West Side BB Training Question - AnabolicMinds.com

West Side BB Training Question

Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

West Side BB Training Question

Historically I have used the progressive overload method/peiodization method of training. I'm looking to change to West Side's way of doing things or at least a very close hybrid. I've done pretty well using the old style getting up to a 570 bench at a bw of 220 and now after a 4 year hiatus i'm back to a 520 plus bench but I'm not recovering as fast and my shoulders are killing me the way I structure my workouts over ther week.

I've read over tons of articles on WS and I get the jist of how they do they're training and why. I like it but unless I missed something, i'm trying to figure out when they get any shirt work done - pre contest. I'm looking to do a meet in April and I'm getting ready to start my training cycle and based on what I've read, I don't when to insert some shirt work so that I get used to the groove and get a good idea of what it's gonna take touch and determine my opener. I know the Metal Militia style of training calls for tons of shirt work every week but I'm not sure if that's what I want to go to.

Thanks for any info for any of you who may know what they're doin

Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

dave had some really good articles on elitefts about shirt work and westside but this was like in october u should search there database... i use alot of ideas of that website but i dont do shirted so i didnt pay much attention to the article.
    Stats
    6'1"  260 lbs.

Just do your shirt work on ME day of the Westside template. You will have to do alot of shirt work for a while to get proficient in the shirt again. Once you get comfortable in the shirt you won't have to wear it as much and can do more traditional ME workouts without the shirt.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. WEST SIDE FOR SKINNY BASTARDS
    By GENO0125 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 12:38 AM
  2. West Side Style
    By gotbench600 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 04:19 PM
  3. WEST SIDE BARBELLS 5X5 hybrid
    By Future in forum Powerlifting/Strongman