crossfittb

Awards
Darian Barnett
age 17
Body Weight 167 lbs.
340 lb Overhead Squat
2 x's Body Weight

Check it out on YouTube.
Type in 17 yr. old 340 lb. Overhead Squat to see video.

Unfortunately I am new here and have not posted enough to be allowed to add video links yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Raw Lifts:
Squat 512
Front Squat 300
Overhead Squat 340
Bench 305
Deadlift 551
Push Jerk 315
Snatch 205
Clean N Jerk 260
Strongman Yoke Carry 550
Stone Lifts 200, 220, 240, 260, & 280 medly

Reactions: oli

firstmark

Awards
Thats an impressive overhead squat you have there.

ViKtoricus

ViKtoricus

Awards
I'd like to see the video sometime soon.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This was pretty impressive, I didn't realize it said OVERHEAD, and was just expecting a squat. Pretty sick man, good stuff!!!

I'd like to see the video sometime soon.
uhhh search on google man.. it's on youtube

joeblow1

Awards
Darian Barnett
age 17
Body Weight 167 lbs.
340 lb Overhead Squat
2 x's Body Weight

Check it out on YouTube.
Type in 17 yr. old 340 lb. Overhead Squat to see video.

Unfortunately I am new here and have not posted enough to be allowed to add video links yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Raw Lifts:
Squat 512
Front Squat 300
Overhead Squat 340
Bench 305
Deadlift 551
Push Jerk 315
Snatch 205
Clean N Jerk 260
Strongman Yoke Carry 550
Stone Lifts 200, 220, 240, 260, & 280 medly
I never heard of an overhead squat so I watched the vid. I gotta say thats crazy as hell, but impressive. It takes some balls to hold that over your head knowing it could crush your skull and paralyze or kill you. I dont know who invented that but i would not advocate continuing it. From your stats your pretty strong and have a good future in lifting. But this movement is dangerous and i dont see the benefits out weighing the risks. But your gonna do what you gotta do, just be careful and invest in a helmet.

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
Joeblow I hope you are taking the p1ss. 'Who invented it'? 'Stop doing it'? And my favourite 'wear a helmet'. Really? Cool story bro....

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
You should contact the IOC with your concerns and get them to scrap the snatch from weightlifting then on the grounds that you don't see the point in it

joeblow1

Awards
You should contact the IOC with your concerns and get them to scrap the snatch from weightlifting then on the grounds that you don't see the point in it
If your gonna do the snatch than start on the ground. It doesnt make sense to start from a rack. Walking around holding 340 over your head is not smart. If this is supposed to build the squat then just squat.

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, not going to say anymore about what I think of your comments. Too stupid for words just about sums it up

joeblow1

Awards
Sorry, not going to say anymore about what I think of your comments. Too stupid for words just about sums it up
No need to the only facts that matter is i dont do stupid **** like this and I can out squat, bench, and deadlift over 99% of the population. Enough said.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No need to the only facts that matter is i dont do stupid **** like this and I can out squat, bench, and deadlift over 99% of the population. Enough said.
With practice, coaching, skill, and the right equipment it is not a dangerous lift. Not any more than a bench press which can fall and crush your sternum, probably less, since you can step out of the way if you are failing on an OH squat.

The purpose of the exercise is to IMPROVE the snatch lift. Go to a college or professional weight room and you will see numerous athletes doing OH squats. Its a great exercise with a lot of benefits that you don't reap by doing a regular back squat.

Again, the caveat is it takes moblity and strength, as well as good coaching of correct skill to perform.

Br

napalm

napalm

Awards
just wanted to say before the pissing contest starts, very impressive young man. with some work you have a great future

well done...

AdtheRock

Awards
Great numbers, keep at it. I like seeing young guys doing core lifts, a lot of younger lifters do not utilize powerlifting. Continue on your path, and stay focused. I only see your numbers rising, good luck. Keep us updated.

muscleshreder

muscleshreder

Awards
Wow talk about impressive! 167lbs w/ 340lbs OH Squat.

Technique must be great, focus must be on point, pep talk must have been given, pwo must be in use, motivation has to be 20 on scale 1-10 :) very impressive

-MShreder
Dont karate slap my post