- 03-02-2011, 12:52 PM
I have a friend who wants to get into powerlifting after football.. but doesn't know where exactly to start.. His total max weight is about 1700 (bench+squat+dl).. any suggestions? Unfortunately I can't post a video link of him because I'm new to the site, but if you go to youtube and type in "Michael "Rambo" Baker Squat Max" you can find an impressive video of him.
Please let me know what you think.
(I've notice a search problem on youtube, so if what I put above doesn't work try the username it's posted under: TNTechOL2011)
- 03-02-2011, 01:22 PM
To be honest with you, the guy with his arms wrapped around him probably helps him with the last 2 or 3 reps...what are the guys physical stats?
- 03-02-2011, 02:23 PM
cant use a spotter in a meet lol. his knees were caving and was not deep enough. time for some form work.
03-02-2011, 02:32 PM
The best thing for him will be to take a year to perfect his form under the careful eye of an experienced PL'er.
M.Ed. Ex Phys
03-30-2011, 03:30 AM
03-30-2011, 03:34 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Whacked in forum Driven SportsReplies: 7Last Post: 04-10-2011, 11:45 PM
- By prld2gr8ns in forum General ChatReplies: 29Last Post: 07-23-2009, 08:50 AM
- By underdog13 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 16Last Post: 04-11-2009, 08:11 PM
- By Beelzebub in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 37Last Post: 01-19-2006, 03:43 PM
- By bullfx in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 6Last Post: 04-27-2004, 02:11 AM