pictures from our meet

knox

Awards
  • Established
Well....our meet didn't go as smooth as we hoped. For some reason we couldn't get a mark on bench to save our life..lol. Nate ended with a 190lb curl that go flagged, for what reason i don't know. I got 200lb curl which took 1st. On bench nate was going to open with 365lbs, 2nd attempt-400lbs, and end with 425lbs raw, but never got a mark. The judges imo weren't real consistant with the pause, which made it extremely difficult for a raw bench. I opened with 405lbs, 2nd attempt-455lbs, and wanted to end with a 500lb attempt shirted. But I never got a mark. I only had maybe 2 or 3 times to practice with the shirt. Nate got around 1.5 hours of sleep the night before which didn't help, and the bench was really low to the ground which we weren't used to. Nate has benched 400lbs raw without trouble and i've hit 455lb without trouble as well. On deadlift Nate ended with a 465lb pull. Earlier he pulled 445lbs off a one-hundred pound plate so we expected a 500lb pull that day. Especially since he pulled 465lbs last year at his meet. I opened with 525lbs, 2nd attempt-575lbs, got flagged for hitching:rolleyes: so my 3rd attempt I pulled 575lbs again without trouble. I was wanting to end with a 610lb pull.
Overall we had a good time. It was fun preparing for this meet and competing. I'm sure we will be more prepared for the next meet (whenever that may be) by the lessons we learned that day. Though we expected A LOT more out of our performance then what we displayed, we have to be thankful for the opportunity to compete.

Attachments

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the report Knox and what a great attitude.

I know some people would have blammed everything on the judges.

SO I say GREAT job to both of you.

CROWLER

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Awesome..you guys are lookin big!

Nate, you look shredded!

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Ya the meet didnt go near as well as we had hoped, but thats the way it goes sometimes, so no reason to get to pissed about it. Knox and my bro were sporting the mohawk with style though!!:D My bro is the one doing my lift offs for me on bench.

MrSkullCrusher was there and put up some big numbers, it was a good time.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
good stuff guys, Knox you're a strong/big SOB :thumbsup:

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Hey, good tries guys. It sucks when you go to a weird meet like the one you did because they're usually not well run - as you saw. Judging is the thing that nobody takes in to account when they look at PL records and complain about the shirt. Your 400lb touch and go bench is not equal to a 400lb paused bench, and you have to go by the cues in a meet...

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
I don't know where you guys live, but next year you guys should come to a PL meet in Eufaula, OK. It's right on the lake so you can catch some sun while you enjoy the day. It is pretty welll run and has been going for years. Plus, there is this one guy who benches near 700 (maybe over now) I think he won a medal in the special olympics. I can't remember the name but it's a great atmosphere and great place to watch some really strong guys.

BiggerNstronger

Awards
Great job knox... I was impressed with your lifts overall. With a bit more work on the benchpress you had a chance to take the overall. You too Nate, heck of a job for a first meet. Im aiming for the one in April for my first meet...hitting the gym hard and heavy until then.

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
I was just looking at my dl pick, it looks more like a straight leg deadlift LOL....I need to work on that!

knox

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the responses guys!

BNS, good luck on your upcoming meet, you should do really well.

hemidog

Awards
bro if you would have stuck one bench press you would have won the meet. either way I had some hella fun... hemi