Weak points before i compete.

beastMode47

Awards
I'm sitting around 198 with a 550 back squat, well below parellel.
520-550 dead lift depending on the day.
340-360 bench without a pause.

At 198 would I be able to compete with those numbers or would I get blown out?
I just turned 22 so I have plenty of time to grow.
I was just curious.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Those numbers look solid to me at your weight. I hope they are raw!

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
seriously? i dont intend to be rude but at your bodyweight with those lifts you are a masters according to RAW and about 80lbs shy of elite. that sounds like trolling for compliments to me. there are 4 levels below you in rankings. you wouldnt just compete but unless you went to a national meet you would crush everyone.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
seriously? i dont intend to be rude but at your bodyweight with those lifts you are a masters according to RAW and about 80lbs shy of elite. that sounds like trolling for compliments to me. there are 4 levels below you in rankings. you wouldnt just compete but unless you went to a national meet you would crush everyone.
Who

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The OP. His total is up there, and even his squat probably breaks squat records in some high ranked divisions (assuming this is all raw).

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
His bench isn't high. Not sure for his weight. I'm 260

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Im pending on signing up for my first meet. And you blow me out of the water and I'm sitting at 182.
Dl 430 x2
Bench x295x2 without pause
Squat of 365x2
Thankfully it's just a push pull meet to get my hands wet.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Have my first meet in march. Bench and dead. I'll be pulling. Might bench if my shoulders will let me. Pulled a raw 700 as a max two weeks ago. Last 2 been ****ty

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Been fallowing your thread bro! You've been killing it! Stokes to get up there.... Eventually.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
His bench isn't high. Not sure for his weight. I'm 260
There's a titanic difference for bench numbers between 270s and 198 classes.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
There's a titanic difference for bench numbers between 270s and 198 classes.
Lol well yea. Just doesn't seem like much there for him

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol well yea. Just doesn't seem like much there for him
It wont set records for sure for the bench, but its big enough to contribute to a nice total (a master's level total). I had a friend at 19 who had a world record bench at 400 something. Evidently one of our own here beat it not too long ago, although I'm not sure they were in same division; his was WPC, don't know Evan's.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
It wont set records for sure for the bench, but its big enough to contribute to a nice total (a master's level total). I had a friend at 19 who had a world record bench at 400 something. Evidently one of our own here beat it not too long ago, although I'm not sure they were in same division; his was WPC, don't know Evan's.
Ahh I see bro! I think I have see a vid you posted! Your a beast bro! I'm new to this PL thing. Genetics is what's got me going. Learning a lot! Got a killer coach so gains are comin fast.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ahh I see bro! I think I have see a vid you posted! Your a beast bro! I'm new to this PL thing. Genetics is what's got me going. Learning a lot! Got a killer coach so gains are comin fast.
Thanks man. PL is definitely fun. When I first started liftin in '10 it was with some guys in a powerlifting team. It sucked when they all graduated that summer and I was alone, so I picked up bb for a while. Pulling 700 is great ... I can't wait to get 6 plates myself right now.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Thanks man. PL is definitely fun. When I first started liftin in '10 it was with some guys in a powerlifting team. It sucked when they all graduated that summer and I was alone, so I picked up bb for a while. Pulling 700 is great ... I can't wait to get 6 plates myself right now.
****in a bro! Goodmornings help for deads majorly I'm finding heavy sets for 3-5.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just compete, who cares if you win or lose the first time. Most of the top level lifters bombed in their first meets. Idk why ppl always wanna wait until they are at world record status to compete. Just do it, its one hell of a learning experience and will really open yours eyes up to what your numbers really are.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Just compete, who cares if you win or lose the first time. Most of the top level lifters bombed in their first meets. Idk why ppl always wanna wait until they are at world record status to compete. Just do it, its one hell of a learning experience and will really open yours eyes up to what your numbers really are.
i wish more people got this. my first meet was a small local meet with about 100 lifters. i won my weight class in the open division and i was only a class III lifter. my second meet was bigger and i won my weight class at that one with a class II total. it has totally motivated me to compete again and my only goal is to reach class I at this point. winning is just a perk.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i wish more people got this. my first meet was a small local meet with about 100 lifters. i won my weight class in the open division and i was only a class III lifter. my second meet was bigger and i won my weight class at that one with a class II total. it has totally motivated me to compete again and my only goal is to reach class I at this point. winning is just a perk.
Couldnt have said it better myself. Prime example why ppl should just enter one and get their feet wet.

My first meet was a smaller APF meet where I won my weight class in the junior div against no body. But it motivated me and showed me what I needed to work on. My second meet didnt go to well but I still took first against 3 other lifters in my weight class and junior division again showing me how much further ahead I am then I thought.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To add, you don't know how your body is going to handle the grind of a meet. Not only do you have 9 attempts on three lifts, but they can take nearly 10 hours to complete depending on the amount of lifters.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My first meet was the show me state games here in missouri, 146lbs DL 425lb and benched 215 <<<crap lol

beastMode47

Awards
Wasn't looking for complements. My bad. I just have a couple friends who compete at 220 and there numbers are clear over 1550 total. So I was curious. I use knee wraps but I don't wrap them tight and I use a 4" belt. That's all for the lifts.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My last meet lasted 10 hrs rodja, it was one hell of a brutal day and my numbers started to drop half way thru bench. Forced me to make very small jumps for attempts.

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
Yeah they can take for ever my first meet took for ever! Got there at 6am to weigh in and did my last pull at 730pm at Venice beach years ago. Your numbers look stout, if your gonna do a meet make sure you take 2-3 guys with you that can waite on you while there. Cuz if your tryinto stay in the game you don't want to havin to think about where is my bag or where is my water or now I need to get me food... Take them so they can do all the type stuff for you. Trust me it will make your day much easyer.

power205

power205

NLA Performance Athlete
Awards
Numbers look good Bro!! Make sure you know the rules before you go, open light to get in the show! Cant Perform if you arent in the show!!

Use it as a learning experience and set PR's all day long!!

Good luck & SFW

Jon M.
National and World Champion Powerlifter
Team P & I

NLA Performance: The Choice of Champions
www.nlaperformance.com
facebook.com/nlaperformance.com

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sage0607 Supplements 29
cruze1911r1 Nutrition / Health 68
Natural Bodybuilding 4
Pics 2