- 03-10-2012, 08:52 PM
- 03-10-2012, 09:48 PM
You're incredibly close to parallel, but just short of it. It looks like your back really starts to lose tightness in those last 2 or 3 reps, and you definitely begin to round your lower back a little. I can't see what you're doing with your head/neck, but be sure and keep it a neutral position relative to rest of your spine.
Here are a few cues that really help me maintain proper form above the hips during the movement:
- neck neutral
- shoulder blades pulled back and tight
- elbows pulled back and in
- low back arched and tight
03-12-2012, 11:02 AM
work that upper back. do lots and lots of facepulls 2-3 times a week.
you can also try some goodmornings and front squats.
those should help prevent you from leaning too far forward.
you can call me "ozzie" for short.
03-15-2012, 03:07 PM
In my opinion... and please view these as 100% positive.
- Less thinking about it. It took you 30 seconds to get set-up. The bar isn't moving. Get under there, walk out, squat. boom!
- Sit back a tad more, drive off your heels and drive toward the outside of your foot. On a rep or two you can see your heels come up. No good.
- More glute work. Do you do glute bridges? Have access to kettlebells? You need to get your posterior chain firing and line, and you'll be set.
Good work bro...
03-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Do you ever do any box squats? That might help you sitting back and gettin used to pushing up through your heels. I agree with borobulker in that one of the first things I noticed was the heels. Sit back, sit deep, and trust your glutes.
03-20-2012, 12:23 PM
03-22-2012, 09:42 PM
I think your close to parallel also. You just need to push yourself to really go that extra degree. That's where the winners are made
03-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, taking i took it all into consideration, heres what i came up with
04-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By athletor in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 01-06-2010, 12:30 PM
- By brownstown89 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 31Last Post: 10-29-2009, 04:32 PM
- By goleafsgo1216 in forum Training ForumReplies: 17Last Post: 04-30-2009, 10:49 PM
- By underdog13 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 16Last Post: 04-11-2009, 08:11 PM
- By BLACK747 in forum Workout LogsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-24-2007, 07:45 PM