Smolov jr ideas?
- 06-12-2014, 01:00 PM
Smolov jr ideas?
Okay so I know the rule is to never mess with a proven program. I'm just interested in trying to make the gains easier to keep afterwards.
So the original is
So I was thinking of subtracting 5% from each one so it would be;
And also if the number is like 293 for example rounding down instead of up. And the Deload week I'm thinking of would look like this in the forth week.
S- test new max
So pretty much reduce the sets and reps but keep the percentages the same. For the actual 3 weeks I was thinking Monday and Wednesday since the weights are lighter doing the the other body parts not used in the bench so they at the very least maintain. And doing maybe 10x10 of Facepulls every workout. Please don't bash this, that's not the point. Just give any advice, opinions, or tweaks that would help make this better.
- 07-07-2014, 04:36 PM
- 5'8" 165 lbs.
- Join Date
- Jul 2014
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
What is your purpose for reducing the loads and sets?
I could see it if you felt the weight was too heavy at the given %.
When using a 1RM chart, sometimes people cannot perform the listed percentage for their 1RM.
Say your 1RM is 200 and you are aiming for 75% 1RM which is supposed to be 10 reps, but you get it for 8 reps.
This is why using RPE can work a bit better when you are judging the amount of weight to use.The journey of balancing a healthy lifestyle as a father & a husband. - LiftingDad.com
Similar Forum Threads
- By SemiBulimic in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 3Last Post: 10-22-2009, 08:54 PM
- By goldenroll in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 1Last Post: 10-06-2009, 09:28 AM
- By DALLASxBROWN in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 1Last Post: 12-09-2008, 02:15 AM
- By pjorstad in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 3Last Post: 01-15-2003, 09:28 PM
- By Blindfaith in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 7Last Post: 12-15-2002, 09:52 PM