Bench Shirt

Swift

Awards
What's a good bench shirt for just everyday lifting.I want to use a shirt to prevent injury.

jlinteris

jlinteris

Awards
What's a good bench shirt for just everyday lifting.I want to use a shirt to prevent injury.
Go onto a site like powerlifting.ca or ebay and pick up a USED shirt that is too large. Remember though that using a shirt daily will work your triceps harder than normal but will work your chest less. The shirt supports the lower end of the lift. I say get a used on because the chest plate will be stretched so you will be able to jump right into full ROM presses without breaking it in. A better idea than a bench shirt is to get the newly made 'slingshot' that was designed by Mark Bell. This is 10x faster, 10x more convenient than a bench shirt and your raw lifts can actually increase using this regularily.
http://www.howmuchyabench.net/
There are users all over youtube. Check it out.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Go with the slingshot, way better for what you're looking to do. It doesn't alter your form at all and it is safer to use that if your lifting alone then using a bench shirt. Titan is coming out with there own version of the slingshot too but I am not sure when. The slingshot will allow you to handle about 10% more than your current max as well which is great for overloading the CNS.

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
I think the slingshot could work well also. You could also simply buy the cheapest old model inzer blast shirt a couple size too big. Cut the back out so it's easy to get on and off and you are good to go.
I would caution you against becoming too reliant on these types of things. You don't want mask any injuries or imbalances by adding a bench shirt. Make to do at least some training without it and address any injury issues before they get out of hand.

squatmonster

Awards
I agree the slingshot is really helpful especially for more than once a week benching . Plus easier to use than a bench shirt .

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Slingshot for sure. I really dont not advise the shirt, coming from someone who competed in powerlifting for awhile