Awards
  • Established
1 Rep away from a Hernia. That's dangerous stuff

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
1 Rep away from a Hernia. That's dangerous stuff
Actually I entirely disagree. I train without a belt. I do tons of odd object work. 100% raw is my motto including no belt unless competing

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The weight is far too low on your torso. You need to have more on your chest than your abs to give it the proper ROM.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
The weight is far too low on your torso. You need to have more on your chest than your abs to give it the proper ROM.
This...hold the weight above your head, or behind your head...then report back.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
I notice everyone has way to correct this or make this more difficult. I would enjoy seeing everyone duplicate this if it is so easy.

I have done 90 behind the head for a triple also. Try it with those plates they will roll low on the body.

ntornado

Awards
Thats impressive and all but are you ever going to do it again? What is the point of it?

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
really dont see the point, 270 lbs on your chest is restricting your breathing and abs done properly requires breathing during the set. The large plates limit your range of motion, and on top of that the abs are not large muscles made to move 300 lbs on top of your bodyweight. You would be better off doing sets of 20 reps with your bodyweight or hands next to your head. Not trying to steal your thunder here, but it looks like mistake getting into those.

Iron_Mutant

Iron_Mutant

Awards
Impressive stuff right there...i have a cousin that does 490 x 5 times. he really is the definition of an animal..he takes no supplements and has two herniated discs...regardless anyone that does these is really amazing :arms:

might as well include the video lol

youtube.com/watch?v=B6_I9HpYvDM

Last edited:
ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd caution the guy against pulling a muscle in his neck in the first video. Each rep his head turns to the left. During lifting you can easily strain neck muscles by not keeping the head straight.

Br

dico31

Awards
anyone else think some of the plates are not real seen as he only has a women holding him down lol

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
anyone else think some of the plates are not real seen as he only has a women holding him down lol
Do i need to duplicate it or something showing each plate. I'm pretty sure you can hear them. Mind you I did 150lbs without anyone holding me down so this was pretty easy And nice first post