ELitefts Bands and Fat Gripz

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
ok so this is part powerlifting part of it might not be but i got those average strength pro light bands at elitefts. at the top the resistance is 158.3 pounds per side i believe ? although im kind of confused by the #s

EFS Pro Short Band Strength

theres the link but for a supplementary lift after deadlifting (with coan routine) instaed of doing stiff leg deads im doing 3 x 3 band deads and they seemed to really work my lockout today.. just wanted to get some opinons on this.

ALso the Fat gripz did some biceps after my workout today ( i dont consider biceps a workout) and they were really pumped... im also doing grip work saturday which calls for a double overhand 5 rep max with fat bar so we will see how that goes..

anyways i just wanted some opinons and to see if anyone could help me better understand the #s chart for the bands

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
damn thanks for all the help ill deff put these ideas in my training!

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
The band chart is for a band attached to each end of a bar. So look in the column for the bands you are using then figure out how far they are stretched at the top of your DL. For example, if you had light bands and the bar is 38" off the ground at the top of your DL the bands would be adding 121.5 lbs. of tension.
The only way to know if they will help in the Coan routine is to try it for a while and see what you think. I just wouldn't go too crazy heavy with them. Band work can be a little tougher to recover from since they help overload the entire ROM.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
The band chart is for a band attached to each end of a bar. So look in the column for the bands you are using then figure out how far they are stretched at the top of your DL. For example, if you had light bands and the bar is 38" off the ground at the top of your DL the bands would be adding 121.5 lbs. of tension.
The only way to know if they will help in the Coan routine is to try it for a while and see what you think. I just wouldn't go too crazy heavy with them. Band work can be a little tougher to recover from since they help overload the entire ROM.
thanks man i apriciate it.. im at 32 inches and it provides 158.3 total tension at the top... however i dont use a band dealift platform i do it the way dave does it in the video... he said the resistance is pretty much the same... and yea i just worked up to a 185 x 3 after doing my regular deads.. i dont feel carryover from stiff leg deadlifts soo i use bottom pin pulls or band pulls instead ill keep it up and see how it goes