Nick W going for 800+lbs this weekend!!Good LUCK!

MrSkullCrusher

Awards
Hey Nick Tear em up this weekend in Chicago!!
:box:

Its still on right?Good Luck to you Big Guy!Hope you hit all your lifts bro! :thumbsup:

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
Hey Nick Tear em up this weekend in Chicago!!
:box:

Its still on right?Good Luck to you Big Guy!Hope you hit all your lifts bro! :thumbsup:
Its still on, I think.....It depends on whether Kieran Kidders house makes it through the hurricane, lol.

Thanks a lot for all of your support, I will do everything I can to make you guys proud.

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
good luck lil' fella :)
lol, thanks. I have a nasty cold so I will be spending the next 1.5 days :food: and sleeping to maintain my strength. I am not really worried about this affecting my strength too much though, I worked up to my opener on tues (when it was at its worst) and 755 still flew off my chest. I will let all you guys know how I did as soon as I get back home.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Grrrrrrrrr!!!

Go get'em tiger!!!

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
good luck man .. that's a sick lift!

once you get it i might just let you hang around with me ;)

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Holy crap,

When I read the opening I was thinking 800 lb squat, and thats pretty good. Then I found out it was bench. Good luck man :thumbsup:

Customizer

Black Star Labs
Awards
good luck Nick, you're a bench pressing freak show.

I talked to Ed the other day and he will be there so I told him to be on the lookout for you and to meet up.

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
good luck Nick, you're a bench pressing freak show.

I talked to Ed the other day and he will be there so I told him to be on the lookout for you and to meet up.
Thanks a lot, it will be an honor to get to meet Ed. I hope you can make it and maybe hangout with me and the rest of the big boys after the comp. It was great getting to meet you in Vegas.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ed? Ed Coan? That is a true Beast, i met him at the jr nationals he damn near crushed my hand with a hand shake. Quads his gym is right down the street. But anyway what time is are you lifting big Nick Dubya?

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
Nick...

Best of Luck bro! We're all rootin' for ya!

Kick some ass!

O14

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
I bombed out. I have been dealing with a bad cold, or so I thought, for the last week. It turned out to be a severe sinus infection. I missed my first lift, figured it was just nerves. Missed my second lift and my nose was bleeding pretty bad. Missed my third lift and my nose and ears were bleeding. Needless to say I went to a doctors office very shortly after the meet. He advised me to take at least two weeks off from lifting, and because of how shitty I did and how shitty I felt/feel, I thinking I will listen to him.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I bombed out. I have been dealing with a bad cold, or so I thought, for the last week. It turned out to be a severe sinus infection. I missed my first lift, figured it was just nerves. Missed my second lift and my nose was bleeding pretty bad. Missed my third lift and my nose and ears were bleeding. Needless to say I went to a doctors office very shortly after the meet. He advised me to take at least two weeks off from lifting, and because of how shitty I did and how shitty I felt/feel, I thinking I will listen to him.
****...glad to hear you're okay, bro.

Ears bleeding = ouch.

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it wasn't good, still isn't. I do have to admit that as much as being sick hurt me, my nerves didn't help. I do feel like an ass for bombing out on my first outing as a pro. I get little comfort from the fact that everyone except for Kennelly bombed out also.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
If bleeding from the ears isn't a valid excuse on why you missed your lifts, I don't know what is.

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
I am currently looking for a meet to redeem myself. I found one in Ohio (Freemont) on Dec. 10th that looks promising. I am just so pissed that I missed my chance to go to the Arnold.

BiggerNstronger

Awards
You QUALIFIED and you showed up...thats a whole lot more than most people will ever be able to say. Good job either way man, you will bounce back.

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
You QUALIFIED and you showed up...thats a whole lot more than most people will ever be able to say. Good job either way man, you will bounce back.
Yes I did, but next year I will show that I deserve to be there. No matter what the reason, when you bomb out it fucks with you mentally. Especially when you are starting with a weight that you have done plenty of times and have even done doubles and triples with.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
sorry to hear about that big fella hop you feel better and wish you a big comback. im sure with some determination you can com e back easily and CRUSH the competition.:thumbsup:

MrSkullCrusher

Awards
Yes I did, but next year I will show that I deserve to be there. No matter what the reason, when you bomb out it fucks with you mentally. Especially when you are starting with a weight that you have done plenty of times and have even done doubles and triples with.
Maybe you should of sniffed some Chalk Like that one dude did on his deadlifts!!:toofunny:
Just joking of course it was ammonia!

Sorry to hear you didnt hit your lifts bro!I agree that You should hit another meet right away while you are pissed :aargh: !!!That way you get your mind Straight!You will show em you DESERVE to be ther next time Bro!!:head: Wish i could of been there to HYPE YOU UP MAN!

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
Maybe you should of sniffed some Chalk Like that one dude did on his deadlifts!!:toofunny:
Just joking of course it was ammonia!

Sorry to hear you didnt hit your lifts bro!I agree that You should hit another meet right away while you are pissed :aargh: !!!That way you get your mind Straight!You will show em you DESERVE to be ther next time Bro!!:head: Wish i could of been there to HYPE YOU UP MAN!
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I will definately hit up a meet as soon as I am healthy again. I gotta hit my 800 before christmas (little gift to myself, lol).

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been there many times myself, you know what you have to do to get back on track. I have complete faith you will.

Last edited:

BiggerNstronger

Awards
No doubt the mental aspect of powerlifting is VERY important...most would say its just as crucial as the actual lifting/training. Sure it stinks to "bomb" as YOU said but in the long run you have to think about the fact even in bombing at the meet you did something that 99% of the population will NEVER be able to ever try. You KNOW you got the lift in you, now you have to show everyone else. Its not a matter of IF, but when.

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
Just got back from the docs office, I have a major perferation of the ear drum. It looks like this shitty hearing I though was just due to congestion is her to stay.

MrSkullCrusher

Awards
Oh man Bro that really SUCKS!Sorry to hear that man!

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey Nick I pm'ed ya I am sooo sorry i could not make the meet. But understand this, if you have a perforated ear drum i am quite sure that would mess up your equalibrium, so, being that and having serious sinus infection the fact that you showed up says how much of a damn warrior u are!!! What is important now is your recovery. You know what you are capable of, and in due time you will show the world what you are made of...:woohoo:

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
ApowerZ6, I am sorry, I didn't see your PM until after I got back from the meet. I had to leave the day before to weigh in for the meet. Trust me, you didn't miss anything. I am incredibly embarassed by how I performed, sick or not.

itgds69

Awards
Hey Nick, it was great getting the chance to meet you!!! I was the part asian chick helping out Bobby Fields and hanging out with Lattimer and Barbaccio (the big handoff guy). Don't be so down on yourself. You showed up to the meet and lifted under hard circumstances. You did what a true powerlifter does and didn't give up. Just want you to know, Bobby bombed 3 years ago in almost the same location when Bench America was popular. It really messed with his mind since then and now he came back to redeem himself. You will definitely do the same but much earlier!!! Take care of your ear, get well soon, get back under that F***ing bar and crush the weights!!! Bobby and I both agree, you are a phenominal lifter and a really great guy...you will be at the top real soon! :head:

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
Hey Nick, it was great getting the chance to meet you!!! I was the part asian chick helping out Bobby Fields and hanging out with Lattimer and Barbaccio (the big handoff guy). Don't be so down on yourself. You showed up to the meet and lifted under hard circumstances. You did what a true powerlifter does and didn't give up. Just want you to know, Bobby bombed 3 years ago in almost the same location when Bench America was popular. It really messed with his mind since then and now he came back to redeem himself. You will definitely do the same but much earlier!!! Take care of your ear, get well soon, get back under that F***ing bar and crush the weights!!! Bobby and I both agree, you are a phenominal lifter and a really great guy...you will be at the top real soon! :head:
Thanks a lot for the kind words, it means a lot to me. It was really great getting to meet you guys also. Bobby is incredibly friendly and a very classy lifter.
The great thing about powerlifting is that everybody (for the most part) is very friendly and supportive. Barbaccio is a frigg'n monster, that guy is huge

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established

I hear ya man

Freshman year I was at this statewide football convention powerlifting and what not meet. Long story short, bombed out on squats.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Hey!
Keep your chin up son. There will be another one. We got your back. Just heal and then give'em hell.:duel:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
Nick you have nothing to be embarrassed by man, you were bleeding from your fucking ears for christ's sake!

you've got plenty to be proud of and tons to look forward to especially given how young you are

i'm sure you're going to accomplish amazing things in this sport so put past troubles behind you and look towards the future because its certainly a bright one

congrats on all you've accomplished thus far and all i'm sure you will accomplish in the future!

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
like glen said, you have absolutely nothing to be embarassed about big man. just being sick will take it out of you. i would imagine bleeding from damn near every orafice(sp?) you have would put a damper on things as well.

bottomline: you know you have it in you, you know you're destined to break records. rest, get well, and get your ass back in the gym where you belong. that 800lb bench is waiting for ya. :)

Truck 44

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nick, a man is not judged by how many times he falls, but how many times he gets up

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Think of Batman Begins:

"Why do we fall, Bruce?"
"So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Failing is only an opportunity to try again. You'll bounce back and be better than ever in no time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 0
Prince IronMag Labs 0
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 1
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 5
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 2