Easy Zercher Squat Pad Idea... with pics.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I posted this image in my log, and got blown up via PM with lifters asking about 'where I bought the Zercher pad from'...

Well, we actually stole it from a couch or something but the availability of pieces of foam like this is high. I would imagine even places like JoAnn Fabrics or Michael's would have something.

The small inner square piece is glued only on one side, and the bar fits snuggly in the V.

If you have questions, SHOOT. - You're tendons can thank me later.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
i use my axle and it helps a crap ton on zerchers.

shealym

Awards
glue

what type of glue works on foam. . . elmers??

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like the idea of foam. Right now I've just been using the harness. Works pretty well as the arms are almost completely taken out, so I can use it as a max effort exercise effectively. It just puts extra stress on my upper back, which isn't really a bad thing per se.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what type of glue works on foam. . . elmers??
I'm not 100% sure. I just texted my buddy that did it.

I like the idea of foam. Right now I've just been using the harness. Works pretty well as the arms are almost completely taken out, so I can use it as a max effort exercise effectively. It just puts extra stress on my upper back, which isn't really a bad thing per se.
Obviously the harness is superior, but also about 100x the cost. How sweet are those things though?!

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Obviously another option... but some do not have this available. Foam is cheap and easy!
true that. and my axle i got cost me 30 bucks as its pipe from home depot with some rubber pipe connectors for the stops for the plates. but ya, this idea is like a couple of bucks.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Obviously the harness is superior, but also about 100x the cost. How sweet are those things though?!
They're definitely nice. I haven't figured out how to use it for a front squat yet. Then again, I've never quite done a proper front squat, anyways, so learning form would probably be the best first step, lol.

As for the harness cost, lets just say I'm glad my gym has it and I don't have to worry about buying one.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm just using a standard BB back squat pad for my zerchers.