opinions on shirts/suits/etc.

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. WPO only allows 2ply, but I have heard rumors of Big Gene cheating a bit with the ply #. I only wear two ply and that is more than enough for me to handle. I have so much trouble finding the groove and dropping the weight in properly so as not to dump the weight. I still have a ton to learn, but luckilly I train with the best in the world at shirt technique. I would start out with a single ply, get good at that, then switch to a second ply, and then get good at it. The form is so much different for shirted bench and raw bench.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    lattimer is having problems touching with 900+ right now. rage double X shirt or some ****. he blew another one recently. got a pic of it on MMI kwy.
    That just sounds too ridiculous

    900lbs on your chest, and you can't even get it to touch, despite a huge arch? See...this is just where it seems to be "too freggin' much", ya know?

    Just imagine the additional force a PLer is given by a shirt that resists 900lbs and the PLer trying to pull the weight to his chest?
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    lattimer is having problems touching with 900+ right now. rage double X shirt or some ****. he blew another one recently. got a pic of it on MMI kwy.
    That was in his Inzer Ultimate Denim, which is actually a canvas shirt. I think he might be switching to a RageX though. Mike Wolfe used his RageX for the first time and BLASTED up 855, that shirt is the one everyone is hitting big numbers in.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    That just sounds too ridiculous

    900lbs on your chest, and you can't even get it to touch, despite a huge arch? See...this is just where it seems to be "too freggin' much", ya know?

    Just imagine the additional force a PLer is given by a shirt that resists 900lbs and the PLer trying to pull the weight to his chest?
    Latt is the 2nd best shirt technition there is. He benches about 550 raw. I wish I could manipulate a shirt that well.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    Latt is the 2nd best shirt technition there is. He benches about 550 raw. I wish I could manipulate a shirt that well.
    550 exactly. new PR for him. at least that's the last i read. he keeps a training log over there. and yup, you're right, ultimate denim is the one he blew recently with a 925 bench that had just touched. 905 wouldn't touch at all.

    like you said, the rage double X is putting up some big #'s for random ppl.
    •   
       


  6. Iam not against lifting shirts and the like, but like kwyck said I feel it would be better with standardization of lifting gear. I used to use a single ply some but became too troublesome since many times I dont have a training partner. Also, I know a couple of guys locally that said they were benching 600+ and squating 800+(SHW) . Funny thing is that at the meets they didnt pass their squat because they couldnt get down far enough and the same guy couldnt get his first lift in on the bench because he couldnt get 315 down to his chest. To me that would be embarsing. They blamed it on politics.

  7. Yes, it would be embaressing to miss a weight because you can't touch. You are always supposed to start with a weight that you know will touch and go from there. It really just boils down to the lifter knowing how to use their shirt and making good decisions on lifting attempts.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by grape ape
    Iam not against lifting shirts and the like, but like kwyck said I feel it would be better with standardization of lifting gear. I used to use a single ply some but became too troublesome since many times I dont have a training partner. Also, I know a couple of guys locally that said they were benching 600+ and squating 800+(SHW) . Funny thing is that at the meets they didnt pass their squat because they couldnt get down far enough and the same guy couldnt get his first lift in on the bench because he couldnt get 315 down to his chest. To me that would be embarsing. They blamed it on politics.
    IMO, if you have to use a shirt to bench 315...you shouldn't be using a shirt

  9. Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    IMO, if you have to use a shirt to bench 315...you shouldn't be using a shirt


    Very true

  10. Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    IMO, if you have to use a shirt to bench 315...you shouldn't be using a shirt
    i'd say 405. then add a single ply for safety. to hell with the rest. but like we discussed earlier, if one guy uses a double rage X, we all have to. pretty ****ty.

  11. I didn't start using a shirt until after I did 600 raw, I maxed out too often tore both my pecs, and then decided that it would be prudent to get some protection. Tearing pecs hurts, luckilly it was just the muscles and not an avulsed tendon.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    I didn't start using a shirt until after I did 600 raw, I maxed out too often tore both my pecs, and then decided that it would be prudent to get some protection. Tearing pecs hurts, luckilly it was just the muscles and not an avulsed tendon.
    pulled (maybe tore) my pec recently (about 3 weeks ago) and it's taking some getting used to. 425 ****ed my **** all up. totally my fault though. it was my first day back on flat in over a year and i was going for broke. i got my wish, i broke.

  13. hey man that double rage X helped me put up a PR of 215!

  14. Beelz, is there much bruising in the area of the pec pain? if it was torn there would be sever bruising and swelling.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    Beelz, is there much bruising in the area of the pec pain? if it was torn there would be sever bruising and swelling.
    no brusing. mild swelling. i was able to do a medium weight workout last week. hitting it again today to see if things have improved. have a slight lump that has formed from the chest into the underarm area. can't see it, but i can feel it. kinda like where there's that connector muscle that runs from the chest to the underarm-shoulder muscle. well, now, i have two connectors to that area. kinda hard to explain.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    hey man that double rage X helped me put up a PR of 215!
    shattering your previous record of 210, excellent job glen.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    no brusing. mild swelling. i was able to do a medium weight workout last week. hitting it again today to see if things have improved. have a slight lump that has formed from the chest into the underarm area. can't see it, but i can feel it. kinda like where there's that connector muscle that runs from the chest to the underarm-shoulder muscle. well, now, i have two connectors to that area. kinda hard to explain.
    I would say that you just tweaked the tendon at its attachment point, take it easy on the heavy weights. I wouldn't do anything heavier than you did for your last workout.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    I would say that you just tweaked the tendon at its attachment point, take it easy on the heavy weights. I wouldn't do anything heavier than you did for your last workout.
    sounds about right. think i'll stick to the hammer machines for another week or so before hitting up flat again. hoping GH will assist things as well, about to give that a run for it's money.

  19. I would think it would due to the expedited healing and increased tendon strength GH is supposed to provide.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by NickW
    I would think it would due to the expedited healing and increased tendon strength GH is supposed to provide.
    yessir. spoke to a national bb'ing competitor in my gym about this. said it worked wonders for a knee injury he had. found a good price. everything kinda fell in place, figured it was a sign to try it. won't hurt to try anyway.

  21. I am sure I will be using GH once my joints/tendons start giving me constant trouble. Let me know how well this works out for you, I might start some Hexatropin before the BB4$ to help my nagging pec tendon pain.

  22. cool deal, i'll keep ya posted. should be starting up in 10 days or so.

  23. cool thanks.

  24. First off ive never used Illegal Gear/Juice and Im 300lbs,6ft 1",and got 573lbs up on bench a few weeks ago with Fury single ply.
    Raw i get around 450lbs on flat bench,but on delcine bench i get over 500lbs.I got 315lbs for 31reps on delcine also.
    I have bad shoulders and train on decline alot.
    I have alot of pain on flat bench but not on decline.When i use a shirt i have almost NO pain at all.When you start getting that
    heavy on bench i think shirts are a good idea so you dont blow out your shoulders.That is of course my opinion.I have never used
    a denim or double ply shirt.If you are doing a PL meet its almost a must that u use a shirt to compete with the others using shirts.
    I personally am glad that they allow shirts because of my shoulder injuries.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by MrSkullCrusher
    First off ive never used Illegal Gear/Juice and Im 300lbs,6ft 1",and got 573lbs up on bench a few weeks ago with Fury single ply.
    Raw i get around 450lbs on flat bench,but on delcine bench i get over 500lbs.I got 315lbs for 31reps on delcine also.
    I have bad shoulders and train on decline alot.
    I have alot of pain on flat bench but not on decline.When i use a shirt i have almost NO pain at all.When you start getting that
    heavy on bench i think shirts are a good idea so you dont blow out your shoulders.That is of course my opinion.I have never used
    a denim or double ply shirt.If you are doing a PL meet its almost a must that u use a shirt to compete with the others using shirts.
    I personally am glad that they allow shirts because of my shoulder injuries.
    thanks for the input bro. yeah, i've come to realize that a single ply is acceptable after a certain weight, just for safety reasons.

    does a double ply give even more safety or does that just take it to a point of ridiculousness?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 01:47 PM
  2. opinions on muscle synergy
    By madmuscle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 07:35 AM
  3. Need opinions on T-1 pro plan
    By RippedForce in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 02:58 AM
  4. Your Thoughts And Opinions on Keto Dieting??
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-02-2002, 01:12 AM
Log in
Log in