Jump squats for speed
- 01-31-2010, 07:41 PM
- 01-31-2010, 07:45 PM
02-01-2010, 01:03 PM
02-01-2010, 01:29 PM
02-01-2010, 01:30 PM
I have done squat jumps before (using 40# DBs), and I noticed a big increase in my vertical jump. So, IMO, they are a good tool/exercise to build power.
02-21-2010, 04:02 PM
box jumps and band squats would be better for speed development and power than jump squat. The band squat is basically the same you just dont leave the ground and you dont have the impact on the joints.
Similar Forum Threads
- By gunzblazin1x in forum Training ForumReplies: 35Last Post: 04-12-2012, 06:44 PM
- By TexasLifter89 in forum Training ForumReplies: 65Last Post: 05-22-2011, 08:56 AM
- By islandmagic in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 12-28-2009, 11:10 AM
- By Pleonastic in forum Training ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 03-26-2009, 01:10 PM
- By luggnut in forum 35 and OlderReplies: 9Last Post: 12-06-2005, 10:38 PM