Spreading the bar on bench press
- 04-01-2012, 10:52 AM
- 04-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Yep just pull apart as hard as you can while lowering the bar.. A good way to practice is using just the bar with an elastic band around your wrists and then switch to light weight..your bench is gonna shoot up once yu master it.. Theres actually a good article with videos on this sight.ill try to find it
- 04-06-2012, 02:38 PM
ok thanks a lot man that would help a lot. so you only spread when your lowering ther bar not pushing up?
04-07-2012, 08:57 AM
A lot of people spread throughout the entire lift i spread it on the way down jus squeez tight and drive my shoulders through the bench. Try it and see wat works best for you
04-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Also... Drive off of the outside of your palms, some may spin their hands out a tad and sit the weight right at the cap of their ulna bone. This tremendously helped me. Lead with the outsides of your hands.
04-14-2012, 05:45 PM
ok ok gotcha ive been doing the band around my wrists on every set of bench except my heaviest one, im doing madcow 5x5, and its been helping a lot already
04-14-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm going to have to try the band trick, sounds like a good idea.
04-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Swanson52 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 10Last Post: 02-09-2013, 12:13 AM
- By butrybench555 in forum General ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 01-08-2012, 12:55 AM
- By at1010 in forum Training ForumReplies: 11Last Post: 09-20-2009, 04:53 PM
- By Wolfe08 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 4Last Post: 06-11-2005, 07:03 PM
- By HUGE in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 17Last Post: 03-29-2005, 02:27 PM