power lifting questions!

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.83%

power lifting questions!

I have a some questions what are good work outs for me to get my powerclean up i can clean 210 now and i would like to be able to get 275 by summer!? any tips?!

also i have questions on squating i squat 385 right now and i want to be able to squat 450-500lbs by summer or near the end to i was wondering if anyone had some tips?!

also have a question on my bench i can bench 285 right now and i would like to get some where from 325-350lb bench by summer or end any tips!?

please give me good work outs or anything that will help with this !!!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

For cleans. I do 10 sets of 1-2 then up right rows. Front squats. And kettle bell swings!
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.57%

Also reverse curls. I forgot to mention those!
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.03%

Quote Originally Posted by maddog28 View Post
    I have a some questions what are good work outs for me to get my powerclean up i can clean 210 now and i would like to be able to get 275 by summer!? any tips?!

also i have questions on squating i squat 385 right now and i want to be able to squat 450-500lbs by summer or near the end to i was wondering if anyone had some tips?!

also have a question on my bench i can bench 285 right now and i would like to get some where from 325-350lb bench by summer or end any tips!?

please give me good work outs or anything that will help with this !!!

Ok you want to increase your squat by at least 65 lbs and you Bench by 40lbs in about 6 months give or take. This is no easy feat if you are a seasoned lifter.

My suggestions:
    531 powerlifting routine. Map out moderate and conservative goals that you know you can attain, and train as hard as you can. Dont worry about your 531 max...just worry about moving weight.

3 day a week works great for me...4 days seems to be a bit much at times when powerlifting.

I like to use partial lifts at the END of my working sets(which are proper ROM) with supramaximal weight at least once every 2-3 weeks. Preferibly before a deload week. I use this so my body gets use to weight that is far heavier then what i can acually squat allowing for extra appositional growth of the bone as well as allowing my body to "remember" the weight. Usually this allow for my to increase my working sets and not have to worry about my back or core giving out...only my legs.

Diet should be slightly above maintence to allow for lean gains. Very high protein and fat work well for me...other rely more on carbs. This is depending on you.

Bench: work on triceps for your lock out, shoulders, and rest/pauses. Train to move the weight as fast as you can and as controlled as possible. Think of it like a controlled explosion(works for me). Also work on your form.

Squat: Train ATG, wide and parrallel, and partial supramaximal. Blow your legs up with squats. If you do all 3 in 1 workout...i would suggest do it the week before deload.

Also work lunges and ham curls. Work your core as well.

As far as power clean...i couldnt tell you...Im new to doing powercleans so I still am feeling out how I need progress in them.

Personally im starting a log that I will be applying all this and see if I can attain similar goes to what u have stated in a similar time frame.

Best of luck.
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as medical advice. Consult your doctor before new diets, supplements, training protocols, or if you have any concerns abotu yoru health.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.83%

i am 17 by the way im about 190ish and 5'10 i donnt lift all year round super hard cuz during football i cant go as hard as i do in the off season so i can gain strength pretty quickly
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.47%

I would recommend a 5x5 program variation, texas method, or 5/3/1. These will all focus on the main lifts and have a built in progression scheme. At your age and experience level I don't know that you need to do a ton of variations of the main lifts or try to work on "weak points". Work primarily the main lifts with a well designed progression scheme and you should get stronger.

Similar Forum Threads

1. What 2 day power lifting routine can I use for this?
    By drvinnybombat in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-11-2010, 09:24 PM
  2. Power lifting diet
    By machine528 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 09:05 PM
  3. Cycle Support in Power Lifting USA Magazine
    By CROWLER in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 05:14 PM
  4. Replies: 10