Nick W going for 800+lbs this weekend!!Good LUCK!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. sorry to hear about that big fella hop you feel better and wish you a big comback. im sure with some determination you can com e back easily and CRUSH the competition.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    Yes I did, but next year I will show that I deserve to be there. No matter what the reason, when you bomb out it ****s with you mentally. Especially when you are starting with a weight that you have done plenty of times and have even done doubles and triples with.
    Maybe you should of sniffed some Chalk Like that one dude did on his deadlifts!!
    Just joking of course it was ammonia!

    Sorry to hear you didnt hit your lifts bro!I agree that You should hit another meet right away while you are pissed !!!That way you get your mind Straight!You will show em you DESERVE to be ther next time Bro!! Wish i could of been there to HYPE YOU UP MAN!
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by MrSkullCrusher
    Maybe you should of sniffed some Chalk Like that one dude did on his deadlifts!!
    Just joking of course it was ammonia!

    Sorry to hear you didnt hit your lifts bro!I agree that You should hit another meet right away while you are pissed !!!That way you get your mind Straight!You will show em you DESERVE to be ther next time Bro!! Wish i could of been there to HYPE YOU UP MAN!
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. I will definately hit up a meet as soon as I am healthy again. I gotta hit my 800 before christmas (little gift to myself, lol).

  4. Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    Yes I did, but next year I will show that I deserve to be there. No matter what the reason, when you bomb out it ****s with you mentally. Especially when you are starting with a weight that you have done plenty of times and have even done doubles and triples with.
    I have been there many times myself, you know what you have to do to get back on track. I have complete faith you will.
    Last edited by ryansm; 10-31-2005 at 12:33 AM.


  5. Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    Yes I did, but next year I will show that I deserve to be there. No matter what the reason, when you bomb out it ****s with you mentally. Especially when you are starting with a weight that you have done plenty of times and have even done doubles and triples with.
    No doubt the mental aspect of powerlifting is VERY important...most would say its just as crucial as the actual lifting/training. Sure it stinks to "bomb" as YOU said but in the long run you have to think about the fact even in bombing at the meet you did something that 99% of the population will NEVER be able to ever try. You KNOW you got the lift in you, now you have to show everyone else. Its not a matter of IF, but when.
    •   
       


  6. Just got back from the docs office, I have a major perferation of the ear drum. It looks like this ****ty hearing I though was just due to congestion is her to stay.

  7. Oh man Bro that really SUCKS!Sorry to hear that man!

  8. Hey Nick I pm'ed ya I am sooo sorry i could not make the meet. But understand this, if you have a perforated ear drum i am quite sure that would mess up your equalibrium, so, being that and having serious sinus infection the fact that you showed up says how much of a damn warrior u are!!! What is important now is your recovery. You know what you are capable of, and in due time you will show the world what you are made of...

  9. ApowerZ6, I am sorry, I didn't see your PM until after I got back from the meet. I had to leave the day before to weigh in for the meet. Trust me, you didn't miss anything. I am incredibly embarassed by how I performed, sick or not.

  10. Hey Nick, it was great getting the chance to meet you!!! I was the part asian chick helping out Bobby Fields and hanging out with Lattimer and Barbaccio (the big handoff guy). Don't be so down on yourself. You showed up to the meet and lifted under hard circumstances. You did what a true powerlifter does and didn't give up. Just want you to know, Bobby bombed 3 years ago in almost the same location when Bench America was popular. It really messed with his mind since then and now he came back to redeem himself. You will definitely do the same but much earlier!!! Take care of your ear, get well soon, get back under that F***ing bar and crush the weights!!! Bobby and I both agree, you are a phenominal lifter and a really great guy...you will be at the top real soon!

  11. Quote Originally Posted by itgds69
    Hey Nick, it was great getting the chance to meet you!!! I was the part asian chick helping out Bobby Fields and hanging out with Lattimer and Barbaccio (the big handoff guy). Don't be so down on yourself. You showed up to the meet and lifted under hard circumstances. You did what a true powerlifter does and didn't give up. Just want you to know, Bobby bombed 3 years ago in almost the same location when Bench America was popular. It really messed with his mind since then and now he came back to redeem himself. You will definitely do the same but much earlier!!! Take care of your ear, get well soon, get back under that F***ing bar and crush the weights!!! Bobby and I both agree, you are a phenominal lifter and a really great guy...you will be at the top real soon!
    Thanks a lot for the kind words, it means a lot to me. It was really great getting to meet you guys also. Bobby is incredibly friendly and a very classy lifter.
    The great thing about powerlifting is that everybody (for the most part) is very friendly and supportive. Barbaccio is a frigg'n monster, that guy is huge

  12. Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    Yes I did, but next year I will show that I deserve to be there. No matter what the reason, when you bomb out it ****s with you mentally. Especially when you are starting with a weight that you have done plenty of times and have even done doubles and triples with.

    I hear ya man

    Freshman year I was at this statewide football convention powerlifting and what not meet. Long story short, bombed out on squats.

  13. Hey!
    Keep your chin up son. There will be another one. We got your back. Just heal and then give'em hell.
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html

  14. Nick you have nothing to be embarrassed by man, you were bleeding from your ****ing ears for christ's sake!

    you've got plenty to be proud of and tons to look forward to especially given how young you are

    i'm sure you're going to accomplish amazing things in this sport so put past troubles behind you and look towards the future because its certainly a bright one

    congrats on all you've accomplished thus far and all i'm sure you will accomplish in the future!

  15. like glen said, you have absolutely nothing to be embarassed about big man. just being sick will take it out of you. i would imagine bleeding from damn near every orafice(sp?) you have would put a damper on things as well.

    bottomline: you know you have it in you, you know you're destined to break records. rest, get well, and get your ass back in the gym where you belong. that 800lb bench is waiting for ya.

  16. Nick, a man is not judged by how many times he falls, but how many times he gets up

  17. Think of Batman Begins:

    "Why do we fall, Bruce?"
    "So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

    Failing is only an opportunity to try again. You'll bounce back and be better than ever in no time.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    I worked up to my opener on tues (when it was at its worst) and 755 still flew off my chest.
    we've all been there, jk
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-06-2016, 03:24 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2013, 05:10 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2012, 09:41 PM
  4. Going for blood test this week after 1 month on Testim
    By LMuscle in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 03:18 AM
  5. Who is going to the florida alabama game this weekend?
    By Caferacer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Log in
Log in