Power lifters. Thoughts on Blaha?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last
  1. Power lifters. Thoughts on Blaha?

I'm a fan. Anybody else?

2. His channel has drama at times, but i think it is just part of the youtube fitness community and i think it is great entertainment. He does give out really good advice for people into fitness and power-lifting, but bodybuilding he does not care for. He is not anti Gear and tells it how it is. He will call out people that sell supplements and lie about Steroid use, and i think that part of the Hate from other channels. If your new to lifting weights i say his channel and programs are some of the best i have seen. Saying that he is very entertaining and does not lie and that is the main thing. Some people Hate him and others love him...I am in the middle, he is a good guy that is trying to make a living and will call people out. I sub to him and Jerry Ward and others.. That all give out advice, it is up to you to decide what is true, but Jason is good for powerlifters and natural fitness people...He is in TRT and does not lie about his past Gear Use and that is always good.
    •   

3. He is a joke

4. A delusional, lying, condescending, hypocrite and self righteous prick. Now doing his "Bulgarian training" -meaning : as little as possible. He failed to get lean and decided suddenly to switch from bodybuilder to a self proclaimed "strength athlete" , to justify his blubber.

I'm watching his vids for the ment -and to get needed aggression for my workouts.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

5. He basically is reading new studies, then making a video about it, telling everybody that he always knew it -and all the others were wrong. Omitting the fact that he didn't manage to grow an inch in years.
    I admit that he is lifting some good weight (for singles) nowadays (after YEARS of failing) -but all the bullsh1t he was telling in the past (code name: Hemingway - look it up, LMAO) buried him for good.

•   

6. I dig his vibe,...(will admit his style is unique) but he’s one of the few that keeps it real and isn’t shilling anything...I enjoy his videos at night and he doesn’t have that “obnoxious, in your face” bull sh it...

7. Quote Originally Posted by AlexPowell View Post
    He is a joke
    that's pretty harsh. you don't think he understands powerlifting?

8. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    He basically is reading new studies, then making a video about it, telling everybody that he always knew it -and all the others were wrong. Omitting the fact that he didn't manage to grow an inch in years.
    I admit that he is lifting some good weight (for singles) nowadays (after YEARS of failing) -but all the bullsh1t he was telling in the past (code name: Hemingway - look it up, LMAO) buried him for good.

hes strong forsure. I'm not sure he is trying to grow.
    I like how he calls out fake natties and BS training.
    I also think he will become an elite lifter in his 40s. I wish I had enough you tube followers that I could do Bulgarian style. you have to have some free time to train like that.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Cgkone View Post
    hes strong forsure. I'm not sure he is trying to grow.
    I like how he calls out fake natties and BS training.
    I also think he will become an elite lifter in his 40s. I wish I had enough you tube followers that I could do Bulgarian style. you have to have some free time to train like that.
    I can't get passed his delusions, I just can't. No matter if he has to say something informative.
    Did you see some vids of his haters, where they called his outrageous lies? HOURS of ment!

10. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    I can't get passed his delusions, I just can't. No matter if he has to say something informative.
    Did you see some vids of his haters, where they called his outrageous lies? HOURS of ment!

I saw joe rogan do the stolen valor stuff.
    yeah he's definitely weird. but strictly his PL stuff I like.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Cgkone View Post
    I saw joe rogan do the stolen valor stuff.
    yeah he's definitely weird. but strictly his PL stuff I like.
    that video is hilarious.
    I just think hes got decent lifts and I haven't heard one bit of false info when he talks powerlifting.

12. gthe suddenly part I'm not sure about either HG, hes been PLing for awhile

13. Quote Originally Posted by Cgkone View Post
    gthe suddenly part I'm not sure about either HG, hes been PLing for awhile
    Well, he better sticks to PL, instead of wacking people as a mercenary, LOL!

14. Blaha is a complete fraud. I'll admit that I found some of his earlier videos busting fake natties entertaining and some of the information in his videos is valid. However more often than not he appears to have just googled something, found an article, skimmed it, and then goes online posting a video on the subject pontificating as if he's an expert on it.

And then there's the whole fantasy land fake mercenary claims that blew up when he and his channel basically went off the deep end some time ago.

Google "Blahapedia" or "blaha fitmisc" you'll find a rather lengthy expose of his many countless wild claims.

The guy legitimately seems to have some kind of mental disorder where he appears to have a difficult time distinguishing fantasy from reality.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Cgkone View Post
    that's pretty harsh. you don't think he understands powerlifting?
    He talks from a position of authority when he has achieved very little

16. Quote Originally Posted by AlexPowell View Post
    He talks from a position of authority when he has achieved very little
    Now he is showing some heavy lifts, even with good form, I admit. Judging him by his strength and execution, nothing bad to say... BUT the guy is a delusional jerk, you have no idea how much I hate him, LOL (But I'm enjoying it, its my daily dose of cringe).

17. If I had to choose a youtuber as a role model, it would probably be James "Tiny" Vest, followed by Athlean-x.
    The reason I'm not particularly following any of them is, James has a "sleep inducing kind of transmitting knowledge" -and Athlean-X needs about 20 minutes of anatomy lessons before showing an exercise.

18. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Now he is showing some heavy lifts, even with good form, I admit. Judging him by his strength and execution, nothing bad to say... BUT the guy is a delusional jerk, you have no idea how much I hate him, LOL (But I'm enjoying it, its my daily dose of cringe).
    I know a lot of people that are strong and are stupid as ****. Blaha giving advice is the equivalent of the 16 year old that squatted 500lb at your local high school giving advice on how to train.

Completely blows my mind that he can take the work of Bill Starr, Mark Rippetoe and Glenn Pendlay, add some close grip bench and arm isolations and market it across the biggest websites out there

19. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    If I had to choose a youtuber as a role model, it would probably be James "Tiny" Vest, followed by Athlean-x.
    The reason I'm not particularly following any of them is, James has a "sleep inducing kind of transmitting knowledge" -and Athlean-X needs about 20 minutes of anatomy lessons before showing an exercise.
    Id chose Mark bell, silent mike, Alan thrall, Chris duffin
    Athlean x isn't even worth watching in my opinion.

20. Quote Originally Posted by AlexPowell View Post
    I know a lot of people that are strong and are stupid as ****. Blaha giving advice is the equivalent of the 16 year old that squatted 500lb at your local high school giving advice on how to train.

Completely blows my mind that he can take the work of Bill Starr, Mark Rippetoe and Glenn Pendlay, add some close grip bench and arm isolations and market it across the biggest websites out there
    He's logging Bulgarian training. That's a first I believe.
    He just stated that newbies should learn to dead with hook grip.
    I have to agree.

21. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    If I had to choose a youtuber as a role model, it would probably be James "Tiny" Vest.
    Tiny's great...

22. From "Blahapedia"here's some of Blaha's grandiose claims:

Martial arts master, two black belts but refuses to say in what styles, since that would give his opponents a tactical advantage.

Could have become a medical doctor but chose not to. Again, $60 a day on YouTube is just so much better.

Genius level 147 IQ (99.9th percentile of population). Scored a 1420 on the SAT (97th percentile of test takers). Double majored in Psychology and Nutritional Science at Texas A&M, achieved a perfect 4.0 GPA without ever studying.

-Worked as a male model.

Is literally the greatest competitive eater who has ever lived. Won an eating contest in high school by eating 13 large Domino's pizzas in under two hours. This calculates into approximately 29 pounds of food/37,000 calories in one sitting.

-Expert musician. He has never demonstrated this skill on camera, but he assured us all that he took two years of honours jazz and played in heavy metal bands

-Built hydrogen compressors. An incredible feat since he was in his early 20s and had never attended any engineering school of any kind.

-Ran his own steroid lab from 2000-2004

-Was a shredded bodybuilder below 5% body fat. Unfortunately, all photographic evidence of this was burned up in a fire.

Squatted 605 pounds and leg pressed 2,000 pounds for 20 reps. All evidence presumed lost in The Great Fire.

-Reverse grip bench pressed 500 pounds. This is a feat that is only achievable by elite world record holding powerlifters. When asked for proof of this, he says that he doesn't have any because the Internet wasn't that popular in the early 2000s.

He claims to have the same amount of muscle mass as Ryback. He also says that he's nearly the same size as post-retirement Jay Cutler.

23. You forgot:
    -He killed people in combat
    -was a mercenary
    -Science fiction writer

24. Quote Originally Posted by johnl1800 View Post
    Genius level 147 IQ (99.9th percentile of population).
    My IQ was tested at 148 and it's really not as smart as everyone seems to think. I'd say the main difference between me and the average guy with a 100 IQ is that I know I'm stupid and they don't

Seeing as Blaha doesn't know he's stupid, I'm calling BS on that as wel

25. Quote Originally Posted by AlexPowell View Post
    My IQ was tested at 148 and it's really not as smart as everyone seems to think. I'd say the main difference between me and the average guy with a 100 IQ is that I know I'm stupid and they don't

Seeing as Blaha doesn't know he's stupid, I'm calling BS on that as wel
    I know at least one person with an 140+ IQ who can't piss a hole into snow. Even IF Blaha has a high IQ, it wouldn't mean anything.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Initial thoughts on HGH Power Patch
    By data4 in forum AgeForce
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-24-2015, 04:37 AM
  2. Your guys thoughts on this
    By Kitchen Chemist in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 05:45 PM
  3. thoughts on SU usage at 7 weeks out/9% bf
    By PecSicle in forum Supplements