Just set 2 American Records!!!!

Peckboy69

Awards
Set 2 American Records on sat in my USAPL competition!!!! 165lb raw collegiiate class. took first place...had a 352lb squat.....341lb bench and a 562lb deadlift....all raw.....will get the dead and squat link up tomorrow....hope to keep goin harder for next comp!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=ZCubWI6e6FM

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Congrats bro! Nice pull on the DL at your weight! I've been entered for the March 5/6 USAPL meet in Tumwater, WA but don't know if I can compete due to injuries (tendinitis left elbow, hip problems - seeing a physical therapist right now). I'm running in the 82.5 class RAW.

Peckboy69

Awards
hopr all works out well bro!!!!! i feel ya with the elbow.....my lower back is givin me problems...but once u see my deadlift vid u will understand y lol....i go conventional...and use all lower back...im gunna try sumo starting next week...im killing my lower back with the way i dead now...not good at 23 years old

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
Damn you're strong as hell lol

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Set 2 American Records on sat in my USAPL competition!!!! 165lb raw collegiiate class. took first place...had a 352lb squat.....341lb bench and a 562lb deadlift....all raw.....will get the dead and squat link up tomorrow....hope to keep goin harder for next comp!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=ZCubWI6e6FM

Fixed the video for ya bud and congrats on those lifts big guy! :clap:

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
hopr all works out well bro!!!!! i feel ya with the elbow.....my lower back is givin me problems...but once u see my deadlift vid u will understand y lol....i go conventional...and use all lower back...im gunna try sumo starting next week...im killing my lower back with the way i dead now...not good at 23 years old
LOL That's funny. I did the opposite and switched from sumo to conventional years back. If you're pulling conv all back, do you think you can move up? I would think the opposite since your SQ is much lower than your DL? Back then I had a SQ 435 and DL 480 (sumo), then switching to conv had me smashing 500+ within 3 months.

BTW At first it looked like you weren't going to get the lockout on the dead but good job bro!

Peckboy69

Awards
thanx fella's....i wanna get those up tomorrow....had work today.......i just hope i stay healthy and strong......hope to go somewhere with this in the future as long as i can stay at this weight and progress up in strength!!!

jlinteris

jlinteris

Awards
Nice lifts! 562@165 is monstrous even equipped. Raw makes it that much more impressive. You must have felt pretty unstoppable after that last pull.

jlinteris

jlinteris

Awards
you could bench alot more if you had proper form on the bench.
Just curious how this is not proper form? He is setting up, pulling his shoulder blades together, keeping his midsection tight and using leg drive. Form looks great to me and the results show he knows what is up.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
you could bench alot more if you had proper form on the bench.
And this comment is coming from a guy who weighs 200lbs and probably only benches 315lbs :dead1:

My form in competition is almost exactly the same as Peckboy's and I also compete in USAPL (RAW).

Swift

Awards
And this comment is coming from a guy who weighs 200lbs and probably only benches 315lbs :dead1:

My form in competition is almost exactly the same as Peckboy's and I also compete in USAPL (RAW).
Im not trying to criticize anybody.That bench form would be great in bodybuilding not powerlifting.There is no arch if you look in the video your elbow is going 2-3 inches past the bench which mean the bar is traveling to far lol maybe you need to read westside or some elite fts articles,but you probaly no more than they do so nvm.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Im not trying to criticize anybody.That bench form would be great in bodybuilding not powerlifting.There is no arch if you look in the video your elbow is going 2-3 inches past the bench which mean the bar is traveling to far lol maybe you need to read westside or some elite fts articles,but you probaly no more than they do so nvm.
shut your mouth fool

op great lifts !!

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
And you sure know a lot more than everyone else out there?! What org do you compete in? Or do you? Perhaps just a armchair powerlifter? Bottom line is that if it works for him, it works. He obviously is doing something right to set a record in his weight class.

Swift

Awards
And you sure know a lot more than everyone else out there?! What org do you compete in? Or do you? Perhaps just a armchair powerlifter? Bottom line is that if it works for him, it works. He obviously is doing something right to set a record in his weight class.[/QU

Ok bro,i benched the same way and i was benching 365 in 198s and i tore my minor pec twice,i started benching westside style my bench went up 25lbs and and i have no more pain.if you look at the other articles the same guy is having shoulder pains and the way he is describing its the same problem i had.Hes probably got a partial tear right now and can still train,but if its what i had hes going keep training and eventually completely tear it and not be able to bench for 3-4 months.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
And you sure know a lot more than everyone else out there?! What org do you compete in? Or do you? Perhaps just a armchair powerlifter? Bottom line is that if it works for him, it works. He obviously is doing something right to set a record in his weight class.[/QU

Ok bro,i benched the same way and i was benching 365 in 198s and i tore my minor pec twice,i started benching westside style my bench went up 25lbs and and i have no more pain.if you look at the other articles the same guy is having shoulder pains and the way he is describing its the same problem i had.Hes probably got a partial tear right now and can still train,but if its what i had hes going keep training and eventually completely tear it and not be able to bench for 3-4 months.
So everyone is built EXACTLY like you, right?! And you know for a fact that he has shoulder problems and a partial tear?! And you know for a fact that he will eventually completely tear it?! LOL Boy, are you so wrong bro! Everyone is NOT built like you! Get that sh!t through your head!

BTW 365 at 198lbs isn't anything to brag about!! Not even close!

Swift

Awards
365 + 25=390 and thats pretty good for only a year powerlifting at the age of 19.The guys a beast no doubt,just trying to prevent injuries much respect.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Seriously the guy sets American records and we have this?

Good job bud, impressive for your size or any size for sure!

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
365 + 25=390 and thats pretty good for only a year powerlifting at the age of 19.The guys a beast no doubt,just trying to prevent injuries much respect.

you are still talking out of your ass.... what did i tell you?!

STFU BITCH!

jlinteris

jlinteris

Awards
I used to be a competitive powerlifter. An arch simply reduces the range of motion. Some people can set up tight while trying to arch and not actually being ABLE to arch well. If I arch or DO NOT arch my bench numbers are identical. Only difference is my ass tends to lift with an arch so I stay flatter. It comes down to natural flexibility. This is not essential one bit to powerlifting. It looks like he tightens up to add an arch, and that is what he comes up with. His body is loaded with leg drive so it is perfect. As for the elbows going out, yeah he doesnt pull his elbows in like westside siggests. Westside is a single training facility in the entire world. So since westside says it, this is the way it is?? No! This elbows out style is a more conventional BB style for sure but if this is the movement that makes him generate power, this is his power movement for bench. End of story. This is what works for him. Google Greg Doucette. He is a CPU/IPF lifter and a competitive bodybuilder that I have competed against. He flares his elbows out huge in full bodybuilding style. He weighs 198 pounds, benches 275x32, 405x10, 507x2 paused and recently paused 521 raw in a competition at under 200 pounds. He competed in the raw unity meet and was the best bencher. The best bencher is a worldwide raw comp with flared arms..... just like his. I defend this guy because I deadlift conventional and stand really wide. Just like you offering 'tips' to this guy, people would constantly tell me my form was wrong and I was losing power blah, blah, blah. I was determined and finally pulled 600 like this. Then 650, then 700, 750, 765 and juuust missed 800. Everyones body is different, everyone produces leverage differently and everyone has a little different form then one another to make the most out of their lifts. Be a little more open minded in the future...

jlinteris

jlinteris

Awards
BTW Swift, this paragraph^ is not to make you look dumb by any means. Just perhaps to add a different point of view for ya :)

Swift

Awards
ya i guess i had a bad choice of wording.the guys a beast and i would hate to see him if get injured like i did wasn trying to down grade or criticize,but it is fact no matter who you are the lower the elbows are the more stress on the shoulders.