Evo Stack suggestions with powerlifting! help please

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
well i just got back from vacation 3 weeks of eating ****ty and lifting at a crappy and gym and tons of partying. I leave for my University in 10 weeks. Ive been focusing on powerlifting alot the last year or so. But im dissapointed by somethings such as my stomach. Now i dont want a abercrombie 6 pack but i dont like how mine looks. Also feel like i lost some size on my pecs since i been powerlifting.

Anyways i ordered the evo-stack as my friend powerbuilds and saw great results on it. So i wanted to try it out. Basically my goals are

- obviously getting bench/squat/deadlift gains
- leg mass as i never really sqautted like i should have in the past
- loose some fat/ tone up

anyone got suggestions? ill deffintely post my results and what compare with what i start with im also posting in my log so just a heads up!

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
not really a question just saying any suggestions while im taking it?

I was thinking id do a bit more leg work so i can gain some size on them. Should i up the accessory work? should i push the weights i use on the 5/3/1 and singles ? just suggestions.

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
Just pick the one or two lifts you want to focus on the most and hit those hard while just maintaining on the other lifts. If you want to focus on squats, then push the reps on the top set of the 5/3/1 protocol. You could then do a couple of back-off sets using the percentages you used on the way up. For example, 65%x5, 75%x5, 85%x5+, 75%x5, 65%x5. Then I would do some lunges as part of your assistance work.
You are going to have to decide what you want most though. You're going to have a hard time really bringing up your legs if you are trying to lose a bunch of fat at the same time.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
Just pick the one or two lifts you want to focus on the most and hit those hard while just maintaining on the other lifts. If you want to focus on squats, then push the reps on the top set of the 5/3/1 protocol. You could then do a couple of back-off sets using the percentages you used on the way up. For example, 65%x5, 75%x5, 85%x5+, 75%x5, 65%x5. Then I would do some lunges as part of your assistance work.
You are going to have to decide what you want most though. You're going to have a hard time really bringing up your legs if you are trying to lose a bunch of fat at the same time.
i didnt want this to sound like a rookie pick i guess it did tho lol...

Basically i was using 5/3/1 on bench and deadlift days.. I was skipping out on military press and doing an assistance day for benchw which was centered around dips and military press. Leg day i was doing Squats with singles on 90% of my 1 rep max and then backing down and doing a set of 5 on box squat. I was gaining strength but not much leg size. So i like the idea of maybe like 5 singles on 315 and doing 3 drop sets of 5 and throw in a little bit more leg extentions and curls and calves.

As far as dropping fat.. What i mean is there will be no fast food in my diet none. Ill eat chicken breasts, protien shakes, Bars, Fish, Veggie burgers, Pasta, whole grain breads and garnola bars and salads and fruit. Also stepping up the cardio a bit no slacking on it. I wanna go from only upper abs visable at 188-190ish to 181-183 so basically tryna loose 5 pounds i think it will be possible with a good diet what do you think?

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
As far as legs, you just have to squat. You want to shock your legs? Do a 20 rep squat. Basically rack a weight that you know you can do 10 reps of.....then do 20. I mean stand there till you get 20! I used to do this and I promise you that you won't be able to walk for a couple of days! LOL....it works.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
As far as legs, you just have to squat. You want to shock your legs? Do a 20 rep squat. Basically rack a weight that you know you can do 10 reps of.....then do 20. I mean stand there till you get 20! I used to do this and I promise you that you won't be able to walk for a couple of days! LOL....it works.
yea basically im hoping with the this stack i could do a little more volume on legs, eat less junk calories and do a bit more cardio without it effecting my lifting strength. i dont think its much to ask