DL anytime (I have ****ty grip strength and thick hands) I have to use straps to go heavy.

5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

hell, after 5 plates, i'm using straps too bro. i still consider in raw though. it ain't helping me pull the weight up, just helps me hold on for dear life.

6. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    hell, after 5 plates, i'm using straps too bro. i still consider in raw though. it ain't helping me pull the weight up, just helps me hold on for dear life.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. They don't help lift but without them I would only be doing 5 plates and for only a couple reps.

7. Board Supporter
    Answers

Hey Nick-

Your raw bench is unbelievable. I was wondering what type of weight you use on dynamic bench day, if you use different grips during your sets on dynamic bench, and what type of rep/set scheme you use (i.e. 8 sets, 3 reps, 35 s. between, etc.).

I always felt people put too much weight on with dynamic bench and that it should be around 40-45% (or even less) of your 1 RM. Your insight is much appreciated.

8. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ivydude
    Hey Nick-

Your raw bench is unbelievable. I was wondering what type of weight you use on dynamic bench day, if you use different grips during your sets on dynamic bench, and what type of rep/set scheme you use (i.e. 8 sets, 3 reps, 35 s. between, etc.).

I always felt people put too much weight on with dynamic bench and that it should be around 40-45% (or even less) of your 1 RM. Your insight is much appreciated.
    On DE day I go with 275 + purple bands. I do 8 sets of three reps, alternating grip every three sets. I use medium grip (pinkies on rings), close grip (about 2" closer in on each side), and then switch back to medium grip. I used to go wide on my last set but now I am focusing much more on my tricep strength througout the press.

9. Board Supporter
    Answers

**** dude you are definately gifted

10. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    On DE day I go with 275 + purple bands. I do 8 sets of three reps, alternating grip every three sets. I use medium grip (pinkies on rings), close grip (about 2" closer in on each side), and then switch back to medium grip. I used to go wide on my last set but now I am focusing much more on my tricep strength througout the press.
    Thanks for the quick response! I use the same scheme except for switching back to medium grip...maybe that's the key to my 600 raw bench!

11. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ivydude
    Thanks for the quick response! I use the same scheme except for switching back to medium grip...maybe that's the key to my 600 raw bench!
    I think it helps, but the first time I hit 600 raw all I did was high weight and low reps. I actually haven't been doing too much DE work in the last couple weeks and have been making my progress off just lifting heavy. The bands defiantely will help, just don't forget to do your raw lifting heavy and eat a ton afterwards. The biggest key lately has probly been my all the tricep work I have been doing.

12. Board Supporter
    Answers

I think it helps, but the first time I hit 600 raw all I did was high weight and low reps. I actually haven't been doing too much DE work in the last couple weeks and have been making my progress off just lifting heavy. The bands defiantely will help, just don't forget to do your raw lifting heavy and eat a ton afterwards. The biggest key lately has probly been my all the tricep work I have been doing.
    Agreed about the tricep work influencing the bench. My bench always goes up after my weighted dips go up. Heavy JM presses also seem to really help my bench. My experience with westside has always been that when one of the primary lifts is lagging or at plateau, the supplemental work is the key to breaking through. I'd be confident your extra tricep work is going to be the difference in boosting the bench.

Heavy BB rows for low reps also seem to help my bench-especially with barbell placement on my chest.

13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

nick, what kinda bands, jump-stretch?

14. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Answers

Yep Beelze

15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

thinking about investing in some of em. might take a while to get used to, adjusting poundages and stuff.

16. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Answers

It takes a while to get used to balancing the bar with those ****ers on it, lol. The first time I ever used them it looked like I had parkinsons or something.

No workout tonight, ate something bad at the union and feel sick to my stomach.

17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Answers

we use chains at our gym...i assume bands do the same thing? what is the difference/benefit to using bands over chains if any?
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/

18. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Answers

fairly similar, bands are just better at building speed and they continue to add resistance all the way up, where chains stop adding resistance once they are completely off the floor.

19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

unless you had some long ass chains, no?

20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Answers

they are very long chains.... we have a few ranging from 30-60lbs each

21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

have they helped you progress since you started using them. been doing really well with just regular ol' free weights, but i'm always up for something that works better.

22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Answers

yeah they have helped some explosiveness...we actually just started using them about a month ago.

23. New Member
    Answers

fairly similar, bands are just better at building speed and they continue to add resistance all the way up, where chains stop adding resistance once they are completely off the floor.
    I have been doing the bands with boards and its been great!I really like
    the bands more and more!Hit a new PR Friday!Got 574lbs on bench Paused and locked out!Im Very Very happy with that!Keep it up Nick!You will blow up at your next meet!Thanks for your help Bro!

24. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrSkullCrusher
    I have been doing the bands with boards and its been great!I really like
    the bands more and more!Hit a new PR Friday!Got 574lbs on bench Paused and locked out!Im Very Very happy with that!Keep it up Nick!You will blow up at your next meet!Thanks for your help Bro!
    Thats incredible, you are doing great big guy. I can't wait to see how well you do at your next meet. Keep up the good work!!!

Beezle and tattoo, long ass chains would work similar but still wouldn't build speed like the bands do.

Back to my log

Back
    Low rows
    200x10
    400x10x3
    445x10x3

Wide Grip pull downs
    400x10x4

Bent over rows
    335x10x3

Triceps
    rope press downs
    150x10
    200x10x3
    245x8

Medial head presses (the ones I don't know the name of)
    100'sx10x4

Will do some light delts tomorrow after I get done with squats, not too heavy though, I don't want to **** up my workout at WSB on sunday

25. Board Supporter
    Answers

Will do some light delts tomorrow after I get done with squats, not too heavy though, I don't want to **** up my workout at WSB on sunday
    You train at WSB on the weekends only-or during the week too? I would die to train at a gym with equipment like that.

26. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Answers

I only train ar WSB on sundays, when George and the morning crew do their ME bench.

Todays Workout

Squats
    500x23

Stiff legged DL
    315x10x3

Puke and rally

Delts
    Arnold presses
    100'sx10x4

Side laterals (cable)
    90x10x3

front raises (also cable)
    90x10x3

27. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Answers

Chest/tri's (kinda, lol)
    4board press with green bands
    135x3
    225x3
    315x1
    405x1
    455x1
    495x1
    520x1
    535x1

This was a really good workout for me, for was great and I went 15lbs heavier (I think, too lazy to look) than last time while using heavier bands. George was very happy/impressed with the progress I am making.

28. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Answers

OK, no workout today but I did get my new Radical cut Dbl Denim from Inzer today . I will definately be trying it out tomorrow after I go for 660 (and if I hit that 675), then I will try 800 paused for a couple reps with my new shirt.

I have also added (on friday) my pheraplex on this supplement cycle and am feeling great and very strong!!!

29. Board Sponsor
    Answers

Oh boy you are going to love pp esp with the strength gains. And yes the strength stays.

30. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Apowerz6
    Oh boy you are going to love pp esp with the strength gains. And yes the strength stays.
    Yeah, I can't wait till it really starts kicking in. The PP + XCEED should get me more than ready for my upcoming comps!!! Getting sponsored by DS has been very beneficial for me, and their supps have been a big part of my accomplishments so far.
    Last edited by NickW; 11-21-2005 at 06:17 PM.

31. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Answers

Chest (raw and abbreviated due to lack of spotters...bastards closed school gym early and I had to go to rec center)

Bench
    315x5
    405x5
    510x5
    615x3
    665x1 - easy, wanted 675 but spotters left

Thats all I got to do tonight. The bar supporting the incline broke when I tried to bring 405 to my chest. Its a small gym with very little equipment (only 800lbs of plates) and only a handful of people who lift there. I was happy with the 665 but wanted more, every time I hit a PR I get greedy for more. I will do inclines and tri's tomorrow when I am lifting at the HS, then I will do the workout I have planned for tomorrow also.

32. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Answers

Chest......continued
    Incline
    315x5
    405x5
    500x3
    535x3
    575x1

Triceps
    Medial head presses(the one I don't know the name of,lol)
    100'sx10x4

rope press downs
    200x10x4

I only got a chance to finish yesterdays workout today due to the weight room closing early (for break). Didn't go as heavy as I would have liked today either, I think I had a 600lb incline in me but I was being spotted by highschool kids and didn't want to chance it. I guess back and delts will wait for friday and legs on sunday after I try for 675 on bench.

33. Board Supporter
    Answers

you should try your shoulder work(front raises, laterals, pull aparts) with bands, i started it and fell in love

34. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guyfromkop2
    you should try your shoulder work(front raises, laterals, pull aparts) with bands, i started it and fell in love
    I would if I had bands of my own, instead I just use the ones at WSB. I will be getting a pair of purples and blues here soon (as soon as I can afford it).

35. Board Supporter
    Answers

yea i bucked up and bought a pair after some harrasement from a guy on another board, probably the best investment i've made. if i'm allowed to post the webiste from where i got them i will, i got them pretty cheap

36. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Answers

yea i bucked up and bought a pair after some harrasement from a guy on another board, probably the best investment i've made. if i'm allowed to post the webiste from where i got them i will, i got them pretty cheap
    I can get them from Louie pretty cheap, I am just still paying for other equipment I bought from him, lol.

37. Board Supporter
    Answers

haha, that's great. you should go over to ironaddicts.com some great plers over there, i'm sure you know a couple of them.

38. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Answers

haha, that's great. you should go over to ironaddicts.com some great plers over there, i'm sure you know a couple of them.
    I will check it out, thanks for pointing it out to me

39. Board Supporter
    Answers

no problem, this board is good and all, but not a lot of powerlifters, check out the training section when you go, exmgq is pretty stout for an old guy

40. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Answers

Back
    Rack pulls 6" off ground
    405x5
    500x5
    630x3
    720x2
    765x1

High row hammer machine
    410x10x4

Low row hammer machine
    410x10x4

Delts
    Arnolds
    100'sx10x4

Upright row
    225x10x3

Today was a pretty light workout (the rack pulls still took a lot out of me though, I thought they would be easier than they were), want to save my strength for benching heavy (so I can get it on vid) this sunday. Nothing spectacular, still tired though but that is prolly from a lack of sleep.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. My first log thanks to AI Sports Nutrition "Stoked"!!
    By mnowak1228 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 03:40 PM
  2. Big Ups To My NP Crew
    By custom in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 04:06 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-30-2006, 01:49 AM
  4. Follow up to my M1T sickness
    By t_diddy2222 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2