Any Olympic Lifters?

Ibanez

Awards
We got any olympic lifters in here? For fun or competition?

I'm going to get in touch with a coach and learn the lifts and maybe hopefully do some competitions. I wish I was introduced to the lifts earlier instead of later.

Figured I might get a better response in this forum than exercise science.

CrimsonOsiris

Board Supporter
Awards
i love olympic lifting. highly functional for my sport (most sports really). i just have trouble with snatches because of shoulder issues. i was possibly going to compete in the empire state games, but instead i transfered to a different university and am now a D-IA track athlete. i may compete someday anyways once my track career is over, or once i am done with schooling. really, whenever i finally have time to devote to olympic lifting.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
ryansm is an olympic lifter. maybe he'll chime in. :)

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yup I compete, and I also train with some elite Oly lifters. I love it, much different than pwerlifting and a whole lot more difficult. I will be posting my routine in my Methoxy-Trn log if you want to get an idea of how a workout goes.

Ibanez

Awards
Yup I compete, and I also train with some elite Oly lifters. I love it, much different than pwerlifting and a whole lot more difficult. I will be posting my routine in my Methoxy-Trn log if you want to get an idea of how a workout goes.
Nice, who are the elites you train with?

I'm trying to get into contact with Leo Totten east coast gold guy, I guess he isn't home right now. But I've been talking with some guys who are trying to find someone to teach me the correct technique of the lifts. So, yeah, I'll have to see what happens.

What weight class are you and what are you lifting?