Knee wraps super tight for fist time. I can barely walk.

JRowe79

JRowe79

Awards
I have been using knee wraps consistently for about 6 months now. I have started training for USAPL Collegiate Nationals, so I went to train with an experienced lifter who is good with gear. He had a wrap roller and wrapped my knees really tight. That was the first time I've wore the wraps that tight. For about 30 minutes after the workout I was fine, but after that until late last night I could barely walk and it hurts to straighten my knee still today. Does anyone know the reason? Will I get used to the wraps and my
Knee will adjust? It's a new experience and I don't know if it's normal.

jwood10

Awards
with my experience you will get used to it. when i get mine wrapped super tight my ligaments feel bruised and my skin is sensitive to touch for a couple days. if its that bad just tell him to ease up a bit. are they the same wraps you are used to? or is he wrapping you with a stiffer and more aggressive wrap material?

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You'll get used to it. The day I learned what an actually tight wrap was, I had bruising, it hurt to touch, and it hurt my hamstrings to flex them. And then I had to deadlift the next day! After pulls went alright, that's how I knew it would be fine.

If you want the most out of your wraps, that is how they get put on. Watch Malanichev wrap knees. He's extreme, but he also squats more than everyone else.

JRowe79

JRowe79

Awards
So the knee pain kept bothering me over the past six weeks so I went to the doctor. It turns out I may have a slight tear in my lateral meniscus. I have anti inflammatory pills to see if they will help and I'm getting a pre-cautionary MRI because I tore the other knees lateral meniscus bad in high school playing football and had to have surgery. I have still been squatting but haven't been using wraps. We will see what the MRI says.