Powerlifting diet

Page 3 of 3 First 123

  1. The prices of AA's are rising right now. Bc I'm a cheap ass, I'm just sticking to 5g of Leucine with my pre-WO concoction.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys



  2. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    The prices of AA's are rising right now. Bc I'm a cheap ass, I'm just sticking to 5g of Leucine with my pre-WO concoction.
    Yea I figure as long as your not dosing luecine at a crazy dose you should be okay so long as your overall protein intake has enough of the other bcaas.
    RecoverBro ELITE
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Turnitup122

    lol dude just gotta stretch the stomache out. im on leangains and my postworkout meal is 2000 calories which is basically consisting of a ton of oats, a sweet potatoe, and chicken. barbeque sauce on the chicken helps alot with getting all that down.
    btw do any of you powerlifters on leangains train fasted? i feel so much stronger when i do
    Just realized iv been measuring oats by the cup when I thought I was using a half cup. So that almost doubles my carbs.. That's like almost 3000 cals in one meal. Im a friggin beast!
    Sorry just had to tell someone. Carry on. lol
    you can lead a man to knowledge, but you cant make him think.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    What brand EAA do you use? Or is it just bulk?
    I always use MST's RPG. Best tasting around and pretty good profile, also uses no artificial colors or dyes

    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/m...-servings.html

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Turnitup122 View Post
    lol dude just gotta stretch the stomache out. im on leangains and my postworkout meal is 2000 calories which is basically consisting of a ton of oats, a sweet potatoe, and chicken. barbeque sauce on the chicken helps alot with getting all that down.
    btw do any of you powerlifters on leangains train fasted? i feel so much stronger when i do
    Not Powerlifter, but I'm a strength athlete. I always train fasted
    ACSM-CPT
    •   
       


  6. Btw would having more intra muscular fat make for better strength because of the leverage it gives in relation to the bone? Like is that why alotta powerlifters let themselves get chubby?
    you can lead a man to knowledge, but you cant make him think.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Turnitup122 View Post
    Btw would having more intra muscular fat make for better strength because of the leverage it gives in relation to the bone? Like is that why alotta powerlifters let themselves get chubby?
    Athletes are going to have a higher amount of intra-muscular triglycerides, but the reason some PL'ers are in the higher BF% is because of the mentality that you have to get as big as you can to lift the most weight.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  8. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Athletes are going to have a higher amount of intra-muscular triglycerides, but the reason some PL'ers are in the higher BF% is because of the mentality that you have to get as big as you can to lift the most weight.
    Back when I trained with a very well known crew (I will leave the name out) I was told do to my height of 6 foot I must stay at least 300lbs to be any good. I am actually much better at the 210-220 range.
    ACSM-CPT

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Steelwolf View Post
    Back when I trained with a very well known crew (I will leave the name out) I was told do to my height of 6 foot I must stay at least 300lbs to be any good. I am actually much better at the 210-220 range.
    You're also very young and didn't train at that weight long enough to give it a true assessment.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  10. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You're also very young and didn't train at that weight long enough to give it a true assessment.
    I trained at that weight (300lb) for 5 years. I have been this weight for one year, and I perform much better here.
    ACSM-CPT

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Steelwolf View Post
    I trained at that weight (300lb) for 5 years. I have been this weight for one year, and I perform much better here.
    But as I said, you're still very, very young. Hell, you're barely out of the Juniors category and you've even said that you don't train with barbells anymore, so how would you really know?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  12. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    But as I said, you're still very, very young. Hell, you're barely out of the Juniors category and you've even said that you don't train with barbells anymore, so how would you really know?
    I did up until 6 months ago and I am stronger using a barbell than when I was training with them.
    ACSM-CPT

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Steelwolf View Post
    I did up until 6 months ago and I am stronger using a barbell than when I was training with them.
    Come again? Can you re-word that sentence because you lost me? Are you saying that you're stronger now than when you were training with the team? If so, why are surprised? You're older and not even close to being at your strongest. All I'm saying is that you can't put much stock into what you could or could not accomplish while you're young and inexperienced.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. IF and powerlifting
    By SweetLou321 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2011, 12:47 AM
  2. How to Add Cardio and Diet to Your Powerlifting Regimen
    By Future in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 01:56 AM
  3. Everyone What do you think Powerlifting at its best
    By 2475 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 01:17 PM
  4. powerlifting
    By njc5044 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-09-2008, 01:24 PM
  5. New to powerlifting
    By Spectre32 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Log in
Log in