Realistic goals ?

Jrpowerlifter

Awards
I was wondering if my goals were realistic or not. I am doing a 14-16 week long strength gaining/powerlifting routine. I would like to ( at the very least ) meet my goals or exceed them. My goals are:

1. Increase my 5 rep Flat Bench from 50 to 120 lbs.
2. Double my 11 rep barbell row from 50 to 100 lbs.
3. Triple my 8 rep Shoulder Press From 40 to 120 lbs.
4. Triple my 6 rep Incline Bench from 35 to 105 lbs.

The reason I have odd reps is because these are the weights and reps I'm familiar seeing.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We need more information -

1. Male/Female?
2. What do you weigh?
3. How old are you?
4. How long have you been lifting?

That should give us a starting point.

Jrpowerlifter

Awards
We need more information -

1. Male/Female?
2. What do you weigh?
3. How old are you?
4. How long have you been lifting?

That should give us a starting point.
Male
Seriously lifting for about 4 months.

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMO don't even make goals yet you will be making good gains for the next few months since you're so new to strength training. Just keep training and eating and you'll get to where you want to go.

asilentj3w

Awards
You'll be getting nice rookie gains for quite some time like guy above me said. After those start wearing out then make your goals. In the mean time - just eat right, supplement with a good protein, creatine, bcaas, lift right and you'll be straight

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As others have said, your only real goal should be to consistently and safely add weight to the bar each workout. More importantly than this, learn proper form and safety for each exercise. You will be surprised with how much stronger you are I think.

ThaGerGuy3000

Awards
Goals are for soccer players. Just lift heavy and eat big.

CheslinK

CheslinK

Awards
Big ass 14 yr old.

Follow a good program and you'll grow. The biggest thing will be eating right and not skipping around with programs. Do one program for at least 3 months before deciding if it works or not.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Find a weight you can do 5x5 with good form. Add 5-10 pounds every week. Get strong. Let us know how it goes and come back for more advanced programming.

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
Find a weight you can do 5x5 with good form. Add 5-10 pounds every week. Get strong. Let us know how it goes and come back for more advanced programming.
Really liked 5x5 programs when I was in high school. Good advice!