deadlift goal reached.....for now anywayz

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i bet you'd be awesome at deads bro. especially used to carrying all that weight around from before.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i bet you'd be awesome at deads bro. especially used to carrying all that weight around from before.
You may be right... I was doing 3/4 (just below knee level) deads on a smith(yea I know nothing like free) back when I started for about a year.. but I could do 2.5 times the weight my brother could do (and usually on most exercises I can only do 20-60% more then him (except triceps.. I love me my triceps. :D).... pretty much all the iron I had.. near 500 pounds for 3 sets of 10.

What really freaks me out about deads.. Is after I'm done the set, my heart begins to realize the complete drop in oxygen, and in a few moments i can literally feel my heart beat in my entire body... as It tries to catch up.. nothing else does that to me, not even squats. They scare me...

Oddly enough last night going into leg day, I was waiting for a gentlemen using the squat rack for deads... He was moving some impressive weight, (big guy, great shape, actually he looked alot like you, same bald head and outfit, perhaps taller :D). I approached him, as he was unracking and I basically said good stuff, been meaning to start these soon. He said you should, but they are tough... etc.. A while later, he watched me do 10 reps of 315 pounds all the way down to the box, and made a point to come accross the room, to tell me, he can't do that. So what the hell am I waiting for.. dead here I come.

I'd like to thank you for your inspiration.. :clap2:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
congrats brotha!! sick video .. seriously that's a ton of weight! (well not literally but you see where i'm going with this) .. i'm so proud (as i wipe back a single tear from my eye)

and you didn't even puke!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Beezl's a bad muthafucka!

Nice work man. (said as I sit here nursing an inflammed glute/lumbar from a dead mishap 2 weeks ago, lol)

I'm betting Poobah can hoist the big number..little at a time.

I have lots of respect for you PL types. My scrawny frame just screams at me when I try to go big. Does not help to have a crooked spine complete with extra lumbar vertebrate, lol.

*Don't build a house on a crooked foundation Thread*

david4zero8

Awards
Sick lift man! Awesomely smooth and controlled.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sick lift Beezl, and Poobah, i def know how you feel after heavy deads. I feel like i am going to be sick, but i hold my chunks, and 3 min i am back for more.

Atlas

Awards
Freaking sick bro! Your control of the weight is damn amazing!

Atlas

Awards
You should also use the avatar that you have over at that other site, nice v-taper for a big dude! Nothing wrong with the avatar you have now, but the other one is pretty cool too!

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
appreciate all the comments fellas. when 7 goes up, ya'll will be the in the know:thumbsup:

glen: nah, i haven't puked since my drinking days.

poob: get on dem deads.....now. just be careful with em til you get used to it.

bio: what'd you do to **** up your back? so i don't do it.

aspire: it's an alternated grip. i use overhand on rack deads.

thanks again all. :head:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Nice lift. What are you weighing? Did you have a specific program you used to get their? Congrats bradda!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
(585)...it be sooner my area code than my DL ;)

Strong lil' fella ain'tcha :p

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
(585)...it be sooner my area code than my DL ;)

Strong lil' fella ain'tcha :p
gotta keep up with the shorties, like glen. his full extension dead is about 8" from the floor. area codes? i like that idea. too bad mine is in the 800's.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Wow :clap2: Congrats to you
And you did it by the book - controlled.
I got 550 but I just dropped the weight after getting it up for 3seconds

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
gotta keep up with the shorties, like glen. his full extension dead is about 8" from the floor. area codes? i like that idea. too bad mine is in the 800's.
LOL...8" in heels! :rofl:

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice lift Beelze, I think you could crank out another rep at that weight easy. Go for a single some time, and don't be affraid of a belt when doing it either.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Nice lift Beelze, I think you could crank out another rep at that weight easy. Go for a single some time, and don't be affraid of a belt when doing it either.
that was supposed to be a single, but it was too easy so i tried another one. :thumbsup:

i use a belt for squats when i go over 500. for deads, they just pinch too much. what does a belt really do anyway as long as form stays intact? spill the beans ol'er. :trout:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
You are bulking aren't you? I mean...if you feel in character with Eric Cartman :p

Here...cheesypoofs and beefcake 5000 for you :cheers:
"are you a 90lbs weakling? then try our ultimate weight gainer 9000. over 1000 grams of saturated fat per serving."

beefcake....BEEFCAKE

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that was supposed to be a single, but it was too easy so i tried another one. :thumbsup:

i use a belt for squats when i go over 500. for deads, they just pinch too much. what does a belt really do anyway as long as form stays intact? spill the beans ol'er. :trout:
Better stability for your core. It will not do much, but any front bearing load is going to cause some rounding of your back, and a belt can help. Try it for a heavy single and see how you like it. If the belt is pinching then tighten it from the back iow wear it backwards. I personally only use it on really heavy clean pulls 300k+ (a variation of deads) regardless you are a strong bastard, hope to see you in some meets soon.:woohoo:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
alrighty, i'll give it a whirl this friday, hitting 605 this time. if the pec gets back to normal, i'll def be competiting soon.

CrimsonOsiris

Board Supporter
Awards
thats impressive beelzebub... got a question for you, what do you squat for a single or double max, and if you arent sure of that, is it common for a person to squat or dead more weight? good job, and i think 7 plates will come far more quickly than april...

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
doubled 515 on squat tuesday, with belt/wraps. probably single out 535ish, maybe 545 if the mood was right. from what i've seen, deads are generally stronger than squat.

RedSwan78

Board Supporter
Awards
Beelze,

Awesome lift man! :) What's there to say that hasn't been said already? Great control, speed, form looked great. :)

Do you know what that song was in the vid? Sounded like something I'd definately like!

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
Great lift! But I would strongly consider ditching the straps. Though at first it will be humbling, I've found training grip strength increases VERY quickly when done properly. Use the thick barbell, rack deads at 70% of 1 RM with a 5 second hold at the top, and my personal favorite, the captains of crush grippers.

Congrats man.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
deadlifts are my most hated exercise, so my hat goes off to you.

hulagn1971

hulagn1971

Awards
7 plates are just around the corner for you.

PrinceGeorgebod

Banned
Awards
How can i watch your vid, I registered but dont have access, Anyway sounds good tho wish i could see

nodgodbod

Awards
congrats beezle - im struggling with 5 plates at the moment:eek:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
what made mine shoot up recently was alternating between 2 different programs from week to week:
program 1) full range deads
program 2) good mornings
rack deads (knee level)

the rest of my back workout was random, generally barbell or dumbbell rows, wide grip or close grip pulldowns, etc.

RedSwan78

Board Supporter
Awards
Hey Beelze,

Don't know if you saw my comment up a few posts, but I was also wondering if you knew what band/song that was in your vid? Sounds pretty kick-ass!

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
nah, i didn't set that song bro. the mods take the video and spice it up with whatever they want. sounds close to godsmack, little slow for their style though