Pre-meet rituals...

Ironhyde

Ironhyde

Awards
What do you guys always do, or not do, leading up to a meet the week before? Specific diet? Supplement changes? Night before? Morning of? I'm curious to see how everyone prepares.

Personally, I eat steak every night for dinner leading up to the meet. Usually with a baked potato and cheesecake for dessert. If the meet is Saturday, I start what I like to call my "pre-meet bloat" on Thursday night. I take 500mg of bute at bedtime along with a package of alka-seltzer. Friday morning I take another 500mg of bute. Friday morning I mix up a gallon jug of water with one packet of Electrolyte Gold (basically gatorade for race horses), 10 scoops of powdered Gatorade, and 10 scoops of Xtend from Scivation (BCAAs). Friday night dinner is a free-for-all. Usually an Outback if there's one handy. Cheese fries, steak, baked potato, and dessert. At bed time I take 1000mg of bute and another package of alka-seltzer. First thing upon waking up on meet morning, another 1000mg of bute and mix another gallon jug of horsey juice to drink on throughout the course of the meet. Obviously I'm a light 220-pounder, so making weight is not an issue for me.

JeffD

JeffD

Awards
I'm not big on OTC supplements, never had much success with any of them. I do try to get a large Papa John's 'meats' pizza the night before (as long as I'm far enough under weight). 2 egg mcmuffins, chocolate milk and coffee the morning of. PB&Js on whole wheat, bannanas, chocolate milk throughout the day and a 5 hour energy shot about an hour before each lift. After the meet, full on gluttony at the nearest slurp & burp.

Ironhyde

Ironhyde

Awards
I'm not big on OTC supplements, never had much success with any of them. I do try to get a large Papa John's 'meats' pizza the night before (as long as I'm far enough under weight). 2 egg mcmuffins, chocolate milk and coffee the morning of. PB&Js on whole wheat, bannanas, chocolate milk throughout the day and a 5 hour energy shot about an hour before each lift. After the meet, full on gluttony at the nearest slurp & burp.
I like your style!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
After weigh in I eat. Last one was a buffet breakfast ( I wasnt lifting till 1pm and weighed in at 7am) I was easily 10lbs up by the time I got up there ;)

MongoSS

MongoSS

Awards
I do a short two or three day carb depletion make my weigh in, then I start a simple carb and fluid load, First two gatorades then half gallon of water. Then half loaf of white bread straight up. Usually pasta and bread the night before, plus some oatmeal cookies before bed. In the morning a couple pancakes, and on to the meet.