Would these lifts be competitive at a powerlifting meet(Raw)

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
I am currently 228 lbs, looking to possibly do a power meet in May. So I have about 3 months to prepare still. My raw deadlift is 600 lbs, squat probably around 550 (w/out knee wraps) and bench press at 420. So I suppose around a 1500-1600 lb total. Is this a decent total for a raw lifter at an amateur meet? I have no idea, I've done bodybuilding contests for the past 10 yrs, powerlifting is totally new to me. Also, I enjoy training heavy but the whole Westside style of training is boring to me. I still train with reps, but what I'm doing different now is beginning my workout with either bench, squat or deadlift, and working in a rep range of 5-8. As the show gets closer I will do sets of 3-5 probably. My bodyfat is single digit still, I still perform cardio 3x/wk. Would like to stay under 10% bf really, just bored with bodybuilding lately

maxwkw

Awards
go for it. Your numbers are good, besides, what have you got to lose?

Hustlers

Hustlers

Awards
  • Established
yeah id say ur numbers are great, the only way i see u getting jerked around is if they judge dividing ur BW into each lift. In thst case a guy who is even 10-20lbs lighter because his physique isnt loaded with aesthetic mass could be as strong or stronger. Id say **** it and dive in U'll do well 3 weeks before the comp see if u can dry out without losing strength. maintain and then carb up with yams and get ur water back on after weigh ins. (glyco maize or glycobol would b a good product for manipulating weight gains)

Nman

Nman

Awards
You'd do really good with those weight! Do you know what federation the meet is? if so look at that Federation's site for the records.

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
it's APF, and news to me but friend told me I can wear knee wraps on squats competing raw