You Know You're a Powerlifter When......
- 12-22-2010, 09:16 AM
You Know You're a Powerlifter When......
Saw this somewhere else, should be fun:
- Plan Business trips by the gyms in that area.
- When you get a headache or bloody nose from tying your shoes.
- Get excited by popped blood vessels.
- When you consider anything above 4reps high.
- You admire the fresh marks left by your bench shirt!
- When you lift enough weight that people stop giving you
- 12-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Here are some of my own personal ones that I am proud yet ashamed of...
-You have bottles of Nose torque stashed around the house just in case.
-You have purchased the gallon sized bottle of Blue heat more than once.
-You don't have any pants, shoes, or shirts that look new and fit right but yet you have bench shirts and squat suits you have had tailored multiple times.
-You have considered moving to Columbus Ohio at least once a week.
-You save the cushions from old furniture so that you can squat to it.
- 12-22-2010, 09:42 AM
- use a mixed grip when operating a snow blower
- have huge arms & do no bicep iso exercises.
12-28-2010, 04:11 AM
Some i found funny
1. Chalk your back before a squat
2. There is a nice Bar sized brusie across your traps and your proud of it.
3.Commercial Gym Trainers keep asking when will you stop Bulking and start your cutting up phase.
4. if the first thing you ask when you hear some one say cut!..you ask if there all right.
5. If you need a bucket near by during squat day.
6. Instead of glasses of water with meals its beer.
7. you develop white lung from chalk and baby powder.
8. you would pay $$$$$ to see Dave tate bitch slap Tony Horton.
9. your upper back crampes from wipping your own ass.
10. you still move more weight on a deload week then the strongest guy in your gym.
11. if you've ever leaned over to kiss your significant other and your inner voice started yelling " tuck, tuck, tuck, belly, belly, tuck.
12. When you dislike walking in a parking lot more than driving in one, due to the fact it's so damn hard to fit between parked cars.
13. For three days after squat day you have to get psyched up to get out of your car.
14. You're ready to go out to a restaurant and your husband asks you which Westside shirt looks the best with his black sweatpants.
15.When steak and potatoes are considered diet food.
There plenty more , These always crack me up. gotta love the PL mentality!
12-28-2010, 12:02 PM
01-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Awesome! I love #2 There is a nice Bar sized brusie across your traps and your proud of it.
My girl always asks me what that bruise is and I just smile..
Can you imagine the reaction a powerlifter would get if a psychologist could get into our mind for one day ! He'd probably find a new profession. Haha
01-06-2011, 01:41 AM
01-06-2011, 09:13 AM
01-06-2011, 05:54 PM
anyway better contribute some more to this thread since im almost logging in it LMAO!!!
1. if you watch man vs food and think what a light weight
2. if you have ever turned down sex because your hips hurt from squating
3. if you have ever asked another man to help take off your shirt and not be gay
4. have a toliet made to match the height of your box squat
5. if diet advice to others is simple EAT MORE
6. you think it normal to allow another man to smack you in the face
7. if the doctor ask for a blood sample and you roll up your pants leg
8. you get pist when some one is using YOUR power rack
9. if you ever been mistaken for a large draft animal
10. if the large silver back gorilla at the zoo is afraid of you
11. If you get mad when your wife tells people you workout
12. you spend a considerable amount of time looking for parking spaces that are as close to your destination as possible, just to avoid that lower back pump from walking.
13. you count cutting your grass as GPP.
14. when you keep dropping your phone because your hands are so bloated.
15. your cholesterol exceeds your total.
16. you get winded eating.
17. when people see you eating they make jokes like " do you want more potatoes with your butter"
18.you think somethings wrong when you STOP constantly sweating.
01-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Yeah I try to only cut the grass on deload weeks otherwise it's just to much volume....
Muscle Pharm Rep
01-07-2011, 04:03 PM
01-07-2011, 10:10 PM
-when you are out drinking and go outside for a phone call people ask you what time the bar closes thinking you are a bouncer
- all your gym clothes are covered in chalk
- you walk like you are wearing a squat suit
- you have to get your wife to scratch certain parts of your back
- you can't sleep because you know you are going for a deadlift PR the next day
- every room is too warm, no matter the time of year
- people tell you they saw you on google earth
- your nickname is wardrobe/sloth/lurch/silverback
01-07-2011, 11:02 PM
01-14-2011, 05:03 PM
01-14-2011, 05:36 PM
01-25-2011, 07:58 PM
03-24-2011, 03:05 PM
-when people (especially females)touch your shoulder and are amazed at the fact that its solid mass and not 'fluff'
not funny, but i think most of you guys will understand what i mean and agree.
btw the tying shoes and man vs food ones are pure gold
03-24-2011, 03:18 PM
03-30-2011, 03:26 AM
when you have sniffed nose touqure when you were sick to unplug your nose
when you wear your inzer pants 6 days a week
when you eat steak and spagetti for breakfast
03-30-2011, 05:26 AM
03-30-2011, 04:40 PM
powerlifter will shatter your bones hairy manback i dare you to go 2 a pling meet and tell them that
03-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Found some classics today
You might be a Powerlifter if you can't count above 5 but can multiply by 45 in your head.
You know your a powerlifter when you work at a desk during the day and you still have 1/2 inch thick calluses on your hands.
You might be a powerlifter if you dismount the toilet like doing box squats (to perfect that explosive power).
04-04-2011, 10:20 PM
04-05-2011, 03:50 PM
-When people get uneasy shaking your hands because of your huge calluses!
-Have seldom nose bleeds that you barely notice/consider
12-03-2011, 05:43 PM
12-08-2011, 12:20 PM
you might be a powerlifter if you squat down to poop and look for 3 white lights.
you might be a powerlifter if you reach down to grab your kids and lock out your hips on the way up.
you might be a powerlifter if you can barely get out of a chair or the bed without moaning in agony but can squat a small car.
you can call me "ozzie" for short.
12-08-2011, 12:45 PM
When you're too fat to call yourself a bodybuilder?
I kid I kid. My routine is more powerlifting than anything else these days -- I don't even do arms anymore. Arnold talks about the foundation with his body he was able to build by training as a powerlifter at the beginning of his career in The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding. Whenever anyone asks for advice on form these days I tell them to learn from powerlifters -- if anyone knows how to put up massive weight without injuring themselves, it's powerlifters!
12-08-2011, 08:32 PM
here's one for me
-when you walk into the weight room and the guys on "your" bench move to another bench.
-when you have to build up motivation to put on a pair of blue jeans
-when on a sick day your wife tells you that "you ate like a normal person today"
12-08-2011, 08:36 PM
12-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By brownstown89 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 42Last Post: 01-27-2010, 12:30 AM
- By DALLASxBROWN in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 8Last Post: 12-24-2008, 06:52 PM
- By DALLASxBROWN in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 0Last Post: 12-08-2008, 11:05 PM
- By liftw8t in forum BulkingReplies: 2Last Post: 07-22-2008, 11:17 AM