Pre-meet rituals... - AnabolicMinds.com

Pre-meet rituals...

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.

Pre-meet rituals...

What do you guys always do, or not do, leading up to a meet the week before? Specific diet? Supplement changes? Night before? Morning of? I'm curious to see how everyone prepares.

Personally, I eat steak every night for dinner leading up to the meet. Usually with a baked potato and cheesecake for dessert. If the meet is Saturday, I start what I like to call my "pre-meet bloat" on Thursday night. I take 500mg of bute at bedtime along with a package of alka-seltzer. Friday morning I take another 500mg of bute. Friday morning I mix up a gallon jug of water with one packet of Electrolyte Gold (basically gatorade for race horses), 10 scoops of powdered Gatorade, and 10 scoops of Xtend from Scivation (BCAAs). Friday night dinner is a free-for-all. Usually an Outback if there's one handy. Cheese fries, steak, baked potato, and dessert. At bed time I take 1000mg of bute and another package of alka-seltzer. First thing upon waking up on meet morning, another 1000mg of bute and mix another gallon jug of horsey juice to drink on throughout the course of the meet. Obviously I'm a light 220-pounder, so making weight is not an issue for me.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

I'm not big on OTC supplements, never had much success with any of them. I do try to get a large Papa John's 'meats' pizza the night before (as long as I'm far enough under weight). 2 egg mcmuffins, chocolate milk and coffee the morning of. PB&Js on whole wheat, bannanas, chocolate milk throughout the day and a 5 hour energy shot about an hour before each lift. After the meet, full on gluttony at the nearest slurp & burp.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    I'm not big on OTC supplements, never had much success with any of them. I do try to get a large Papa John's 'meats' pizza the night before (as long as I'm far enough under weight). 2 egg mcmuffins, chocolate milk and coffee the morning of. PB&Js on whole wheat, bannanas, chocolate milk throughout the day and a 5 hour energy shot about an hour before each lift. After the meet, full on gluttony at the nearest slurp & burp.
    I like your style!
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

After weigh in I eat. Last one was a buffet breakfast ( I wasnt lifting till 1pm and weighed in at 7am) I was easily 10lbs up by the time I got up there
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.

I do a short two or three day carb depletion make my weigh in, then I start a simple carb and fluid load, First two gatorades then half gallon of water. Then half loaf of white bread straight up. Usually pasta and bread the night before, plus some oatmeal cookies before bed. In the morning a couple pancakes, and on to the meet.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Damn thread is makin' me hunnnngryy!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Superstitions, Rituals, Ticks
    By FOCUS in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 04:26 PM
  2. LETS HEAR YOUR PRE-CYCLE RITUALS
    By lyfespan in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 7