Nick W going for 800+lbs this weekend!!Good LUCK!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.88%

Thumbs up Nick W going for 800+lbs this weekend!!Good LUCK!

Hey Nick Tear em up this weekend in Chicago!!

Its still on right?Good Luck to you Big Guy!Hope you hit all your lifts bro!

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.36%

Go get'm you big bastard!
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Excellent! Go to it!!!
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.71%

Good luck, Nick Git R Done
  5. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

Quote Originally Posted by MrSkullCrusher
    Hey Nick Tear em up this weekend in Chicago!!

Its still on right?Good Luck to you Big Guy!Hope you hit all your lifts bro!
    Its still on, I think.....It depends on whether Kieran Kidders house makes it through the hurricane, lol.

Thanks a lot for all of your support, I will do everything I can to make you guys proud.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

good luck lil' fella
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.77%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Killer, good luck big man!

8. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    good luck lil' fella
    lol, thanks. I have a nasty cold so I will be spending the next 1.5 days and sleeping to maintain my strength. I am not really worried about this affecting my strength too much though, I worked up to my opener on tues (when it was at its worst) and 755 still flew off my chest. I will let all you guys know how I did as soon as I get back home.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.22%

Godspeed Nick!
  10. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.18%

Grrrrrrrrr!!!

Go get'em tiger!!!
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  11. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.41%

Good Luck Bro
  12. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.53%

good luck man .. that's a sick lift!

once you get it i might just let you hang around with me
  13. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    good luck man .. that's a sick lift!

once you get it i might just let you hang around with me
    Thanks Glen, that is incredibly kind of you!!!
  14. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.32%

Holy crap,

When I read the opening I was thinking 800 lb squat, and thats pretty good. Then I found out it was bench. Good luck man
  15. Black Star Labs
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.14%

good luck Nick, you're a bench pressing freak show.

I talked to Ed the other day and he will be there so I told him to be on the lookout for you and to meet up.
  16. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer
    good luck Nick, you're a bench pressing freak show.

I talked to Ed the other day and he will be there so I told him to be on the lookout for you and to meet up.
    Thanks a lot, it will be an honor to get to meet Ed. I hope you can make it and maybe hangout with me and the rest of the big boys after the comp. It was great getting to meet you in Vegas.
  17. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.83%

Ed? Ed Coan? That is a true Beast, i met him at the jr nationals he damn near crushed my hand with a hand shake. Quads his gym is right down the street. But anyway what time is are you lifting big Nick Dubya?
  18. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.18%

Nick...

Best of Luck bro! We're all rootin' for ya!

Kick some ass!

O14
  19. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

I bombed out. I have been dealing with a bad cold, or so I thought, for the last week. It turned out to be a severe sinus infection. I missed my first lift, figured it was just nerves. Missed my second lift and my nose was bleeding pretty bad. Missed my third lift and my nose and ears were bleeding. Needless to say I went to a doctors office very shortly after the meet. He advised me to take at least two weeks off from lifting, and because of how ****ty I did and how ****ty I felt/feel, I thinking I will listen to him.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.66%

Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    I bombed out. I have been dealing with a bad cold, or so I thought, for the last week. It turned out to be a severe sinus infection. I missed my first lift, figured it was just nerves. Missed my second lift and my nose was bleeding pretty bad. Missed my third lift and my nose and ears were bleeding. Needless to say I went to a doctors office very shortly after the meet. He advised me to take at least two weeks off from lifting, and because of how ****ty I did and how ****ty I felt/feel, I thinking I will listen to him.
    ****...glad to hear you're okay, bro.

Ears bleeding = ouch.
  21. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

Yeah, it wasn't good, still isn't. I do have to admit that as much as being sick hurt me, my nerves didn't help. I do feel like an ass for bombing out on my first outing as a pro. I get little comfort from the fact that everyone except for Kennelly bombed out also.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.6%

If bleeding from the ears isn't a valid excuse on why you missed your lifts, I don't know what is.
  23. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

I am currently looking for a meet to redeem myself. I found one in Ohio (Freemont) on Dec. 10th that looks promising. I am just so pissed that I missed my chance to go to the Arnold.
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.44%

You QUALIFIED and you showed up...thats a whole lot more than most people will ever be able to say. Good job either way man, you will bounce back.
  25. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

Quote Originally Posted by BiggerNstronger
    You QUALIFIED and you showed up...thats a whole lot more than most people will ever be able to say. Good job either way man, you will bounce back.
    Yes I did, but next year I will show that I deserve to be there. No matter what the reason, when you bomb out it ****s with you mentally. Especially when you are starting with a weight that you have done plenty of times and have even done doubles and triples with.
  26. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.85%

sorry to hear about that big fella hop you feel better and wish you a big comback. im sure with some determination you can com e back easily and CRUSH the competition.
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.88%

Yes I did, but next year I will show that I deserve to be there. No matter what the reason, when you bomb out it ****s with you mentally. Especially when you are starting with a weight that you have done plenty of times and have even done doubles and triples with.
    Maybe you should of sniffed some Chalk Like that one dude did on his deadlifts!!
    Just joking of course it was ammonia!

Sorry to hear you didnt hit your lifts bro!I agree that You should hit another meet right away while you are pissed !!!That way you get your mind Straight!You will show em you DESERVE to be ther next time Bro!! Wish i could of been there to HYPE YOU UP MAN!
  28. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

Quote Originally Posted by MrSkullCrusher
    Maybe you should of sniffed some Chalk Like that one dude did on his deadlifts!!
    Just joking of course it was ammonia!

Sorry to hear you didnt hit your lifts bro!I agree that You should hit another meet right away while you are pissed !!!That way you get your mind Straight!You will show em you DESERVE to be ther next time Bro!! Wish i could of been there to HYPE YOU UP MAN!
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. I will definately hit up a meet as soon as I am healthy again. I gotta hit my 800 before christmas (little gift to myself, lol).
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.77%

I have been there many times myself, you know what you have to do to get back on track. I have complete faith you will.
    Last edited by ryansm; 10-30-2005 at 11:33 PM.

30. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.44%

No doubt the mental aspect of powerlifting is VERY important...most would say its just as crucial as the actual lifting/training. Sure it stinks to "bomb" as YOU said but in the long run you have to think about the fact even in bombing at the meet you did something that 99% of the population will NEVER be able to ever try. You KNOW you got the lift in you, now you have to show everyone else. Its not a matter of IF, but when.
  31. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

Just got back from the docs office, I have a major perferation of the ear drum. It looks like this ****ty hearing I though was just due to congestion is her to stay.
  32. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.88%

Oh man Bro that really SUCKS!Sorry to hear that man!
  33. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.83%

Hey Nick I pm'ed ya I am sooo sorry i could not make the meet. But understand this, if you have a perforated ear drum i am quite sure that would mess up your equalibrium, so, being that and having serious sinus infection the fact that you showed up says how much of a damn warrior u are!!! What is important now is your recovery. You know what you are capable of, and in due time you will show the world what you are made of...
  34. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

ApowerZ6, I am sorry, I didn't see your PM until after I got back from the meet. I had to leave the day before to weigh in for the meet. Trust me, you didn't miss anything. I am incredibly embarassed by how I performed, sick or not.
  35. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.5%

Hey Nick, it was great getting the chance to meet you!!! I was the part asian chick helping out Bobby Fields and hanging out with Lattimer and Barbaccio (the big handoff guy). Don't be so down on yourself. You showed up to the meet and lifted under hard circumstances. You did what a true powerlifter does and didn't give up. Just want you to know, Bobby bombed 3 years ago in almost the same location when Bench America was popular. It really messed with his mind since then and now he came back to redeem himself. You will definitely do the same but much earlier!!! Take care of your ear, get well soon, get back under that F***ing bar and crush the weights!!! Bobby and I both agree, you are a phenominal lifter and a really great guy...you will be at the top real soon!
  36. DO WORK!
    Stats
    6'0"  360 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.07%

Quote Originally Posted by itgds69
    Hey Nick, it was great getting the chance to meet you!!! I was the part asian chick helping out Bobby Fields and hanging out with Lattimer and Barbaccio (the big handoff guy). Don't be so down on yourself. You showed up to the meet and lifted under hard circumstances. You did what a true powerlifter does and didn't give up. Just want you to know, Bobby bombed 3 years ago in almost the same location when Bench America was popular. It really messed with his mind since then and now he came back to redeem himself. You will definitely do the same but much earlier!!! Take care of your ear, get well soon, get back under that F***ing bar and crush the weights!!! Bobby and I both agree, you are a phenominal lifter and a really great guy...you will be at the top real soon!
    Thanks a lot for the kind words, it means a lot to me. It was really great getting to meet you guys also. Bobby is incredibly friendly and a very classy lifter.
    The great thing about powerlifting is that everybody (for the most part) is very friendly and supportive. Barbaccio is a frigg'n monster, that guy is huge
  37. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.32%

I hear ya man

Freshman year I was at this statewide football convention powerlifting and what not meet. Long story short, bombed out on squats.
  38. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.18%

Hey!
    Keep your chin up son. There will be another one. We got your back. Just heal and then give'em hell.
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  39. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.53%

Nick you have nothing to be embarrassed by man, you were bleeding from your ****ing ears for christ's sake!

you've got plenty to be proud of and tons to look forward to especially given how young you are

i'm sure you're going to accomplish amazing things in this sport so put past troubles behind you and look towards the future because its certainly a bright one

congrats on all you've accomplished thus far and all i'm sure you will accomplish in the future!
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.53%

like glen said, you have absolutely nothing to be embarassed about big man. just being sick will take it out of you. i would imagine bleeding from damn near every orafice(sp?) you have would put a damper on things as well.

bottomline: you know you have it in you, you know you're destined to break records. rest, get well, and get your ass back in the gym where you belong. that 800lb bench is waiting for ya.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2013, 04:10 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2012, 08:41 PM
  3. Going for blood test this week after 1 month on Testim
    By lexmuscle in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 02:18 AM
  4. Who is going to the florida alabama game this weekend?
    By Caferacer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 08:52 AM
  5. going for flat bench PR on Monday
    By Bean in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 09:22 PM