What sort of collars are best? New here, wondering...

Geist

Geist

Awards
I got a York 7ft 45lb bar I got a while back, I got a pair of unknown brand generic collars...there the 'screw' type collars prolly pressure ring type but they don't have that metal part on the inside new types have. I think there decent and hold the plates just I think they'll mar up the sleeve surface, dose it matter? Was thinking of getting a new pair of updated collars, I don't know if these old things are good or what counts as a good collar. I see several different kinds on Iron Co...just dunno whats good. I lift out doors and in a unheated un ac'd garage on concrete cave man style, so I'm not fancy and don't care to be, just want to know if I'm good and if not I wanna know what could be recommended by a veteran.

I did a search but found nothing much on the direct topic in question for me, sorry if this post is any trouble new here and did a search but thought my best bet would be a thread. Thanks in advance for any and all advice and help! I do mostly deads atm, if that helps.

joeblow1

Awards
I got a York 7ft 45lb bar I got a while back, I got a pair of unknown brand generic collars...there the 'screw' type collars prolly pressure ring type but they don't have that metal part on the inside new types have. I think there decent and hold the plates just I think they'll mar up the sleeve surface, dose it matter? Was thinking of getting a new pair of updated collars, I don't know if these old things are good or what counts as a good collar. I see several different kinds on Iron Co...just dunno whats good. I lift out doors and in a unheated un ac'd garage on concrete cave man style, so I'm not fancy and don't care to be, just want to know if I'm good and if not I wanna know what could be recommended by a veteran.

I did a search but found nothing much on the direct topic in question for me, sorry if this post is any trouble new here and did a search but thought my best bet would be a thread. Thanks in advance for any and all advice and help! I do mostly deads atm, if that helps.
Go to elitefts.com and get some proloc collars. They are top quality and easy to use. You can get a pair for $40 and they will hold up to any punishment you can put them through.

Geist

Geist

Awards
Hey cool thanks for the tip, I'll go take a look and very likely nab a set. New to these boards so, didn't know to make a thread that's specific of what so. Thanks again!

joeblow1

Awards
Hey cool thanks for the tip, I'll go take a look and very likely nab a set. New to these boards so, didn't know to make a thread that's specific of what so. Thanks again!
No problem. Elitefts is a great company that sells just about anything a athlete needs. All of there products are top quality and I frequently purchase items there.

Geist

Geist

Awards
I seen that, thanks for the big heads up looks like an awesome place!