good squat shoes? help a brother out

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. they are. also for safety. esp for those of us who squat and dead over 300-400 lbs

what model of asics do you guys rec

2. Quote Originally Posted by qwerty33 View Post
    they are. also for safety. esp for those of us who squat and dead over 300-400 lbs

what model of asics do you guys rec
    i dead 440-455 range and squat 300-330 range and i dont have problems with shoes.. i guess im old school and just think lift the damn weight
    •   

3. I'm going to cast my vote again for high top chucks. Wrestling shoes are flat, but don't have much of a 'platform' to stand on. Chucks have a nice wide flat sole which makes it easy to push out on without rolling your heel.

Now go buy some, stop obsessing and close this thread.

4. Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    I'm going to cast my vote again for high top chucks. Wrestling shoes are flat, but don't have much of a 'platform' to stand on. Chucks have a nice wide flat sole which makes it easy to push out on without rolling your heel.

Now go buy some, stop obsessing and close this thread.
    i will for sure try high tops check on when i go check out westing shoes

hopefully they have both at ****s sporting goods

5. chucks all the way.

6. Quote Originally Posted by MongoSS View Post
    chucks all the way.
    this or I always squat in socks. People always ask why and I just respond that you werent born with nike's on lol
    Serious Nutrition Solutions

7. Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    this or I always squat in socks. People always ask why and I just respond that you werent born with nike's on lol
    lol

8. bought chucks about to go test them on deads tn

9. Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    i dead 440-455 range and squat 300-330 range and i dont have problems with shoes.. i guess im old school and just think lift the damn weight
    ditto, ive pulled in the high 4's with new balance cross trainers...

10. after trying wrestling shoes and chucks in the store. i think both are great options. I went with chucks and love em
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by DeFos3 View Post
    For me personally, over the years I have found adidas classic sambas to work the best for me.
    i was going to say sambas, then again what do i know..i wear whatever shoes and i'm not really into the whole different shoe thing, if u need elevation in the heal, put ur heal on a dime plate and your good to go

12. Quote Originally Posted by carnivalhobo View Post
    ditto, ive pulled in the high 4's with new balance cross trainers...
    hell yea brother. I think you can use money better on food, training tools such as bands chains boards etc, a belt and chalk...

13. Bare feet for meh.

14. Chucks do me just fine.

15. I use otomix lifting shoes, they look sick and are comfortable as hell and give you a really good stable platform to do the lift.

16. Try Chuck SLIMS, it is a newer model. I think the sole is about half that of a normal chuck. A perfect all around gym shoe.

17. I use chucks, I like them. $20-30 at Target I think they are

Similar Forum Threads

1. Squat/Deadlifting Shoes???
    By The Neck in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 07:01 PM
  2. Good Walking/running shoes
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 09:06 PM
  3. What do you guys recommend for good walking shoes?
    By DerickVonD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-24-2010, 01:14 AM
  4. Reverse heel shoes. Are they really that good for you?
    By DerickVonD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-06-2009, 03:58 AM