help asap is this power rack worth it

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
Home Gym Equipment

alright so its a nordic trac power rack for 300 with a lat pulldown attachment. I already got such things as boards, fat gripz, bands, 390lbs of olympic plates 2 bars.. I know ill need more weight soon but im going of to college in september i was thinking instead of joining a gym down there i could rent a 1 car garage and get my powerlifting done in there...

anyways if you guys take a look at the link what do you think of the power rack? looks solid to me.. and also could you do use the lat pulldown attachment to do tricep work?

please help as soon as possible dont wanna loose out on the deal.

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
I think based on the weights you will be using and the fact that it's for rather short-term use, it will probably be fine. I don't think it would be good for a powerlifting gym where it would get heavy use and huge poundages, but for your purposes it might be fine. You just might find out how far apart the holes are so you know how well you can adjust the j-hooks or spotter bars. Provided you won't be slamming weights down on rack pulls or dumping the bar regularly on the spotter bars, I think it would work for you.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
I think based on the weights you will be using and the fact that it's for rather short-term use, it will probably be fine. I don't think it would be good for a powerlifting gym where it would get heavy use and huge poundages, but for your purposes it might be fine. You just might find out how far apart the holes are so you know how well you can adjust the j-hooks or spotter bars. Provided you won't be slamming weights down on rack pulls or dumping the bar regularly on the spotter bars, I think it would work for you.
well i mean when i go off to college i wanna have a good rack high quality etc, i can wait a couple months and get a power high quality one with 1/2 inch whole spacing....I can easily focus on getting elbow sleeves, new belt, squat and bench and a box for box squats... that way when im ready to transfer schools i can just buy a power rack.. im thinking i should go that route and just buy a higher quailty one and focus on getting the small things first.