What do you lift at what weight? Bench/strict curl/dead/squat RAW

SportbikeBob

Awards
Hey, I'm new to this forum and I'm just curious as to who are the strong guys around here. That way I know who to get advise from and maybe other could benefit from some of mine. Post up your raw 1RM in Bench/strict curl/dead/squat. Also your body weight or the weight class you compete in and age.

Me
Weight class: 198lb
Bench: 375
strict curl: 165
dead: 400
Squat: 345

I have a weak lower body but my upper body is ok. I only started training legs about a year ago. I was only interested in a big upper body growing up then I realized over is much more important.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
I'm not one of the strongest guys around here, but here's my info:

Weight class: 242 (usually weigh-in between 232-238), tested
Raw bench: 405-ish
Curl: I NEVER curl!
Raw dead: 600-ish
Raw squat: 480-500 (haven't gone ME in a while)

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Hey, I'm new to this forum and I'm just curious as to who are the strong guys around here. That way I know who to get advise from and maybe other could benefit from some of mine. Post up your raw 1RM in Bench/strict curl/dead/squat. Also your body weight or the weight class you compete in and age.

Me
Weight class: 198lb
Bench: 375
strict curl: 165
dead: 400
Squat: 345

I have a weak lower body but my upper body is ok. I only started training legs about a year ago. I was only interested in a big upper body growing up then I realized over is much more important.
Punthra, Thundergod, Tomahawk, GoHardorGoHome, Volcom come to mind but there are a plethora of guys who can lift big up in here.

I suppose we wont be chatting much, I'm pretty weak :twak: j/k, if you have any questions, let me know.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And just keep in mind that there are small people who know what they are talking about! im not one of them IMO lol. but, keep an open mind.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
5'10" 200lbs.
400 bench
455 box squat
505 dl
not a strict powerlifter but i enjoy it.
There are also people out there that know alot about exercise science and dont powerlift but very knowledgeable folks non the less.

Footballrover

Awards
Height: 5'7
Weight class: 149.2
Bench: 185
strict curl: about 80-85
dead: Never tested it.. i know its 250+
Squat: 330

SportbikeBob

Awards
Good numbers guys! I have been dealing with a lot of injuries lately. Just got over a shoulder injury, and then I tore a small piece of my hammy. Been a week and I can still barely walk. On top of that now I sick. I will go for a new best of 380 bench next week. I will try to get a video of it.

SportbikeBob

Awards
WOW!!! Good job man! That's ****in awesome!

I want to hit 420 @ 198 next year then I will go up to the 220lb class and maybe after some more years of training I will join you in the 500 bench club.

Congrats again man!

Peckboy69

Awards
Weight:157
Class:165
Bench:355
Deadlift:485
Squat: 365

Been training for about 9 years.......going for the Pennsylvania state records in a bench and deadlift comp on Nov 20th!! Super pumped.....just as long as my shoulder holds up until then lol

SportbikeBob

Awards

Been training for about 9 years.......going for the Pennsylvania state records in a bench and deadlift comp on Nov 20th!! Super pumped.....just as long as my shoulder holds up until then lol
Good luck man those are huge numbers for your weight.

sw bill

Awards

Training for 9 years and you weigh 157?, Hmmmmm:scratchchin:

Peckboy69

Awards
was born 3 months premature.......have been doing logging work for a tree company for the last 5 years......all i do is move all day lol....not much time to eat very well....metabolism is way to fast still.......i hit that roadblock around 160 and i cant divert very far from that weight.......its very tough for me to gain.....if you would like pics i would be more than happy to post em!!

CJPopovich

Awards
  • Established
WOW!!! Good job man! That's ****in awesome!

I want to hit 420 @ 198 next year then I will go up to the 220lb class and maybe after some more years of training I will join you in the 500 bench club.

Congrats again man!
Thanks brother, it was a long road for me. 420 @ 198 is awesome. Eventually I hope to bench 500 @ 242, but that's a distant goal...

Peckboy69

Awards
keep it up bro thats some awesone **** 4 ur weight!!!!!

SportbikeBob

Awards
I guess you've never heard of Joe Mazza at 165 lb
Yeah a 450 raw bench! That guy is unreal but this guy is my hero!

Dennis Cieri- youtube.com/watch?v=zxIhi58AyNM

Insane!!!

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
Me
Weight class: 215lb
Bench: 330 right now..
strict curl: 155 ish..
dead: 490-500 not sure
Squat: 405

I dont max often but those are approximates. I'm kinda tall for my weight though..

SportbikeBob

Awards
Dealing with injuries but still managed to get a new best of 385 bench today!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Best bench was 650
squat in training 450 kilos, almost 1000
best dead in training over 800

SportbikeBob

Awards
Best bench was 650
squat in training 450 kilos, almost 1000
best dead in training over 800
Thats crazy! What weight class? You gotta have some videos of lifts that heavy?! **** your not far off the world record raw bench.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bench was touch and go no pause

And those other lifts were done in training when I was competing as an oly lifter

SportbikeBob

Awards
Bench was touch and go no pause

And those other lifts were done in training when I was competing as an oly lifter
Regardless those numbers make you one of the strongest men in the world.

drvinnybombat

Awards
Wow. I'm about 190 lbs, I can dead in the mid to high 400s and squat in the high 300s. Obviously I'm not a powerlifter. But you all blow my ass away in the bench press, I'm at maybe 275.

SportbikeBob

Awards
Wow. I'm about 190 lbs, I can dead in the mid to high 400s and squat in the high 300s. Obviously I'm not a powerlifter. But you all blow my ass away in the bench press, I'm at maybe 275.
Don't let it get you down. Bench is by far most peoples hardest lift. I trained nothing but bench and curl since I was a kid. It was the only lifts I thought were cool back then. Hahaha! Now I know better and I am struggling to get my deads and squats to a respectable level.

I have only been to a couple meets but compared to all other lifts bench is usually where most lack. A guy in my weight class pulled 635lbs but struggled to bench over 315. It also has a lot to do with genetics. Long arms and short legs make for a badass squatter/dead lifter but makes for a horrible bencher. Look up the records in any federation and you will see what I mean. It is very rare to see a guy who can dead and squat that puts up good bench numbers and vice versa.

Aldross

Aldross

Awards
Age 27
180 lbs
Bench 280 /sigh
DL 375
Squat 409
Curl ?

SportbikeBob

Awards
Finally over benched over 400!!! This cycle has worked wonders! This is my second cycle and between the two I have made crazy gains this year! Next week I plan on taking video of my 405 bench. I currently weigh 205lbs so it will be easy to make weight for my next meet.

hitsquaddd

hitsquaddd

Awards
Weight class: 185lb
Bench: 330
strict curl: never tried maxing on curls, don't care for them much.
dead: 520
Squat: 425 ass to grass, none of that half squat BS (def my weakest area due to a bum left knee)

SportbikeBob

Awards
Weight class: 185lb
Bench: 330
strict curl: never tried maxing on curls, don't care for them much.
dead: 520
Squat: 425 ass to grass, none of that half squat BS (def my weakest area due to a bum left knee)
Awesome #s for your weight and your age! I don't know where I'd be right now if I could lift that weight at your age. I can't squat or dead that at MY age!

KBD

KBD

Awards
  • Established
Bench: 405
Weight: 187
Deadlift: 460 (going for 490 tomorrow)
Squat Unknown, been out of legs for a while
Curl 200 with a swing lol.

biggfly

biggfly

Awards
  • Established
I guess I have never gauged strength by my strict curl max...lol...thats a new one to me

SportbikeBob

Awards
I guess I have never gauged strength by my strict curl max...lol...thats a new one to me
Strict curl is at almost every meet I go to. Not many people train heavy with curl. It usually just a vanity muscle so you tend to see huge guys that can't curl jack. Try it one time. Put you back on the wall and make sure you ass and shoulders stay planted on the wall. It's a lot harder then people think and I assure you there is not much technique involved so you have to rely on pure strength.

KBD

KBD

Awards
  • Established
Strict curl is at almost every meet I go to. Not many people train heavy with curl. It usually just a vanity muscle so you tend to see huge guys that can't curl jack. Try it one time. Put you back on the wall and make sure you ass and shoulders stay planted on the wall. It's a lot harder then people think and I assure you there is not much technique involved so you have to rely on pure strength.
They have curl meets?

Rofl what next, "Who can Calve Raise the Most?"

Thats ridiculous.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Bench: 325
Weight: 190
Deadlift: 500
Squat: have never tested max
Curl:165 perfect form

biggfly

biggfly

Awards
  • Established
They have curl meets?

Rofl what next, "Who can Calve Raise the Most?"

Thats ridiculous.
Ditto this^^^^^ WTF?? and curl strength has what to do with actual functional, competitive, or sports related strength?? None IMO, if you can curl 200 lbs strict form, "back against the wall" and I cannot, BUT I can bench 425, squat 495, dead over 550, and clean close to 300, i dishrag you everytime, all the time in any competitive situation.

Never heard of curls being in competition, I guess I live under a rock.

biggfly

biggfly

Awards
  • Established
I dont use heavy weights to curl, if I even end up doing iso curls, and I see alot of big guys who use lighter weights than small guys in the gym too. Difference is, the small guy walks into the gym, walks over to the ez curl bar or hammer strength preacher curl machine, loads it up and "blasts his bi's" right out of the gate, I however, as well as other big guys, walk into the gym, do pullups, bb rows, hammer rows, pulldowns, db rows, t bar rows, then and only then, if we arent fried from a huge back workout, we will throw in some iso curl work, but at that point, bi's are torched and heavy weights arent happening. Thats when small guys get to feel like they are the shiz and tell their bro's they curl more than the "big guy" in the gym. comical...

SportbikeBob

Awards
I agree 100% that curls are the least of all functional strength tests but I don't care if it's finger curls, it's nice to be stronger then others in as many things as possible.

Now if I could borrow someones right hamstring I would love to get back to work on my squats and deads.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Curls are pretty lame but, hey working your curl helps your row, vice versa right? ahhh anyways, I dont do bis anymore, only back workouts and pullups.

Weight:178
Curl:130
Bench:265
Dead: 405x3
Squat:350x3

I have only one rep maxed bench once since last winter, so. there it is. I just started deads and squat about a month ago.

Also I know alot of guys who bench with shirts and or planks, aka not touching the chest and not doing a full rep. Ive been told by some lifters always touch chest on bench, some say it causes to much pull on the pecs/shoulders... I always touch chest if I had a shirt or plank I could probably bench 300, my lower part is what kills me because of long arms.

KBD

KBD

Awards
  • Established
Yeah i can front raise an 80 so what up? Gonna go to Delt Front Raise Meets here soon.

ROFL XD

biggfly

biggfly

Awards
  • Established
comical...true story, had a guy challenge me to a "shrug off" at the gym. I said i would do it if he indulged me in my lift of choice. He declined. Seriously, what ass clown wants to do a "shrug off" competition? I told him shrugs were an "exercise" and not a "lift" per se....

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All 1 rep max
Bench: 275
Weight: 170(finishing last week of cut)
Deadlift: Havn't been able to go heavy for a while
Squat: prob only 300 right now
Curl: 150 strict

Hoping to bring all these up once I start getting more cals in.

SportbikeBob

Awards
comical...true story, had a guy challenge me to a "shrug off" at the gym. I said i would do it if he indulged me in my lift of choice. He declined. Seriously, what ass clown wants to do a "shrug off" competition? I told him shrugs were an "exercise" and not a "lift" per se....
Lmao! That's takin it a little far but if someone challanged me in a shrug off I would definitely do it! I'm a sucker for a challange.

Still my favorite is bench, then dead, then squat, then curl, then everything else.

I'll be honest though, I am very surpried most of you didn't know about curl competitions. They have had curl comps since the invention of powerlifting. It's just obviously not as popular as the main 3 lifts. Just youtube strict curl or curl and you will see plenty of meets that include curls.

SportbikeBob

Awards
All 1 rep max
Bench: 275
Weight: 170(finishing last week of cut)
Deadlift: Havn't been able to go heavy for a while
Squat: prob only 300 right now
Curl: 150 strict

Hoping to bring all these up once I start getting more cals in.
Not bad at all! You definitely need to get that weight up for your height. The taller you are the bigger you need to be to take advantage of each lift. One of the easiest ways to cheat on bench is to have a big stomach. Unfortunately I have a 6 pack year round and I have a very long travel in my bench. I plan to go up to the 220 lb class to take advantage of this.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not bad at all! You definitely need to get that weight up for your height. The taller you are the bigger you need to be to take advantage of each lift. One of the easiest ways to cheat on bench is to have a big stomach. Unfortunately I have a 6 pack year round and I have a very long travel in my bench. I plan to go up to the 220 lb class to take advantage of this.
Thanks!

I was up to 208lbs in the summer, but cut down to 185 for a grappling tourny and wanted to try a tourny at 170 so I cut down more. But not sure if the tourny at 170 will work cause I injured my ankle so I think I'm gonna focus on lifting for a bit.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha thats a big cut, 38 pounds, how long did it take you? im gettin ready to cut in a few months.

SportbikeBob

Awards
Thanks!

I was up to 208lbs in the summer, but cut down to 185 for a grappling tourny and wanted to try a tourny at 170 so I cut down more. But not sure if the tourny at 170 will work cause I injured my ankle so I think I'm gonna focus on lifting for a bit.
Wow! Props pn that cut! I raced bikes last year, hence the screen name, and I cut down to 175. It was hard on my body and my strength went to ****. It came right back and then some when I gained the weight back this year though. If you train hard while gaining weight you will see what I mean. Get your strength up then see how much better your grappling becomes!

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does anyone here do their max bench with a 4x4 glued to a 2x4 board sat on their chest. because they have one over at my gym that a few guys use to "max out" and their bench is literally 4 inches... and they do the whole belly bounce using the board too so its like... o_O

SportbikeBob

Awards
Does anyone here do their max bench with a 4x4 glued to a 2x4 board sat on their chest. because they have one over at my gym that a few guys use to "max out" and their bench is literally 4 inches... and they do the whole belly bounce using the board too so its like... o_O
Board presses are used by guys who lift with shirts. The shirt does the work for them at the bottom so they need most of their strength from mid to lock out. I can't stand equipt lifts. I never understood why people care what can be lifted with something helping them. Why not just get in a machine and lift 10,000 lbs? Raw is the only true form of lifting there is. If you can't do it with out gear then you can't do it period.