Bench Technique Check
- 03-20-2013, 06:05 PM
- 03-20-2013, 07:09 PM
google the "so you think you can bench" series. everything you need to know...
- 03-21-2013, 05:54 AM
03-23-2013, 09:52 AM
- 5'10" 220 lbs.
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
You have zero leg drive and your lats look very unstable. You need to tuck more and bring the bar lower on your sternum.
M.Ed. Ex Phys
03-23-2013, 10:35 AM
What's your goal? I mean besides bending yourself into a C...
I think you're missing the point of the setup; it's not to pin your legs back as far as possible. It's to set your legs so you (as posted) have leg drive.
In addition to what Rodja posted, I'd submit you need to tuck your elbows and work on bar speed.
Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
03-23-2013, 10:45 AM
Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
03-23-2013, 11:37 AM
get under the bar more, less shoulder rotation. i put my chin directly under the bar, it looks like your forehead isn't under the bar
03-23-2013, 12:04 PM
03-24-2013, 01:22 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By DerickVonD in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 11-28-2011, 12:47 PM
- By usccalidoc in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 25Last Post: 03-30-2010, 05:51 PM
- By thaOrleanyte in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 4Last Post: 10-22-2008, 12:06 PM
- By 1337 MG42Maniac in forum Weight LossReplies: 1Last Post: 02-08-2008, 07:57 AM
- By chainsaw in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 5Last Post: 06-12-2005, 07:05 PM