Olympic Lifting Shoes - AnabolicMinds.com

Olympic Lifting Shoes

1. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Olympic Lifting Shoes

Hey guys,

I'm looking into purchasing a new pair of Olympic lifting shoes. I am torn between a few pairs and I would like to get opinions from the board.

I'm looking at these three:

1. Risto Cobras
    2. Nike Romaleos 2
    3. Adidas AdiPOWER

If you guys have experience with these shoes or any others, please let me know how you like them.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  252 lbs.

Stay away from Risto, they tear up too fast and their customer service sucks. The eyelets pulled out of my shoes within 30 days and they wouldn't replace them. It's a toss up between the Adidas or Nikes - try checking out wlshoes.com and reading some user input there, may help.
  3. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by thoward View Post
    Stay away from Risto, they tear up too fast and their customer service sucks. The eyelets pulled out of my shoes within 30 days and they wouldn't replace them. It's a toss up between the Adidas or Nikes - try checking out wlshoes.com and reading some user input there, may help.
    Thanks for the reply. That is the info I was seeking. I actually narrowed it down between the Adidas and Nikes just before I read your post. However, it definitely solidified my decision.

I'll check out that website, too. Thanks.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

I was just going to post something like this. I am about to get some ramoleo 2. As far as between them and the Adidas I think they are a little wider and the they also have two wraps so your foot gets locked in better. I had the rogue do-wins and loved them but want to get the Nikes now. The only other hard part is finding them.
  5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by badfish21981 View Post
    I was just going to post something like this. I am about to get some ramoleo 2. As far as between them and the Adidas I think they are a little wider and the they also have two wraps so your foot gets locked in better. I had the rogue do-wins and loved them but want to get the Nikes now. The only other hard part is finding them.
    It's like finding a needle in a haystack. But, there are some places that carry them. I was actually thinking of the Adidas since they are a bit narrower. I don't want my foot moving around in the Romaleos. I do like the two straps, though.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Rogue fitness has the nikes in stock now for 189 and free shipping. Just ordered my pair.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Subbed for answers. I posted something similar looking for the toed shoes and was sold on Vibram Komodos. Obviously a different kind of shoe but just throwing it out there that I like deadlifting and leg days in em.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  8. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by badfish21981 View Post
    Rogue fitness has the nikes in stock now for 189 and free shipping. Just ordered my pair.
    Sidelined with an injury. Holding off on the purchase until I am completely healed. Still stuck between the adipowers and romaleos 2
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    Subbed for answers. I posted something similar looking for the toed shoes and was sold on Vibram Komodos. Obviously a different kind of shoe but just throwing it out there that I like deadlifting and leg days in em.
    Yup! I have the five fingers squats, deads, legs and running will never be the same. Nor will I purchase any other type of shoe with the intended purpose of fitness.
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I would give a slight edge to the Adidas over the Nikes. Though both are solid oly shoes.

Keep us posted to what you get and how you like them. My rogue do-winns will need replacing before too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez

Yup! I have the five fingers squats, deads, legs and running will never be the same. Nor will I purchase any other type of shoe with the intended purpose of fitness.
    If the OP is purchasing oly shoes specifically for Olympic lifting then five fingers are not a good suggestion. Not knocking them as I have a pair and love them, but oly shoes are designed the way they are for a reason and obviously five fingers don't fit that bill.

ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  12. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    I would give a slight edge to the Adidas over the Nikes. Though both are solid oly shoes.

Keep us posted to what you get and how you like them. My rogue do-winns will need replacing before too long.

I have been leaning towards Adidas because I have heard that they are a bit narrower in the toe box. I don't want a lot of room in my toes, as the Nikes seem to have.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Exactly.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat

If the OP is purchasing oly shoes specifically for Olympic lifting then five fingers are not a good suggestion. Not knocking them as I have a pair and love them, but oly shoes are designed the way they are for a reason and obviously five fingers don't fit that bill.

I was agreeing with the post I quoted, not recommending five fingers as an olympic shoe.
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    I was agreeing with the post I quoted, not recommending five fingers as an olympic shoe.
    Same. It was just a thought for the OP on future ideas. I lean more towards Adidas but either option is good to me. At that point just pick what looks cooler.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  16. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Same. It was just a thought for the OP on future ideas. I lean more towards Adidas but either option is good to me. At that point just pick what looks cooler.
    Thanks, guys. I think I'm going to get the Adidas AdiPowers.
  17. Senior Member

Hey fellas,

I purchased the AdiPowers on Monday during Adidas' Cyber Monday deal. I purchased them for $160. I couldn't pass up that deal.
  18. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    Hey fellas,

I purchased the AdiPowers on Monday during Adidas' Cyber Monday deal. I purchased them for $160. I couldn't pass up that deal.
    Got a pair of these several months back. Absolutely love them. Nice purchase and deal.
  19. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Got a pair of these several months back. Absolutely love them. Nice purchase and deal.
    I used them for the first time during my full lifts yesterday, and I am pleased. They felt nice and snug, and not too much room in the toe box. I don't like my feet sliding around when I go to jerk.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Weight Lifting Shoes 101
    By kabuki in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 08:50 PM
  2. Squatting/Dead lift/ Weight lifting shoes
    By paulygon in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 11:40 AM
  3. Olympic Lifts for Bodybuilding?
    By Hank Vangut in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 16