Doggcrapp Routine

njsurfer507

Awards
anyone ever hear of this program. been researching it a bit and thinking about giving it a try next week to shock my muscles

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i started it about 6 weeks ago. i have never done a 3 day routine before other than 5x5. i am a 4 day split kinda guy. high volume, super sets, normal split kinda trainer.

well i started to plateau....and i began research on different types of routines and feedback on them. DC training kept coming back to me so i did a week of research on it to fully understand it.

well after three weeks of DC, i went back to my normal split to see how much stronger/weaker DC had made me. My bench went up about 15 pounds in three weeks from it. that was the most noticeable exercise.

what im trying to say is, yes. if you have experience in training and understand DC, then give in a shot. i am in love with it and i will keep it in my bag of routines i cycle throughout the year.

njsurfer507

Awards
thanks man, i saw your reply in my other post about a comeback workout and had to check out the dc program.

i think i understand the routine pretty good but just got some questions. lets say for chest ill start off with bench press for tonight. after my first set i should take 12-15 good breaths and than go to failure again? what should be a good rep range i should shoot at for my first set. ive been seeing people say 10-12 and also seein others say 8.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For your first set (like first week) go for 9+ reps on the first set. You want to definitely hit a total of 15 rest-pause reps on your first set, either beginning the program or after a cruise, so that you can work the weight up from there. pretty easily. DC really shines if you stick with it and do it for a long period of time. The exception is squatting, as the results start coming in immediately.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also, DC training is really only for the truly driven lifter. You should be very experienced with intense lifting routines before you try this out. This is a balls to the wall program, so if you don't go all the way you wont see the results.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm possibly looking for a routine that's more advanced than Starting Strength / 5x5 but more aggressive than 5/3/1 for strength gains.

Would DC be it for me? I need something that will give me good strong fast strength gains for 6+ months. I am too advanced now for starting strength but definitely have not plateaud enough for 5/3/1, and can gain strength faster now than that program will allow for. Any thoughts in here on this? I train at a powerlifting gym btw.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
i did DC for a while, wasnt a fan.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive made significant strength gains on DC. but i dont do it exactly how its supposed to be done. this is how i do it. Example: Day 1

Incline Bench - first set 12 reps warm up second set 10 reps (not failure) 3rd set 8 reps to failure (12 deep breaths) 4th set 4 reps (12 breaths) 5th set 2 reps with a static pause as long as i can hold it

reverse grip flat bench (^^^^^^same as above)

Squats (^^^same as above)

now since i will do the same body parts on Friday, I will stop here. if this was my wednesday workout, i would add flys for chest and another accessory tricep movement along with calf raises.

i follow the same principles as DC, just modified a bit to fit my body the way i like it.

if u want me to do the next day i will. just ask.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I do DC stretches but haven't tried the routine. It's based around 3 days? Sounds like high volume still..but if it still gives solid strength gains then maybe worth looking into for me

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do DC stretches but haven't tried the routine. It's based around 3 days? Sounds like high volume still..but if it still gives solid strength gains then maybe worth looking into for me
Well, for the upper body it's like 1 rest-paused set of 15 reps per body part ... not really high volume. Though for some muscles there is some degree of volume work. After doing benching and overhead pressing, your triceps have been worked twice indirectly, so when you do your RP set for triceps it's enough volume.

Based on what you said you might be really interested in this. It does give good strength gains. I'm still looking forward to hitting 2 plates on incline for 10+ reps in 3-4 weeks. I remember barely being able to do 4 before DC, and maxing out on either 235 or 245, hah.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
DC definitely gave me some size. Most important things are to do the stretches after lifting, rest-pauses on the last set of each exercise, and beat the log book.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
DC definitely gave me some size. Most important things are to do the stretches after lifting, rest-pauses on the last set of each exercise, and beat the log book.
its rest pause on all sets except back thickness and most leg exercises

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
its low volume extrememly high intensity, done properly

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
thanks man, i saw your reply in my other post about a comeback workout and had to check out the dc program.

i think i understand the routine pretty good but just got some questions. lets say for chest ill start off with bench press for tonight. after my first set i should take 12-15 good breaths and than go to failure again? what should be a good rep range i should shoot at for my first set. ive been seeing people say 10-12 and also seein others say 8.
its not really based on 1st set of rp set but total reps per rp set although having an idea of where you want to start is ok. for me. im a little older so i folow dantes advice and shoot for higher total reps per rp set. i dont go for a specific number of reps on 1st set but i do aim for somewhere in the 12-15. my total rp set is in the 18-25 range.

for younger guys lets say 25-40 ive seen total reps per rp set in the 10-15 range so getting 8 on the 1st part of the set would be right on the money

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with everything ambulldog pointed out. Atleast that is how I read it as.

I actually started this back up recently. My only complaint about it in the past was that I gained too much weight. Running the Lean Gains diet with it now and I think they will work together well. So far my workouts have been great. DC is great if you want to be big and strong. I swear I got stronger because my body knew I am running DC lol.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hahahahahaha that made me laugh. ive def seen strength increase. waiting on that dang size to come!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
its rest pause on all sets except back thickness and most leg exercises
DC is just a set of principles. You can apply them however you wish. What I posted above worked just fine. I remember Dante saying that progression and the stretching were the most important things