Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

help asap is this power rack worth it

Home Gym Equipment

alright so its a nordic trac power rack for 300 with a lat pulldown attachment. I already got such things as boards, fat gripz, bands, 390lbs of olympic plates 2 bars.. I know ill need more weight soon but im going of to college in september i was thinking instead of joining a gym down there i could rent a 1 car garage and get my powerlifting done in there...

anyways if you guys take a look at the link what do you think of the power rack? looks solid to me.. and also could you do use the lat pulldown attachment to do tricep work?

please help as soon as possible dont wanna loose out on the deal.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.23%

I think based on the weights you will be using and the fact that it's for rather short-term use, it will probably be fine. I don't think it would be good for a powerlifting gym where it would get heavy use and huge poundages, but for your purposes it might be fine. You just might find out how far apart the holes are so you know how well you can adjust the j-hooks or spotter bars. Provided you won't be slamming weights down on rack pulls or dumping the bar regularly on the spotter bars, I think it would work for you.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SRS2000 View Post
    I think based on the weights you will be using and the fact that it's for rather short-term use, it will probably be fine. I don't think it would be good for a powerlifting gym where it would get heavy use and huge poundages, but for your purposes it might be fine. You just might find out how far apart the holes are so you know how well you can adjust the j-hooks or spotter bars. Provided you won't be slamming weights down on rack pulls or dumping the bar regularly on the spotter bars, I think it would work for you.
    well i mean when i go off to college i wanna have a good rack high quality etc, i can wait a couple months and get a power high quality one with 1/2 inch whole spacing....I can easily focus on getting elbow sleeves, new belt, squat and bench and a box for box squats... that way when im ready to transfer schools i can just buy a power rack.. im thinking i should go that route and just buy a higher quailty one and focus on getting the small things first.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Quality Power Rack
    By BaDgErFaN in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 09:47 PM
  2. Your #1 song in the rack
    By billmd6753 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 03:36 PM
  3. how often to do rack pulls?
    By underdog13 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 03:25 AM
  4. The AN rack
    By Brad2131 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 12:36 AM
  5. Looking to buy Power Rack, any suggestions?
    By Alexander in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 10:57 PM