Easy Zercher Squat Pad Idea... with pics.

  1. Easy Zercher Squat Pad Idea... with pics.


    I posted this image in my log, and got blown up via PM with lifters asking about 'where I bought the Zercher pad from'...



    Well, we actually stole it from a couch or something but the availability of pieces of foam like this is high. I would imagine even places like JoAnn Fabrics or Michael's would have something.



    The small inner square piece is glued only on one side, and the bar fits snuggly in the V.

    If you have questions, SHOOT. - You're tendons can thank me later.
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //


  2. i use my axle and it helps a crap ton on zerchers.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post
    i use my axle and it helps a crap ton on zerchers.

    Obviously another option... but some do not have this available. Foam is cheap and easy!
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
    •   
       

  4. glue


    what type of glue works on foam. . . elmers??

  5. I like the idea of foam. Right now I've just been using the harness. Works pretty well as the arms are almost completely taken out, so I can use it as a max effort exercise effectively. It just puts extra stress on my upper back, which isn't really a bad thing per se.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

  6. Quote Originally Posted by shealym View Post
    what type of glue works on foam. . . elmers??
    I'm not 100% sure. I just texted my buddy that did it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    I like the idea of foam. Right now I've just been using the harness. Works pretty well as the arms are almost completely taken out, so I can use it as a max effort exercise effectively. It just puts extra stress on my upper back, which isn't really a bad thing per se.
    Obviously the harness is superior, but also about 100x the cost. How sweet are those things though?!
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

  7. Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    Obviously another option... but some do not have this available. Foam is cheap and easy!
    true that. and my axle i got cost me 30 bucks as its pipe from home depot with some rubber pipe connectors for the stops for the plates. but ya, this idea is like a couple of bucks.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    Obviously the harness is superior, but also about 100x the cost. How sweet are those things though?!
    They're definitely nice. I haven't figured out how to use it for a front squat yet. Then again, I've never quite done a proper front squat, anyways, so learning form would probably be the best first step, lol.

    As for the harness cost, lets just say I'm glad my gym has it and I don't have to worry about buying one.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

  9. I'm just using a standard BB back squat pad for my zerchers.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  10. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    I'm just using a standard BB back squat pad for my zerchers.
    Yep same here.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. HG's Poopy inspired epistane log - with pics
    By hardestgainer in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 01:08 PM
  2. Necro's AENutrition SteelEdge & IntraXCell Log (with pics)
    By Necromancer in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-05-2006, 08:40 AM
  3. Any sites with pics for step by step
    By asap nutrition in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 01:50 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 10:41 PM
  5. Zercher squats
    By socrates in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-28-2004, 06:09 PM
Log in
Log in