How many times can you squat 250?

ntornado

Awards
How many times can you back squat 250 to parallel?

If you haven't tried, just guess and be honest.

Just trying to measure myself up here and motivate myself a little. Should be interesting.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
I'll try it Tuesday, but I'm guessing 10-12 with strict form.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Just trying to measure myself up here and motivate myself a little. Should be interesting.
FOEVER lol. not sure but definately like 20 times

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
The best I've done was 26 @ 225 with a few working sets before. I was thinking about trying to see if I could do 225 x 25 for 4 sets = 100 reps. I would need very long breaks. Thinking about it hurts.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I would guess 20-25, as long as I didn't get a back pump going on.

ntornado

Awards
The best I've done was 26 @ 225 with a few working sets before. I was thinking about trying to see if I could do 225 x 25 for 4 sets = 100 reps. I would need very long breaks. Thinking about it hurts.
Thanks that gives me an idea for a goal. 250 for 3 sets for 100 total reps. Awesome!

imjuschillin

Awards

Hey man, just a thought, but maybe to make it more in ratio with many other factors you should ask like, how many times can you squat 1.5 times your bodyweight... Because if a 125lbs guy can squat 250 10 times strict, and a 250lbs guy can do it 20, it would appear the 2nd guy being much stronger, but the bodyweight they carry around daily can skew the rep numbers. If that 250lbs guy can do 500lbs 10 times, then that would be more similar to the smaller guys strength ratio (because they would both be doing 10 reps at twice their bodyweight.)

Just for example, or ask how many times can you squat 100lbs over your bodyweight.

Cheers.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
When I was doing heavier workouts a few years ago, and ending with widow-makers, I made my way up to 250 x 25 with the last 3 reps being pause/breathe reps.

Since my disk injury, I doubt i could get it 10 times. Most since my injury has been about 4, amazing...

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Thanks that gives me an idea for a goal. 250 for 3 sets for 100 total reps. Awesome!
I do that with 225 benching. How few sets I can get 50 reps in. So far 4 sets is the usual. I can pass 50 reps in 4 sets but not yet completed 50 in 3 sets.

I find challenges like this fun.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did 40 reps with 225... It was epic and my legs were sore for over a week

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
I'd say 30+.... I hit 3 sets of 275x20 after pyramiding up to my 5 rep max

Sweekaters

Awards
I've heard stories at my gym of a guy getting 225x100 before, but it's kind of a friend of a friend thing. I've gotten up to 30 before.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
I've heard stories at my gym of a guy getting 225x100 before, but it's kind of a friend of a friend thing. I've gotten up to 30 before.
I believe it...'I'm sure there was plenty of pauses, but rest ain't really rest with two hundred pounds on your back.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

At 100 pounds, I could back squat 250 pounds just past parallel with strict form for 10-12 reps (15-20 reps at ~110 pounds) - you'll find that females have a much higher weight to strength and weight to power ratio than males though. I used to do sets of 40-50 reps to parallel at ~180 pounds.

In saying that, comparing your lift numbers with someone else's is NOT the way to go, IMO. There are always going to be individuals who are much stronger than you and there are always going to be those weaker than you, whether they are close to your body mass or size or not. Therefore, you should only compare yourself to yourself, because the only person you are competing against is yourself (powerlifting is different, because that is a sport), and you're only trying to progress your own ability and strength.

~Rosie~

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I gave it a shot.

6'4", 196 lbs. 250/25 to parallel

This wasn't as deep as I normally squat, but I went until my knees were level with my hips. If I had done it with my normal form, I think 12-15 would've done me in. I had a few pauses, but nothing over 1-2 seconds. I think I could've squeezed a few more out too, but in my basement, alone, with no spotter, I try not to push my luck.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
I have hit 315x20, really not sure how I did it just had a lot of people screaming at me and ignored the pain.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I have hit 315x20, really not sure how I did it just had a lot of people screaming at me and ignored the pain.
Compared to you bigs I don't workout. Let's do pullups! :head:

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
For strict form? I would guess about 20. The most I ever got to on the 20 rep squat program was 245x20 but my top end squat was lower then.

TheKanezzi

Awards
i decided to try this.

6'1" @205 lbs

I got 28, I think i had 1-2 more but my back couldnt take it.

Try this out, every year they day after your bday squat your body weight for you age. 1 of my favs.

Cheers

n87

Awards
  • Established
I gotta try this, it is a good thing I am not 60 y.o. Isn't it...:)

chesty4

Awards
I've done 3 sets of 25 @225 before but had to crawl to my car afterwards

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
Today's squat workout...added the 250 at the end.

135 x 12
225 x 12
315 x 10
355 x 8
375 x 4
250 x 20...and I thought I was gunna die...

ModernLats

Awards
I miss doing workouts like this, fun stuff I will try asap but today I want to do 500 jumps with jump rope every three hours till bedtime :147:

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can do 275 for 20, and while my legs were feeling major pumps I think the thing that was giving out was my upper back towards the end. So at 250, I might only do a few extra.

EDIT: took out a flame comment