Strongman Competitions

CrimsonOsiris

Board Supporter
Awards
Anyone involved or been involved in strongman or scottish games type competitions?

ive been wondering for quite some time how to get into these types of things, and at what strength levels i would need to be at to be competitive at various levels.

as a side note, i am also curious as to what is considered highly competitive in the unlimited classes for raw bench, squat, and deadlift. ive never had access to any kind of shirts or suits, and always thought i was weak when hearing of these quad digit numbers being posted in each event. but after reading just how much a shirt or suit can add, im wondering if i could be somewhat competitive...

tattoopierced1

some local gyms around my area have strongman comps...farmers walk, tire flip, monster truck pull, log press, etc... I am training to get in a couple next summer. The ones that gyms have around here are no equipment.

Kaboju

Awards
I have done one small one. I plan on doing some of the gold and platinum level shows next year. Stregth bases are way different in strongman. Would you be a lightweight(under230) or a heavy weight?

fightche

Awards
Anyone involved or been involved in strongman or scottish games type competitions?

ive been wondering for quite some time how to get into these types of things, and at what strength levels i would need to be at to be competitive at various levels.

as a side note, i am also curious as to what is considered highly competitive in the unlimited classes for raw bench, squat, and deadlift. ive never had access to any kind of shirts or suits, and always thought i was weak when hearing of these quad digit numbers being posted in each event. but after reading just how much a shirt or suit can add, im wondering if i could be somewhat competitive...
www.nastrongman.com is the website for the biggest amateur strongman association in the USA. From there you can find your state chair and ask them when the next competition in your area will be, and you will also be able to find out where the closest strongman training group is. That is how I got involved two years ago, and I have already run my own competition and run a training group in my area since then.

CrimsonOsiris

Board Supporter
Awards
thanks for the info sofar guys, very helpful indeed. i figure if i am unable to achieve my goals as a division I-A thrower, i can at least put my hard work to use in some of these types of competitions. and besides, they sure look like fun.

kaboju, i will always be a heavyweight. coming in around 395 right now, and even when (or if) i ever lose the weight i need to, ill still be around 300.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
I have competed for several years (although had the past year off). If you ever have any training questions, let me know!!

nick99r6

Awards
i have been competing in strongman shows for the last year and just competed in the nationals in kentucky on nov 5th

go to www.nastrongman.com

and u will find alot of info and all the compations coming up this year

tattoopierced1

i have been competing in strongman shows for the last year and just competed in the nationals in kentucky on nov 5th

go to www.nastrongman.com

and u will find alot of info and all the compations coming up this year
I know a guy that was in that one. Ken Bachelder... 6'4" 315lbs... might have seen him down there.. that was in Louisville right?