405lbs deadlift @ 150lbs, PLing meet worthy?

superkid

Awards
Hey guys

Im new to competitive powerlifting, but I've recently started a powerlifting routine. Can someone tell me how the weight classes work? would I be able to in compete in just pulls? (bp is pretty weak atm and max squat is only around 280-290lbs). Is it even worth entering with a 405dl or do I never to be much stronger to have a chance of winning?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know the answer to your question but if I was in your situation I would first look for a book on the subject.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
You could look for comps that just do pull. Look on powerliftingwatch.com and you should be able to find one. I say go for it man. Test your limits and gain knowledge. I don't think anyone will judge you. Give it a shot and see what you think.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
so you want to win the first time out? or do you want to do a powerlifting meet?

if you want to win make sure you go to some obscure meet with hardly any entrees. maybe like an unsanctioned meet.

if you want to compete get in there and do it. meet other lifters. get some advice. find a new weakpoint. and learn to train better for your next meet. rinse and repeat till you win.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
check out totals for class 1-4 master and elite in a specific weight class

sq+bp+dl= total. the higher the better

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
As long as your using proper form you won't embarrass your self. Compete for the experience you may not win but have fun! Let us know how you do.

Strength Goal

Awards
Enter, and keep entering new ones. They will give you motivation to get stronger and stronger as the competition date looms. Don't worry about the weight. That's fine for a beginner. I am basically paraphrasing what Pavel, a Russian strength and sport conditioning expert says in an article about power training. google: 80/20 pavel
for more information and good luck!