Getting into powerlifting

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Hey guys, I am looking into doing my first powerlifting meet in April and am hoping to gain some insight on how to prep and gain a little more strength moving into the meet. I have never focused on powerlifting i typically was engaged in bodybuilding. This year while bulking i really emphasized heavy weight training but know the split im following isnt ideal for someone looking to maximize their 3 lift totals. I was getting sick of the every year bulk and cut and being really hard on myself when i got a little sloppy in the cold months. After talking to some guys around my gym they encouraged me to do a meet in powerlifting while i was more bulky so i could still be working towards some type of goal during my off months. My squat right now is 450 my deads are 450 as well and my bench is only 275. Im very pleased with where i am and how far i have come but know i can still use improvement and wanted insight from those into powerlifting that have more experiance in the sport. Thank you!

napalm

napalm

Awards
Need some vids, your DL and squat shouldn't be the same. I suspect you're either not squatting to depth, or, DL technique is off. As far as programming, either 5/3/1 or 10/20/life. I've used both with success.

Weight/height?

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
I know my deadlift technique needs work I find myself typically using more hamstrings and having a more straight legged deadlift form which limits me significantly. I thought about trying to switch to a sumo deadlift stance as I see more people with that stance in powerlifting. I can assure u I squat ass to grass I can't stand quarter rep squatters so I know that's not my issue

Urqa

Urqa

Awards
As napalm said some videos would help for some form tips, biggest tip I can give is start doing all your lifts to competition standards, Pausing bench press , squatting to depth and locking out deadlifts fully,
Programming you could do 5,3,1 as said above ,
I would recommend Johnnie Canditos 6 week program once your 6-7 weeks out from the meet, one of the best meet prep programs I've seen online