PROBLEM - AnabolicMinds.com

PROBLEM

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  178 lbs.

PROBLEM

alright so i have this pain in my shoulder and it kills whenever i bench and sometimes just moving and putting weight on it. i have locate where the pain is and its on the top part of the shoulder right where that bone that sticks out is. I put up 365 on the bench on saturday, but i went through unbelievable pain to do it. I have a competition a few months away and idk what to do. I can't stop but I need this pain to go away...its been going on for a few months now. Anyone?
    I do because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't.

BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA!!

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.

Try dumbbells, bench on a smith machine, or hammer machine. Your gonna have to change the pressure point in your shoulder and varying the exercise is the best way to do so. If pain continues, you need to get it looked at. Theres no need in hurting yourself at a young age and having to deal with it when your older.
    Anabolic Designs Represenative
    Perform and Transform
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/171721-boagrius-logging-pes.html
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I have the same pain, but not when i press, only on wg chins. My doc said it is an acl injury or something like that. Id suggest changing your grip on bench and see what does not bother it and what does, cissus, and rest will help too.
    •   

4. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Mutant View Post
    alright so i have this pain in my shoulder and it kills whenever i bench and sometimes just moving and putting weight on it. i have locate where the pain is and its on the top part of the shoulder right where that bone that sticks out is. I put up 365 on the bench on saturday, but i went through unbelievable pain to do it. I have a competition a few months away and idk what to do. I can't stop but I need this pain to go away...its been going on for a few months now. Anyone?
    http://www.activerelease.com/

I personally have never had a treatment but have heard nothing but good stuff about it. Give it a shot
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.

How is your bench form? try bringing your elbows in closer to your torso while pressing. it will put more stress on the tricep, but should be better for the shoulder
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I feel if he is doing a powerlifting bench form it should take a lot of shoulder rotation out of it and not cause as much pain. Do like baker suggests
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.

I would try to tuck your elbows a little more during the lift and try to work in some board presses instead of flat bench, this should eliminate some shoulder rotation and save on the pain. You can also throw in floor presses as well.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

I have this and I been dealt with it for about 2 months before I broke down and got x-ray and MRI. I thought i tore something,but I was told its the AC joint that is inflamed and pressing on the top shoulder causing them to rub against the joint (something like that).

Got some hardcore anti inflammatory meds and seems to be under control the pain is small , but the drug is supressing it. I still am wary of benching because I know its still there

Similar Forum Threads

1. Serious Problem
    By ugasoccer22 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 07:32 AM
  2. serious problem help please!
    By Drjuicebox06 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-06-2009, 10:15 AM
  3. Anyone ever have this problem?
    By srocco112 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19