competitors???

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Hey WG, I thought I remembered like a year ago or so you were getting ready for a meet and benched 200 or 205, dont know why that is stuck in my mind, but anyways those are some really good lifts, especially deadlift!

2. Ah yes, the post weigh in binge(it was for me anyway)...I hated dieting down to make the 198s, so I just ended up lifting in the 220s because it got so hard to diet down (because I would crash diet, not my brightest moment.)
    My best totals(with full equipment) were:
    Squat: 520
    Bench: 285
    Dead: 520

Good enough to get me 6th at regionals in my weight class. Now I'm trying to get back into it after a long layoff, hopefully all goes well.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Nate Dawg
    Hey WG, I thought I remembered like a year ago or so you were getting ready for a meet and benched 200 or 205, dont know why that is stuck in my mind, but anyways those are some really good lifts, especially deadlift!
    your right, 205, max bench..but i did not qualify as i did not do the squat..( broken foot)..i just wanted to do the bench as i wanted to beat my best.....(my friend was running the meet, a comp between rival gyms so i was able to do it......... a personal favor to me...

4. well since, most of the PL'ers are posting in this thread, i'm looking for some much needed advice. today, i went back to flat bench after about a year away from it. practicing all the stuff i was told, arch, shoulder blades squeezed, etc. was going great, got 405 x 3 like it was a joke. then i got greedy and went for 425 and felt a pull in my chest. most likely a pulled muscle. any ideas how to deal with this? 6 weeks til the meet. it's not hurting too bad now. i heated it and i'm about to ice it in a little bit. feels like it's sore from the workout already so i'm sure it'll be hurting tomorrow.

5. Let it heal, start doing 3 and 4 board press when you feel you are able, build your low end with military press, 3 weeks out from the meet start getting ART, two sessions should be enough to get you back into tip top shape.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    ART?
    Active release therapy. Works great - I had it done on my forearms, pecs, tris and shoulders and it was amazing, it restored range of motion I haven't had in years and got rid of a lot of minor nagging pain.

7. Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    Active release therapy. Works great - I had it done on my forearms, pecs, tris and shoulders and it was amazing, it restored range of motion I haven't had in years and got rid of a lot of minor nagging pain.
    ever have a pulled muscle?

8. oh, ya think GH would be of benefit in that short period of time?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    ever have a pulled muscle?
    Yes, plenty. Unless you really ****ed it up you should be good to go in under two weeks - just don't do any heavy work on it in that time (though 30-50 rep sets not to faillure can help you recover). As for the GH, I don't think it'll help honestly.

10. Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    Yes, plenty. Unless you really ****ed it up you should be good to go in under two weeks - just don't do any heavy work on it in that time (though 30-50 rep sets not to faillure can help you recover). As for the GH, I don't think it'll help honestly.
    yeah, i'm taking a week off from everything. hitting it light next week.

11. Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    oh, and i thought GH helped with injuries and **** like that. am i mistaken? i've yet to use it so i have no personal experience, just what i've read.

12. GH mainly seems to help with arthritis-like injuries, i.e. degenerative connective tissue, particularly cartilage. Not as helpful with strains and pulls.

13. Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    GH mainly seems to help with arthritis-like injuries, i.e. degenerative connective tissue, particularly cartilage. Not as helpful with strains and pulls.
    hmm, alrighty, think i'm still gonna try it out. can't hurt, right? it may very well be a connective tissue problem anyway. being in the same exact area as last time and all. thanks for the info though.

14. Like Curtis told ya', the **** will heal you up quick bro. Can't wait to see the results.

15. Quote Originally Posted by hulagn1971
    Like Curtis told ya', the **** will heal you up quick bro. Can't wait to see the results.
    drumroll plz........................... ..my former training partner has entered the room. bout time you posted ****nut.

16. Just waited for the right opportunity. Nice board. Looks like a lot of knowledgeable peeps here (yes, your included).

17. well any friend of beelze's is an enemy of mine

just kidding man welcome aboard

18. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    well any friend of beelze's is an enemy of mine

just kidding man welcome aboard
    never mind this guy. he's still mad because my small calves are still bigger than his, lol.

19. did somebody say calves?

20. Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    did somebody say calves?
    yeah, 20" calves need not apply.

you......calf......freak..thin g

21. beelze .. i hate you
    ex .. i hate you too albeit for different reasons

22. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    beelze .. i hate you
    you say hate, i hear love.

23. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    beelze .. i hate you
    I love you too

24. The faux-latent-and/or-overt-homosexual banter here never ceases to amuse me. It also never ceases. Should that be a cause for alarm?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2006, 12:24 AM
  2. Diplomats future muscle mania competitor
    By diplomats in forum Pics
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 02:14 AM
  3. competitor question...competitors only reply..
    By bigtasty25 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-31-2006, 04:58 PM
  4. Surprising T-Gel Competitor!
    By khafra in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-25-2003, 03:40 PM