- 05-06-2014, 10:07 PM
- 05-06-2014, 10:26 PM
5/3/1 with an assistance template based off the Periodization Bible
Layne Norton's PHAT if you're more into bodybuilding type stuff, but still want strength focused days.
05-06-2014, 10:56 PM
05-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Cube Method is good too. My trainer has me on a variation of it.
Ian S McCrae
United States Strength Coalition
05-07-2014, 05:18 PM
True^ Did a variation of it for two meets
05-08-2014, 10:14 AM
question, how do you do a variation of a program that has you vary it to fit your needs?
to me its like saying i drive a variation of a car. nope. its still a car. it may be made by a different manufacturer, it may be a different year, but its still a car, or a truck, or a van, etc. but notice how its still called car insurance even if you have a van or truck....
you can call me "ozzie" for short.
05-08-2014, 10:24 AM
By variation, I mean; the only thing I took from the Cube Method, recently, was the rotation of ME/DE/RE each week. I did not follow his sets/reps, nor did I follow his overload/underload supplemental work how he stated should be followed, thus: my own variation of it.
I get your point. I was only stating that I didn't follow it how it's written in the book exactly, in case the OP were to look into it. Not sure me sayin variation is either right or wrong.
05-08-2014, 12:40 PM
06-28-2014, 05:45 PM
11-21-2014, 10:10 AM
Westside ! If you really want to focus on adding muscle size do max 3 and 5's instead of singles on Max Effort days.
11-21-2014, 10:13 AM
11-23-2014, 04:25 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By DaveWalton in forum Training ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 02-25-2009, 09:26 AM
- By RenegadeRows in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 11Last Post: 09-11-2008, 11:12 AM
- By cpa5oh in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 06-15-2005, 10:37 AM
- By iron addict in forum Training ForumReplies: 11Last Post: 09-04-2003, 11:51 AM
- By Big H in forum General ChatReplies: 18Last Post: 12-07-2002, 06:28 PM