Fat Gripz feedback

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Just received my pair today. They arrived about an hour after I finished lifting, so I'll post up some feedback here in a few days.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by wontstop985 View Post
    Just received my pair today. They arrived about an hour after I finished lifting, so I'll post up some feedback here in a few days.
    thanks looking forward to it
    •   
       


  3. I used mine for my first workout (back day) I usually deadlift 225 for a warmup of 10... and 365-405 depending on the rep range..


    with the fat gripz on the bar I could only do 225 around 8-10 times completely wrecked my forarms. I can't even imagine how crazy these things are goin to be for the arm workout. I also used them for shrugs and a few different rowing movements. Its sunday now and my forarms are still KILLING me... but I did have to drop down in weight but Im sure once my forarms build up that my weight will go back up and then i cant even imagine what im goin to do to the damn gym when i take them things off. basically get them... they seem great for grip/arm strength and are excellent for thick bar training (which i plan on doing from now on or doing them for like 3-4 week cycle then switch back to a normal bar)
    Bench - 355
    Squat - 405
    Deadlift - 600

  4. Quote Originally Posted by bkoguy07 View Post
    I used mine for my first workout (back day) I usually deadlift 225 for a warmup of 10... and 365-405 depending on the rep range..


    with the fat gripz on the bar I could only do 225 around 8-10 times completely wrecked my forarms. I can't even imagine how crazy these things are goin to be for the arm workout. I also used them for shrugs and a few different rowing movements. Its sunday now and my forarms are still KILLING me... but I did have to drop down in weight but Im sure once my forarms build up that my weight will go back up and then i cant even imagine what im goin to do to the damn gym when i take them things off. basically get them... they seem great for grip/arm strength and are excellent for thick bar training (which i plan on doing from now on or doing them for like 3-4 week cycle then switch back to a normal bar)
    i curled with them monday and had to deadlift tuesday OUCH biceps were way to sore

  5. My initial impression is: holy **** these make DB rows difficult. I was only able to do my two light sets with the fat gripz before I had to take them off to do more weight. It's like you're holding the bar with your finger tips. DB presses were tough too. I've got a feeling it will take a few sessions to get used to these.

  6. thanks guys keep me updated

  7. Id like to get a pair of these. Wouldnt mind stronger forearms and grip. Being able to get a good workout with less weight/pain would be nice too.

  8. Just started using these for about 3-4 workouts now. I've used them for bench (incline, flat, flyes, and close grip), military (DB and BB), curls (DB, BB, Cable), cable rows and lat pull-downs. So far I'm loving them, I feel I've been held back on deadlifts from a weak grip. We'll see how these help.

    I've had generally the same impression as others post, good arm/forearm pump, lowered weight on lifts, but definitely a differernt/better feeling. I'll be doing deads tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes with the gripz on.

    As a side benefit, I do think they help improve my focus on correct form (along with reducing the weight).

    Good stuff, worth the money!

  9. Hmm I want to buy these but seems like they are overpriced to me lol...40 bucks for some rubber...cool idea tho wish I would have thought of it
    Follow me on instagram for:Workout advice and tips, Diet pics, Inspirational pics, And best....pics of me!!!! haha
    INSTAGRAM: GUN_WALKER3

  10. Stop thinking about it and just buy it and thank me later
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

    FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218
    •   
       


  11. how did you like em roid?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Deeerdre View Post
    Hmm I want to buy these but seems like they are overpriced to me lol...40 bucks for some rubber...cool idea tho wish I would have thought of it
    Think about it this way... you (not you specifically) will spend 40 bucks on creatine, vitamins, preworkout a pack of protien shakes etc... and how much weight does that add to the bar? lol more then likely nothing.. spend 40 on some "plastic" use em for some max effort lifts and you add 5-10 pounds to the bar for 40 bucks.... seems alot more worth it then supps ya feel?

  13. anyone try em on flat bench?

  14. Quote Originally Posted by qwerty33 View Post
    anyone try em on flat bench?
    I've used them on flat bench both regular and close grip. Feels good, had to lower the weight about 20lbs, but felt really good. Not as much forearm pump, but a different stretch for chest/shoulders. I like it and will rotate them in and out of chest workouts, as well as all other body parts (except legs and abs).

  15. Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    Think about it this way... you (not you specifically) will spend 40 bucks on creatine, vitamins, preworkout a pack of protien shakes etc... and how much weight does that add to the bar? lol more then likely nothing.. spend 40 on some "plastic" use em for some max effort lifts and you add 5-10 pounds to the bar for 40 bucks.... seems alot more worth it then supps ya feel?
    This. I have never had a problem with buying lifting accessories. But am VERY selective with supplements because only a certain percentage actually work. Unlike if you order a weight sled you know what you are getting is just that.
    The Historic PES Legend

  16. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    This. I have never had a problem with buying lifting accessories. But am VERY selective with supplements because only a certain percentage actually work. Unlike if you order a weight sled you know what you are getting is just that.
    exactly like i have pain in my shoulders i prodered some blue heat and a mini band for rear delt work and bam pains gone for 20 bucks but most people would rather suffer the pain and try to take a supplement and push threw the pain

  17. Tried the FG's on deadlifts today, could only pull 225 x 5. Went to straps and pulled 455 x 1.

    I also tried them on one arm DB rows, 70 x 8 (losing grip), then went to straps for 130 x 8.

    So, moral of the story to me is I'll start heavy with straps and finish up with the FG's on higher reps / lower weight. My grip is so tired now...

  18. I have a pair and I love them. I use them almost every day except legs obviously. Training with these grips helped me hit a 500lb raw dead lift at 198 lb.

  19. I bought a pair of "Fat Gripz" this week. I'll update once I get to using them. The majority of feedback I've come across has been impressive.

    -John

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  20. I got mine on Tues. Used them on Wed for dumbell rows and dumbell curls. Had to lower the weight but really felt my forearms during both exercises. Still feeling my forearms a little today.

  21. get some. I am loving using these for presses. For me it really enhances the mind muscle connection.
    SFW and GFH

  22. I only use my for pulling movements... pressing movements it doesnt affect my lifts at all. But I had decent forearms to begin with... (pulling 405 for sets with over over grip) but these things will definitely make a bitch outa you on pulling movements
    Bench - 355
    Squat - 405
    Deadlift - 600
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. FAT GRIPZ
    By Dragon93 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 10:55 AM
  2. Fat Gripz?
    By drinkyboy in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 10:51 AM
  3. Fat Gripz. ANyone use them?
    By JoHNnyNuTZ in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 04:52 PM
  4. Fat Gripz
    By Batman1991 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 09:28 PM
  5. GOT MY FAT GRIPZ!!!!!!!
    By JoHNnyNuTZ in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 12:07 AM
Log in
Log in